Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What would your reaction be if your son came out as a transgender? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swervybang)
    I'll tell them to stop being weird and be normal. I'm not going to accept that abhorrent lifestyle by any means
    Then they deserve a million times better than you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    My reaction would be to have a look at my parenting, and to see what I had done wrong.
    edgy

ReputationRep:
    I'd listen to them. It doesn't make them a different person, it just means that they are able to be comfortable with who they are. I'd be grateful that they didn't have to hide it from me anymore, and would offer to support them if that's what they want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivybridge)
    Seriously, the responses on this thread literally make my heart break for trans kids. We're a ****ing disgusting species.
    Looooool looks like another liberal has been triggered HARD

#transdontexist #deludedsjw

ReputationRep:
    I'd tell them that they are ****ed in the head

#savageaf #ohdaym

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    I have faith.
    So you have more faith in a God that may or may not be real, than you do in your own son? Thats kind of sad really.

ReputationRep:
    I'll never understand what it means to "feel like the opposite gender". But just because I don't understand it doesn't mean that it doesn't exist

If he's felt like that from birth till about age 14, then I'd support. If however at age 16 he comes at me like "I've felt like a woman/bigender/genderqueer/agender for the past 6 months now" then... no, probably not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladbants)
    If you don't have a son, pretend that you do...
    So you want me to pretend I have a son that wants me to pretend they're my daughter?

ReputationRep:
    I'd tell them to get the **** right off my house.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I'm incredibly triggered it's ****ing outrageous.

Lol, trans people do exist you nob. Not like God, sorry (not sorry).
    They don't exist. Mentally retarded people do.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I'm incredibly triggered it's ****ing outrageous.

Lol, trans people do exist you nob. Not like God, sorry (not sorry).
    You're even more deluded if you think God doesn't exist and that people actually think that they are women when they are men. They're just ****ed up

ReputationRep:
    I would do anything I can to support my child and love them regardless.

IMHO if you wouldn't support your child or you would disown your child if they're were to come out as LGBT you shouldn't have a child, as a parent is supposed to love and support their child no matter what.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squish562)
    They don't exist. Mentally retarded people do.
    You are a good example of a mentally retarded person.

Lmao, you all need ****ing incinerating, I swear.
    You want to incinerate people based on their religion? Isn't that what Hitler did?

ReputationRep:
    I'd tell them that they should listen to their heart. I don't know **** about transgender so I can't do much but I'll accept them and learn about it

ReputationRep:
    Do you realise that it's your attitude and the hatred of these individuals that cause them to commit suicide? Open your ****ing eyes you ****.
    How do you know that that's the reason why they commit suicde? Any sources?

ReputationRep:
    Lmao, you all need ****ing incinerating, I swear.
    So just because someone's disagrees with your opinion they should be destroyed. Not far right authoritarian at all

ReputationRep:
    I'd be concerned that they'd been going through such a *difficult time and would do what I could do to help them through it. Nothing else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biglad2k16)
    So just because someone's disagrees with your opinion they should be destroyed. Not far right authoritarian at all
    It isn't an opinion - you simply cannot treat people that way. It's completely inhumane. You'd go out of your way to cause harm to your child, because you have an opinion and they don't meet your perfect model. You're sick.

ReputationRep:
    Lol at the amount of beef in this thread

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.