Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I identify as bisexual with a preference towards women. I've never been with a man and the thought of being with one feels odd but I think that's more fear of the unknown rather than anything else because I have been attracted to men before. I guess we'll see in time! 😛

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ceilele)
    Pansexual is what I idenitify as (but in all honesty, I've no idea. But that's cool, imma go with the flow )
    So Bi?

Or are you attracted to Sauce Pans?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue n white army)
    So Bi?

That's not what it means

Take your judgement elsewhere thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A-LJLB)
    That's not what it means

Pansexual's are bisexuals who have come to realise that labelling yourself as bi is no longer edgy and out there so have to label it as something else to get attention.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A-LJLB)
    That's not what it means

Pansexual's are bisexuals who have come to realise that labelling yourself as bi is no longer edgy and out there so have to label it as something else to get attention.
    I never understood the difference between the two.
    My understanding is that pansexuality is bisexuality, but the emphasis is more on the person rather than their gender or masculine/feminine traits and for bisexuals the gender is taken into account more?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyle1198)
    I never understood the difference between the two.
    My understanding is that pansexuality is bisexuality, but the emphasis is more on the person rather than their gender or masculine/feminine traits and for bisexuals the gender is taken into account more?
    Basically the difference is they don't care whom a person identified themselves as, and it may not be as simple as male and female so pan sexuality is the attraction to any sex or gender

ReputationRep:
    Ah I see so pansexualtiy is the attraction to any of the two genders there are? And bisexuality is the attraction to either of the two genders there are?

ReputationRep:
    There is a difference between the two. Sexuality is fluid and gender is not binary. Yes there is male and female gender, which is typically associated with bisexuality and being attracted to 'two' genders. But people can be non-binary and not identify with either male or female. You can also be gender-fluid and the topic of gender and gender identity is a huge struggle for some people.I'm bisexual but I have many close friends that are pansexual and there is definitely a difference, not just in how we choose to identify ourselves. Some people view gender and sexuality differently to you or have a more in depth understanding and I'd really suggest trying to learn about that rather than come across as abrasive and belitting. This thread is not for people like you to cast judgement and say what's 'edgy' and 'attention-seeking'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OGFakiie)
    why are so many girls bi
    Because girls look better naked

ReputationRep:
    I'm gay, and I accept all other members of the LGBTQ community. The only issue that I really have with it is the whole "genderfluid" label that's been on the scene recently. I just think that it's ridiculous :-/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ella-keturah)
    Because girls look better naked
    Haha, lol, but there's more GIRLS that are bi because men can sometimes be afraid of something being up there.....well........yeah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamza772000)
    Haha, lol, but there's more GIRLS that are bi because men can sometimes be afraid of something being up there.....well........yeah
    Are you afraid?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Lawful T.J)
    Are you afraid?
    Erm.....maybe :innocent: leave me alonee

ReputationRep:
    So Bi?

bisexual = sexually attracted to both men and women.
    pansexual = not limited in sexual choice with regard to biological sex, gender, or gender identity.
    hope you're educated more now, all love x

ReputationRep:
    I am batman

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yasoob Shah)
    I am batman
    Never knew that was a "sexual orientation" :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ceilele)
    bisexual = sexually attracted to both men and women.
    pansexual = not limited in sexual choice with regard to biological sex, gender, or gender identity.
    hope you're educated more now, all love x
    But there are only two genders! male or female. What is this absolute nonsense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamza772000)
    never knew that was a "sexual orientation" :teehee:
    well now you do ;p

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yasoob Shah)
    well now you do ;p
    hmm......:holmes:

ReputationRep:
    But there are only two genders! male or female. What is this absolute nonsense.
    Go away.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.