Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever watched a Bollywood movie? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternalflames)
    Love that video, they try and kill him at the end
    Sadly it's staged and that channel is one of the worst on Indian TV.
    Aw man what the hell I didn't know this. Why did they stage it? I heard he asked for a public apology from the producers

(I don't watch Indian TV but that video's super famous)

ReputationRep:
    If Slumdog Millionaire doesn't count, then this really **** one called Ra-one. That movie gave me a headache with the amount of plot holes it had

(Original post by Funnycatvideos)
    If Slumdog Millionaire doesn't count, then this really **** one called Ra-one. That movie gave me a headache with the amount of plot holes it had
    Lol I didn't like that film either. Try PK, 3 Idiots, Kapoor & Sons or Bajrangi Bhaijaan, they're good ones *\(^o^)/*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple)
    Aw man what the hell I didn't know this. Why did they stage it? I heard he asked for a public apology from the producers

(I don't watch Indian TV but that video's super famous)
    Yeah he did, and it was all a publicity stunt for the *****y show
    I mean look at this, what even is this?!

Skip to any random point, it's total rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, never seen a Bollywood film in my life. Too long, too implausible and too many songs -_-

Spoiler:
    Show

Been watching them religiously for about 12 years now and I love them immensely. I've appeared in 2 Bollywood films so far and met many celebrities. Hoping to keep it up as long as I can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asif007)
    Nah, never seen a Bollywood film in my life. Too long, too implausible and too many songs -_-

Spoiler:
    Show

Been watching them religiously for about 12 years now and I love them immensely. I've appeared in 2 Bollywood films so far and met many celebrities. Hoping to keep it up as long as I can.

Uve come in bollywood films? Which ones ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tasha_tah)
    Uve come in bollywood films? Which ones ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Shaandaar and Housefull 3. I was just a background dancer though - nothing major!

ReputationRep:
    Shaandaar and Housefull 3. I was just a background dancer though - nothing major!
    Oh I've watched shaandaar
    Lol there's so many background dancers I can't tell haha
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This legend has met Akshay Kumar and been in his movie........ Asif id literally say you have lived a great fulfilling life already lol!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dhanny)
    This legend has met Akshay Kumar and been in his movie........ Asif id literally say you have lived a great fulfilling life already lol!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha I was over the moon after I met Akshay, but 2 films isn't enough for me. I want to do more! And maybe one day if I meet Salman and SRK, I can die a happy man.

ReputationRep:
    Yes last watched MS Dhoni The Untold Story

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhairtransplant)
    Yes last watched MS Dhoni The Untold Story
    What did you think of it?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I have, but not one in a long time! Recorded 'Kapoor and Sons' on Rishtey Cineplex yesterday..might watch it!

Pakistani movies are better!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sulaimanali)
    Yeah I have, but not one in a long time! Recorded 'Kapoor and Sons' on Rishtey Cineplex yesterday..might watch it!

Pakistani movies are better!!
    Yes, watch Kapoor & Sons - highly recommended.

Pakistani movies are well-made and enjoyable, but Bollywood has a lot more variety and makes many more films than Pakistan.

ReputationRep:
    asif007 - Will surely watch.

True, but, Pakistani film industry is just starting to boom whereas Bollywood has been there for time. Pakistani movies have class though, as they are not as vulgar (bold) as Bollywood.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sulaimanali)
    asif007 - Will surely watch.

True, but, Pakistani film industry is just starting to boom whereas Bollywood has been there for time. Pakistani movies have class though, as they are not as vulgar (bold) as Bollywood.
    If you want to avoid vulgarity there's plenty of Hindi films you can check out too. They're not all "bold", lol.

I agree that Pakistani cinema is just starting out, but I prefer having more choice instead of settling for just 2 or 3 films a year. That's not enough for me!

ReputationRep:
    Nearly every other Bollywood film that is released has vulgarity. But yeah, I agree they're not all bold.

There's a few more than 2-3...this year many movies came out.

ReputationRep:
    asif007 ^

ReputationRep:
    What did you think of it?
    Its nice movie. Not too good

ReputationRep:
    Live on Bollywood! Watch so many movies! Live on the songs! Proper Asian living in UK lol!
    Favourite movies? Too many to count😂
    Love Bollywood, however there are some movies that r really ****/waste of time.
    Generally, really entertaining and yes love the Pakistani movies they r definitely moving in the right direction- Jawaani Phir Nahi Ani is one of the funniest movies I've watched in a long time

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.