TV Licensing loophole for students... watch

Announcements
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Another)
    If I wanted to watch old shows on BBC iPlayer (say, a week old) - Do I still need a license?

I currently use my TV for Amazon Prime/YouTube. I don't have freeview channels, because I don't have an aerial. No license needed right? (Not like I've ever had one of these guys at my house, but still!)
    You would indeed need a tv license. It covers anything and everything on the iPlayer. You stuck to just using it for Amazon Prime/Youtube, you wouldn't.

(Original post by somevirtualguy)
    So as long as my parents have a TV license and I only stream live things on my laptop when it's not on charge, I'm perfectly fine?
    Indeed you would be

ReputationRep:
    Or just dont pay it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnGG8SEYDoQ

ReputationRep:
    I've read somewhere that soon they're going to have vans that sniff for packets across wifi to tell whether your wathching on demand tv by wifi

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.