Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey I was in ziggs (norfolk terrace) last year so if you have any questions then shoot

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meaow1990)
    Do part-time postgraduates get guaranteed accommodation? (I'm not an international student)

Also, I am thinking of applying for accommodation, particularly STandard Single City (Mary Chapman) or Standard single campus (Orwell Close, Wolfson Close). I'd prefer the latter, would they make sure that I'd be sharing with other grad students?

How many people do you share toilets/bathrooms with and how many are there available? Is it 1 toilet/bathroom per flat or are there lots of cubicles on the floor? What are the sanitary conditions usually?

Thanks for any help!
    O/W have cubicles shared between a group I believe whereas Mary Chapman has 2 bathrooms per flat.

I don't think they can guarantee who you'll be sharing with but I think you can let them know a preference. For O/W there's usually one of the buildings that's mostly post grads so it's likely you'd be with them there.

Please correct me if anyone sees anything that's changed (esp the O/W bathrooms as I haven't seen a pic in a while!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Are any FB groups available yet to find flatmates? The fresher's one just seems to have trolls on it with admins not really caring.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captivated)
    Are any FB groups available yet to find flatmates? The fresher's one just seems to have trolls on it with admins not really caring.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The university should create them once the bulk of accomodation offers are given out post A-Level results day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jasian)
    So from reading the email UEA has sent to me it appears that Home Undergrads need to be at campus 19/20th of Sept but home Undergrads only get accommodation 24/25 Sept and SU's fresher's is W/C 18th Sept. Anyone else see something wrong here?
    the standard academic year is from the 26th september with freshers week being that week. Some courses start earlier (medicine, allied health courses the main ones) and for those students studying them accomodation move in date is earlier too. Medics also have their own freshers week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jbailey24)
    I got my room offer a few days ago for the village the room startsUVCA just wondering what does the CA part mean? I'm guessing the next part is like floor and room or something?
    Hey there, I got an offer for the University Village too! Pretty pleased with it, are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahl13)
    Hey I was in ziggs (norfolk terrace) last year so if you have any questions then shoot

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have a question if that's alright; I was assigned to Norfolk terrace in the ziggs at Block F Flat 1. Can you tell me where that is in terms of where it is in the building i.e ground floor or first floor etc. Also if by any chance you know anything else about that specific flat or block that would be superrr

Anyone else in that flat? or close by?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloehowcroft)
    Hey there, I got an offer for the University Village too! Pretty pleased with it, are you?
    Yes it looks so nice i was really hoping id get village, which part are you in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    The university should create them once the bulk of accomodation offers are given out post A-Level results day.
    Thank you I was told by the twitter account that we'll get some emails this week about fb groups but nothing so far.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you I was told by the twitter account that we'll get some emails this week about fb groups but nothing so far.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It is only Wed so far! Also remember most of your flatmates to be won't have accomodation offers yet

ReputationRep:
    What are the chances? I just got the email now for the fb group, haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Speak of the devil eh!

ReputationRep:
    How big are the bathrooms? I think that's one of my main concerns in terms of accommodation, I need space!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aishadee)
    How big are the bathrooms? I think that's one of my main concerns in terms of accommodation, I need space!
    It depends which accommodation. For the ziggs or Mary Chapman fairly big. For the village it's a tiny pod. For ensuite campus they're a reasonable sized ensuite.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpwxx)
    It depends which accommodation. For the ziggs or Mary Chapman fairly big. For the village it's a tiny pod. For ensuite campus they're a reasonable sized ensuite.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks for letting me know! Now I know not to even consider village accommodation

ReputationRep:
    Still don't have a accommodation offer, i am worried something happened, is this normal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terminator01)
    Still don't have a accommodation offer, i am worried something happened, is this normal?
    Is your offer conditional? If so, then you won't get an offer until your place is confirmed post results day

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=jelly1000;66931408]Is your offer conditional? If so, then you won't get an offer until your place is confirmed post results day[/QUOTE

No, it is unconditional for 3 weeks now, that is why i am worrying.

ReputationRep:
    Is your offer conditional? If so, then you won't get an offer until your place is confirmed post results day
    Should i contact them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terminator01)
    Should i contact them?
    As I said, if the offer is conditional its normal that you haven't heard from them yet and there is no need to contact anyone.

ReputationRep:
    As I said, if the offer is conditional its normal that you haven't heard from them yet and there is no need to contact anyone.
    But it is unconditional for a long time as i said in my previous post. The message didn't send well i think.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.