Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Italy: 10,000 migrants rescued from Mediterranean in 48 hours Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RivalPlayer)
    You're in denial.
    can you explain your statement? most year 7s can do this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Shame we can't blockade the Italians, so long as free movement remains this is a problem for us all and the Italians cannot be permitted to carry on polluting the continent with the third world.
    (Original post by TheDailyMan)
    Its the swarm of the locusts
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    this will destroy our countries if we don't stop is soon and undo the damage already done.
    (Original post by The_Opinion)
    I often like many of your posts, so I know that you are not some libtard. However, you have to pick a side, you either pick up the boat people and destroy our civilisation, or you let them die, and save the civilisation.
    I think of it like this, how many people will die as a result of violence when Europe collapses and falls into a variety of civil wars / insurgencies, whatever the number will be, it will be a lot more than the number of people who would drown.
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Why is encouraging people to risk their lives in the name of economic migration just to live in squalor and erode European values a good thing?
    Oh my God.
    I'm interested in the topic as I'm Italian myself, but I couldn't make it past the first page. I didn't expect so much racism in so little space HERE, I'm used to see it on fascist pages, but I thought I'd find at least people who received an education.
    You're wishing death for billions of people because you don't want them to touch you! You hope they die because otherwise you may not be able to afford to go on holiday as much as you do now.
    I realize there must be some limit to migrations, but what you're writing here is the very reason why ISIS exists. If we (as the western world) keep on doing what we like with other people lives, letting them die at our front door or handing them to Turkey so Erdogan can kill them in our name, we're no different from ISIS. Actually, we're much worse, as we're killing many more than a few hundreds innocent lives every five or six months.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Brizio)
    Oh my God.
    I'm interested in the topic as I'm Italian myself, but I couldn't make it past the first page. I didn't expect so much racism in so little space HERE, I'm used to see it on fascist pages, but I thought I'd find at least people who received an education.
    You're wishing death for billions of people because you don't want them to touch you! You hope they die because otherwise you may not be able to afford to go on holiday as much as you do now.
    I realize there must be some limit to migrations, but what you're writing here is the very reason why ISIS exists. If we (as the western world) keep on doing what we like with other people lives, letting them die at our front door or handing them to Turkey so Erdogan can kill them in our name, we're no different from ISIS. Actually, we're much worse, as we're killing many more than a few hundreds innocent lives every five or six months.
    They are not going to die if they are forced to head to another safe country. Europe is not the only place without war.

(Original post by Rakas21)
    They are not going to die if they are forced to head to another safe country. Europe is not the only place without war.
    And to assume that Europe is the only place without war actually strikes me as pretty racist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alevelstresss)
    can you explain your statement? most year 7s can do this
    No point explaining anything to someone who simply responds with "that's racist" every time they read something that they don't agree wIth.

ReputationRep:
    . I didn't expect so much racism in so little space HERE,
    These statements are not necessarily racist.
    Cultural differences and lacks in education may cause same or worse problems than those assumed by racism. Andcultural problems are factual.

I wouldn't go as far. The ISIS would very much like too kill us all, If only they had power to do this.
    The West doesn't have any doctrine that prohibits these people from making their countries a good place to live. It used to steal resources, enslave, and kill people to assure it's domination, but it doesn't do it any longer.
    Surely the West did a lot of damage to Africa, but this doesn't explain all problems of this continent, neither the migration, and this Italian taxi service through Mediterranean will not repair it.
    What Italy is actually doing, is encouraging people to come to Europe, so then they are closed in camps, where they can't do anything with their lives, for years, or simply lets them to walk around the continent, though they stand no chance to find their places for living, at least not in such vast numbers.

What we should do, is to teach people around the world the rule that many Europeans follow: If we can't secure the future of our children, we don't have any.

North and East Africans = a race called 'Berbers' and Arabs.

He said people from these regions harbour poor integration

that is racist
    No it isn't. First of al, problems with integration are a fact.
    Secondly: the reason behind these problems is cultural not racial. People must share similar values and have compatible and complementary skills to create society.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PTMalewski)
    These statements are not necessarily racist.
    Cultural differences and lacks in education may cause same or worse problems than those assumed by racism. Andcultural problems are factual.

I wouldn't go as far. The ISIS would very much like too kill us all, If only they had power to do this.
    The West doesn't have any doctrine that prohibits these people from making their countries a good place to live. It used to steal resources, enslave, and kill people to assure it's domination, but it doesn't do it any longer.
    Surely the West did a lot of damage to Africa, but this doesn't explain all problems of this continent, neither the migration, and this Italian taxi service through Mediterranean will not repair it.
    What Italy is actually doing, is encouraging people to come to Europe, so then they are closed in camps, where they can't do anything with their lives, for years, or simply lets them to walk around the continent, though they stand no chance to find their places for living, at least not in such vast numbers.

What we should do, is to teach people around the world the rule that many Europeans follow: If we can't secure the future of our children, we don't have any.

No it isn't. First of al, problems with integration are a fact.
    Secondly: the reason behind these problems is cultural not racial. People must share similar values and have compatible and complementary skills to create society.
    If problems with integration are a 'fact', why can't you back it up with evidence?

You are likely under the impression that all of these immigrants are not integrating, the majority of them are, its just the right-wing press of this nation loves to talk about the tiny handful who aren't.

And they are racial, the hatred towards them is always because they are foreign. People cry about them causing problems, well our own natives commit the exact same problems at a more massive race.

ReputationRep:
    If problems with integration are a 'fact', why can't you back it up with evidence?
    I'm speaking from memory. No time to back up with evidence, though I can deliver some If you give me some time.
    Also, this is logically obvious: If Europeans with all sorts of education have problems with finding jobs, how an African who speaks English worse even than mine, or not at all, can stand a chance to find a job and integrate?

You are likely under the impression that all of these immigrants are not integrating, the majority of them are, its just the right-wing press of this nation loves to talk about the tiny handful who aren't.
    Maybe. At this numbers problems are extensive anyway though.

And they are racial, the hatred towards them is always because they are foreign. People cry about them causing problems, well our own natives commit the exact same problems at a more massive race.
    This doesn't yet mean racism. This may mean xenophobia and many other things.
    How do you expect me to trust your judgement If you can't perform simple classification properly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PTMalewski)
    I'm speaking from memory. No time to back up with evidence, though I can deliver some If you give me some time.
    Also, this is logically obvious: If Europeans with all sorts of education have problems with finding jobs, how an African who speaks English worse even than mine, or not at all, can stand a chance to find a job and integrate?

Maybe. At this numbers problems are extensive anyway though.

This doesn't yet mean racism. This may mean xenophobia and many other things.
    How do you expect me to trust your judgement If you can't perform simple classification properly?
    Big words from someone who is making assertive, bigoted assumptions 'from memory' without statistical evidence. It should be pretty easy to prove that the majority of immigrants aren't integrating, if its true.

ps - a daily mail headline about a specific, isolated case of immigrants not integrating doesn't constitute to a source that I will recognise

ReputationRep:

I presume you have hard evidence that the majority are integrating well, even though many have no foreign language skills and they have not been in Europe long? This flies in the face of past experience which is that mass migrants especially generally have a hard time integrating even if there is good will on both sides.

You are contradicting the recent evidence I am aware of:

http://www.spiegel.de/international/...-a-603588.html

http://www.debatingeurope.eu/2015/07.../#.V8214pgrKHs

http://www.coe.int/t/dg3/migration/a...gration_en.pdf

https://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/soc/i...ntegration.pdf

ReputationRep:
    Big words from someone who is making assertive, bigoted assumptions 'from memory' without statistical evidence. It should be pretty easy to prove that the majority of immigrants aren't integrating, if its true.
    Those locked up in camps or unemployed and under influence of radical salafite imams certainly don't. Though you maybe right about absolute majority, and I made a mistake assuming that African immigration is the same as Arabic. Give me a few days, I have to ask my former lecturers, it's hard to find statistical evidence ad hoc.

daily mail headline about a specific, isolated case of immigrants not integrating doesn't constitute to a source that I will recognise
    Correct. Newspapers are generally worthless as source of information, since they don't give references.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    I presume you have hard evidence that the majority are integrating well, even though many have no foreign language skills and they have not been in Europe long? This flies in the face of past experience which is that mass migrants especially generally have a hard time integrating even if there is good will on both sides.

You are contradicting the recent evidence I am aware of:

http://www.spiegel.de/international/...-a-603588.html

http://www.debatingeurope.eu/2015/07.../#.V8214pgrKHs

http://www.coe.int/t/dg3/migration/a...gration_en.pdf

https://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/soc/i...ntegration.pdf
    I suppose its easy to pretend you have the argument in your hand when you link a massive document and don't cite any particular statistics. I'm not trawling through those to find what you're talking about - especially when some of them are at least 10 years old.

They are integrating just fine, in general. But any problems with integration are not going to be at the fault of their 'backwards cultures' or different religions, any problems with integration will derive from them being discriminated against by the native population.

ReputationRep:
    I suppose its easy to pretend you have the argument in your hand when you link a massive document and don't cite any particular statistics. I'm not trawling through those to find what you're talking about - especially when some of them are at least 10 years old.

They are integrating just fine, in general. But any problems with integration are not going to be at the fault of their 'backwards cultures' or different religions, any problems with integration will derive from them being discriminated against by the native population.
    What nonsense! The first paragraph of my first link:

A new study has delivered a damning verdict on the integration of Germany's immigrants, concluding that an alarmingly high percentage of them live in a parallel world with poor prospects of a decent education and career advancement.

Its headline? Survey Shows Alarming Lack of Integration in Germany

That's a really massive document and a terrible problem searching for it, isn't it?

Meanwhile, you have provided no support whatever for your contention that all is well in Integration Gardens, have you? All you do is repeat an obviously specious claim, ad nauseam.

You are going to have to try a lot harder to keep whatever remaining shred of credibility you might have left.

ReputationRep:
    - especially when some of them are at least 10 years old.
    I doubt if national features change that quick.

But any problems with integration are not going to be at the fault of their 'backwards cultures' or different religions, any problems with integration will derive from them being discriminated against by the native population.
    Not any. Some. Just some.

ReputationRep:
    What nonsense! The first paragraph of my first link: A new study has delivered a damning verdict on the integration of Germany's immigrants, concluding that an alarmingly high percentage of them live in a parallel world with poor prospects of a decent education and career advancement. Its headline? Survey Shows Alarming Lack of Integration in Germany That's a really massive document and a terrible problem searching for it, isn't it? Meanwhile, you have provided no support whatever for your contention that all is well in Integration Gardens, have you? All you do is repeat an obviously specious claim, ad nauseam. You are going to have to try a lot harder to keep whatever remaining shred of credibility you might have left.
    Firstly, drop the childish attitude of criticising 'shreds of credibility' and 'try a lot harder'.

Secondly, your stupid source is from 2009. Not relevant to the ongoing migrant crisis, which is what I am talking about. Please re-evaluate your offensive attacks, when your own source use is laughably irrelevant to the 2016 situation, where the very dynamic of Islamic attitudes, integration and immigration have changed.

I am talking specifically about immigration due to the migrant crisis. It's dumb to say they aren't integrating when they have barely spent a few weeks/months in the country, and at most, approximately 1 year. And as I said earlier, friendlier countries encourage better integration - not the divisive, offensive attitudes that you people peddle. So stop blaming 'backwards cultures' or 'dangerous ideologies', and realise that the discrimination deriving from the natives who hate immigrants is actually a key factor in this issue.

ReputationRep:
    It's dumb to say they aren't integrating when they have barely spent a few weeks/months in the country
    It's rather more stupid to say they are integrating when that integration takes years to achieve. You just aren't thinking it through.

ReputationRep:
    It's rather more stupid to say they are integrating when that integration takes years to achieve. You just aren't thinking it through.
    Oh deary me. Integration is a continuous thing. Perhaps they haven't 'fully integrated' yet, but they are in the process of doing it. They are, right now, integrating. They haven't fully 'integrated' just yet though in most cases. It took years for this to happen with immigrants to Britain in the 1950s and 60s. So whinging about them not integrating is unwarranted.

And I see you've chosen to avoid the rest of my post, probably out of embarrassment for insulting my credibility when you used a source that was completely irrelevant.

Don't reply to me in future.

ReputationRep:
    Oh deary me. Integration is a continuous thing. Perhaps they haven't 'fully integrated' yet, but they are in the process of doing it. They are, right now, integrating. They haven't fully 'integrated' just yet though in most cases. It took years for this to happen with immigrants to Britain in the 1950s and 60s. So whinging about them not integrating is unwarranted.

And I see you've chosen to avoid the rest of my post, probably out of embarrassment for insulting my credibility when you used a source that was completely irrelevant.

Don't reply to me in future.
    No. I am embarrassed that your concentration span does not encompass my other links because they are, apparently, too long or complicated and because you still haven't provided any evidence to support your own contentions, even though you place so much evidence of supporting evidence in others.

Most of all, I am embarrassed that someone would claim such integration success so early when all the evidence for similar migrations (as my links show) is that this is u likely to be the case.

ReputationRep:
    No. I am embarrassed that your concentration span does not encompass my other links because they are, apparently, too long or complicated and because you still haven't provided any evidence to support your own contentions, even though you place so much evidence of supporting evidence in others.

Most of all, I am embarrassed that someone would claim such integration success so early when all the evidence for similar migrations (as my links show) is that this is u likely to be the case.
    Its beyond me why you expect me to trawl through 10+ year old sources which are irrelevant to the topic of the thread. And my point was originally in response to the person claiming they weren't integrating, I simply disputed it. But apparently I'm the one who needs to prove it, probably because of my tolerant agenda.

I don't expect a respnse.

ReputationRep:
    What nonsense! The first paragraph of my first link:

You are going to have to try a lot harder to keep whatever remaining shred of credibility you might have left.
    Any shred that he once had has long gone.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 12, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.