Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you want out of life before the shows over? Watch

ReputationRep:
    my signature to become an autograph but right now everything seems like a huge mess
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Do as many sports as I can, sail around the world, live in the Caribbean/pacific, get more involved in politics and get a degree.

ReputationRep:
    be rich and party all the time.

ReputationRep:
    Travel, eat good food, wear good clothes, have a good family and social life, do some good to the people around me (even if it is little things), be a good influence on people and have a great career (Doctor and go into politics aswell)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Being famous would also be nice but optional

ReputationRep:
    My needs are almost entirely material.

I want a big garden. Topiaries, flower beds, gravel pathways, little benches with honeysuckle growing around them. A clear pool with a tiled floor and fountains leading down to a folly where I can eat breakfast, served by a butler. I want to be able to have a library with shelves so high I get to whiz around on a moving ladder (let's face it, why else would you have a library?), with a great big open fireplace, a leather armchair in front of it, a nice big rug and a drinks globe next to me so I can read Some Fruits of Solitude and get a bit pissed in the process with snugly toes. Maybe a cat or two as well. Apart from the staff, I want to be the only person in the house.

No wife or kids - I couldn't imagine anything worse than having to deal with that crap.

And in this lovely rural home, I of course want a good internet connection so I can write music for films in the studio I'd have built in the basement without too much hassle.*

Spoiler:
    Show
    Built today, it would probably end up in the £4-7m range as a build cost, then a £110,000/year upkeep. Gardener, butler, maid, £30,000/year each, plus another £20,000 on utilities, insurance, taxes etc. 1 big film and 3 or 4 smaller scale ones each year, and I should be able to afford it when I'm in my 30s, taking inflation and cost changes into account.

Well, you asked!**

ReputationRep:
    Oooh god too many things haha.

I would like to make a difference to people's lives, have a decent job (I want to teach eventually) and also I would like to raise a loving, caring family with good morals and respect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    an applause

ReputationRep:
    End up with an anti-ageing formula

ReputationRep:
    I want to spend the first half of my life making myself money in whatever line of work I choose to do. Once I'm financially set, I'd like to spend the second half of my life giving it all back as a philanthropist, hopefully making a difference for communities in need, the homeless and the sick. I'd also like to spend this time doing my hobbies (cricket, flying, reading) and being with family.

ReputationRep:
    To be happy. To eventually have a stimulating career that I like waking up on Mondays for. To earn enough so I can treat myself if and when I want to without saying 'I can't afford it'. To feel love for myself.

ReputationRep:
    I'm whatever Gotham needs me to be

ReputationRep:
    An amazing wife who loves and connects with me on a deep personal level, with 2 kids (quite like girls) in a detached house in a nice, small village somewhere. I'd also like to have a decent paid job so my family wouldn't have to face the same money stresses my parents have had to deal with.

ReputationRep:
    Knowledge, intelligence, the feeling of having worked hard and earned what I own. I'd like to travel as well, and live in different countries throughout my life. I want to learn many different languages and dress for business every day, I want to practically live in airports, I want to work hard!

Also some material things- a study, generously filled with books, a jazzy little apartment with a view over a city's skyline, a car people will take me seriously in, and to be able to go to the opera regularly... I'd like to live in a city, though, definitely nowhere even remotely considered rural. Been there, done that, yech. My top choices would be Berlin, New York, Paris, or maybe London, but I haven't traveled much yet, so maybe I'll find somewhere else I love. A boyfriend might be nice too, but only if I can balance my work right.

ReputationRep:
    Go to space imagine how much of a madness that would be uno

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sameerio)
    End up with an anti-ageing formula
    They made that already. Then hiked the price so nobody could afford it. Then FDA banned it.

ReputationRep:
    Allow me to rephrase the question. What does life need out of you? And the shows almost never over. It just replaces the people and fills it with a bunch of other characters. The world is a stage.

It jus keeps rollin baby.

ReputationRep:
    To see my kids well on their way in love and work.

Achieve immortality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khana123)
    Allow me to rephrase the question. What does life need out of you? And the shows almost never over. It just replaces the people and fills it with a bunch of other characters. The world is a stage.

It jus keeps rollin baby.
    It's over for each individual when they breathe their last, but yes another replaces them, but not in their individual unique life.

ReputationRep:
    "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country."

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.