Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jee1)
    I bet just under 0.00000001% of Muslims wear Burkas in Germany
    That would means that nobody wears a burqa, which is obviously not true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    Why do you even bother to comment if other people's opinion is irrelevant? Nobody cares about your opinion as well.
    To tell them the world doesn't revolve around them, and nor do the thoughts of Muslim women. They aren't here to please them. That's not an opinion, so.. my opinion on what exactly? :lol:*

I didn't put one out there, such a wonderful contribution, don't quote me unless you have something reasonable to say cause I didn't even state an opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EastGuava)
    Wanting the burqa banned is not racist.
    Things didn't start of entirely 'racist' at the beginning of a certain targeting against a certain other religious group either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    That would means that nobody wears a burqa, which is obviously not true.
    Well durhh still not many wear Burkas many Muslims are Turks in Germany and Turkey is a secular country

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    You have to deal with her parents first. :rolleyes: You have so much to learn.
    I have money. They would kiss my hand to make me take her.

ReputationRep:
    I know this may be really difficult to believe, maybe even impossible but
    Islam isn't a race.

Stop using the word "Racist"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jee1)
    I bet just under 0.00000001% of Muslims wear Burkas in Germany
    That would imply not a single Muslim wears it...maybe you ought to learn some statistics?

Just to give you an idea, 1 out of the let's be generous and round up to 5m Muslims living in Germany is 0.0002% you are a facor of 10^-3 off of that.

But then again, anyone making such a statement, not much could be expected of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jee1)
    Well durhh still not many wear Burkas many Muslims are Turks in Germany and Turkey is a secular country
    Allowing for the fact that your statistic was piss poor, let us round up to the nearest whole number of women wearing it according to your estimate, 1.

When I was in Istanbul, while you are quite right that not all women wore it, I can assure that the number of women in burqas that I saw was at least 3 figures. And that in such a small country and in the more touristy areas. Think how that would scale up to the entire country. Although I am getting a feeling that thinking is not your forte.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jee1)
    For how long?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inhuman)
    That would imply not a single Muslim wears it...maybe you ought to learn some statistics?

Just to give you an idea, 1 out of the let's be generous and round up to 5m Muslims living in Germany is 0.0002% you are a facor of 10^-3 off of that.

But then again, anyone making such a statement, not much could be expected of them.
    This was my way of showing what a stupid idea it would be to ban something that not many practicing muslims wear anyway.
    If you had any brain cells you'd realize that the vast majority of Muslims in Germany come from Turkey originally and that country is known to be secular and it is HIGHLY likely that the Women will never wear Niqab or even wear head covers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    For how long?
    It was and always will be secular

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jee1)
    If you had any brain cells you'd realize that the vast majority of Muslims in Germany come from Turkey originally and that country is known to be secular and it is HIGHLY likely that the Women will never wear Niqab or even wear head covers
    Not anymore.
    Since last year, Germany has received more than a million immigrants from Syria, Iraq, Pakistan, Algeria, etc.

(Original post by Jee1)
    It was and always will be secular
    How can you be so sure?

ReputationRep:
    Who cares?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jee1)
    This was my way of showing what a stupid idea it would be to ban something that not many practicing muslims wear anyway.
    I think you have the wrong idea about Turkey.

http://www.welt.de/politik/deutschla...utschland.html

Turkish radicalization of Muslims led but DITIB and sponsored by Erdogan is the biggest threat to German society right now. And says a lot about a so-called "secular" country if its President uses the largest Muslim council in Germany to do his bidding and his propaganda.

ReputationRep:
    Who cares?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    LOL may Allah guide you you poor lost soul x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    May you be saved by a cow in your later life bebs x

So I am thinking about converting. You want to be one of my four wives?
    Only four???

Brother, have you been tainted by Christian values? I fear for your soul.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Only four???

Brother, have you been tainted by Christian values? I fear for your soul.
    I don't want to appear like I am joining for the wrong reasons

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea what it's supposed to mean.

I just googled it and it says it was termed by a former speech writer of George Bush jnr.

What is it supposed to mean? You have low expectations of a group of people or country, and these expectations stem from essentially racist prejudices? What if the expectations are true? Is it then still racist?

Idk I don't like this term.
    the "soft racism of low expectations" is an expression I like (even if coined by a George W Bush speechwriter)

it means something like "we should judge everyone and all social organisations by the same standards"

if you reason that "what else can you expect from Africans/Arabs/Chinese etc", that in fact you cannot expect from them democratic regimes and respect for human rights, and you should apply therefore more lenient standards when evaluating their performance in these areas, you are manifesting a "soft racism of low expectations"

it is an interesting concept

best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jee1)
    It (Turkey)was and always will be secular
    not with AKP and Erdogan in power

words like "always" and "never" should be used very sparingly in such discussions

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.