Economics Applicants 2017

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what the entry requirements are for kcl? I can't find it anywhere on the website

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanaan999)
    Does anyone know what the entry requirements are for kcl? I can't find it anywhere on the website

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A*AA with at least an A in Maths

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Need to send off my application and have 3 choices for sure, but I'm still not sure which 2 of bath, bristol and kcl should be my 4th and 5th :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ♥Samantha♥)
    Need to send off my application and have 3 choices for sure, but I'm still not sure which 2 of bath, bristol and kcl should be my 4th and 5th :/
    Have you considered sending off with less than 5 choices? I sent off with 4 and waited for my first offer to make my final decision

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domaths)
    Have you considered sending off with less than 5 choices? I sent off with 4 and waited for my first offer to make my final decision
    you can do that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ♥Samantha♥)
    you can do that?
    Yep, when you send off you'll get UCAS track details and when you log on to track you can add more options as long as you are under 5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joddcfc)
    GCSEs: 6A*, 4A, 1C
    AS levels: AAAA (Maths, Economics, Geography, History - which I've now dropped)
    Predicted A2: should be 3A* I think
    Course: Economics
    Universities: Warwick, Nottingham, York, Leeds, Manchester

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Quite unambitious choic3s with ur grades i wud comsirer swapping 1/2 of last 3 with ucl oxbridge maybe lse even altho idk about lse with no fm

ReputationRep:
    GCSE's : 10A* 4As
    AS: AAAB, english lit, maths, chem, bio
    A2 predicted AAA: english, maths, bio

I havent studied economics at A level but have been to a taster day and online course. I also haven't read any of the books, hence they're not in my statement. I did do work experience at Schroders tho...

Does anyone think it is worth applying to Oxford or not, brutally honest?(parents)
    Im looking at Bath, warwick,(faves) then between Bristol, exeter and maybe leeds?

ReputationRep:
    Any one got an offer yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Have you finished your personal statement yet cus the Oxford dead line is next Friday

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by youreanutter)
    Quite unambitious choic3s with ur grades i wud comsirer swapping 1/2 of last 3 with ucl oxbridge maybe lse even altho idk about lse with no fm
    Thanks, a part of me does think perhaps I can do better but Oxbridge, UCL, KCL and LSE put me off a little due to having very low figures in terms of % of candidates offered places (all are under 25% IIRC). Plus I'm not too keen on studying in London and 2 of my 5 choices I haven't had the chance to visit so I think for over half my unis to be places I haven't been to yet is a bit of a risk. On "the big 'are my grades good enough for Cambridge?' Thread", I was told it was unlikely Cambridge would consider me anyway, but thanks for the reply - I'll definitely take it as a compliment!

What do you reckon my chances of getting an offer from Warwick and Nottingham are?

ReputationRep:
    My ucas application went off this morning, waiting now...gonna be so hard to cope with the wait😩

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by felecita)
    I got this last year if that's any use, it's normal
    For Economics applicants, are we supposed to give UMS grades for maths and further maths or the letter of grade (e.g. A) for each maths and further maths module?

Also, do we have to give it if we have already finished our A-Levels?

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer from Nottingham 🎉🎉

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smiley444)
    Just got an offer from Nottingham 🎉🎉
    Congrats! Mind if I ask what the offer was?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kenzomorris)
    GCSE's : 10A* 4As
    AS: AAAB, english lit, maths, chem, bio
    A2 predicted AAA: english, maths, bio

I havent studied economics at A level but have been to a taster day and online course. I also haven't read any of the books, hence they're not in my statement. I did do work experience at Schroders tho...

Does anyone think it is worth applying to Oxford or not, brutally honest?(parents)
    Im looking at Bath, warwick,(faves) then between Bristol, exeter and maybe leeds?
    No point applying to Oxford imo, I was told straight up that no further maths would put me in the reject pile for E&M (unless there was no FM offered). With no A*s you would also probably get rejected because of that.

Bristol, Exeter and Leeds are all do-able but Bath may be a stretch to get an offer (but still worth applying for).

ReputationRep:
    Just got Econ offer from Bris, A*AA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fbiemad)
    For Economics applicants, are we supposed to give UMS grades for maths and further maths or the letter of grade (e.g. A) for each maths and further maths module?

Also, do we have to give it if we have already finished our A-Levels?
    Just the grade for each module, if it's the same this year. I never gave specific UMS marks.

Not sure sorry, I want to say no but I never paid much attention to that as I hadn't completed my A-Levels when I applied.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cryptographic)
    Just got Econ offer from Bris, A*AA.
    What are your stats?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to everyone who got an offer already

A2 Predicted Grade: A*AA (Econ, Maths and Further Maths)

Thinking about applying to Economics in Warwick

Other uni choices: UCL Exeter Southampton Reading

Do u think it would be too risky if my PG is exactly on the entry requirement?

Thanks in advance!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.