UCL applicants for 2017 entry

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Applying for economics
    GCSE's - 1A* 7A 3B(RS,German,IT) 1C(geog)

AS-AAAC (maths chemistry psychology physics respectively)

A2 prediction- A*AA- A* in maths

Hoping to apply to UCL, UCL(with a year abroad), Warwick, St Andrews, Manchester

Extra curriculars-

raised over £900 for charity

Play football weekly and go to the gym 5 times a week

Read the undercover economist and freakonomics- need to read some more books any suggestions?

Play chess - hoping to link that to game theory

Volunteered for 2 months helping disabled children

Attended an economics taster day

Also anymore relevant EC's you'd recommend?

Be brutally honest do I have a chance at UCL/Warwick?

I've also decided if I don't get into UCL/Warwick I'm going to reapply next year

Also any tips for making my Personal Statement stand out?

Sorry for the long post 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carolinehj)
    I requested to join

Applying for natural sciences

A levels: Maths, further Maths, physics, chemistry
    AS Grades: AAAA

A2 Predicted: A*A*A*A*

Gcses: 10A*s 1A
    same, are you applying to Cambridge as well?

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to apply for Maths and Physics at UCL (same course at Exeter, Bristol and theoretical physics + applied maths at Birmingham) and then NatSci at Cambridge

I'm a french student and am predicted the equivalent of A*A*A- A*A*A* (around 17,5/20 in the french bac) . I requested to join the fb group
    Should be sending my application next week, personal statement done just waiting for my reference to be ready.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i want to apply to UCL to study pharmacy, i was just wondering if UCL gives offers after or before interviews?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanaan999)
    Applying for economics
    GCSE's - 1A* 7A 3B(RS,German,IT) 1C(geog)

AS-AAAC (maths chemistry psychology physics respectively)

A2 prediction- A*AA- A* in maths

Hoping to apply to UCL, UCL(with a year abroad), Warwick, St Andrews, Manchester

Extra curriculars-

raised over £900 for charity

Play football weekly and go to the gym 5 times a week

Read the undercover economist and freakonomics- need to read some more books any suggestions?

Play chess - hoping to link that to game theory

Volunteered for 2 months helping disabled children

Attended an economics taster day

Also anymore relevant EC's you'd recommend?

Be brutally honest do I have a chance at UCL/Warwick?

I've also decided if I don't get into UCL/Warwick I'm going to reapply next year

Also any tips for making my Personal Statement stand out?

Sorry for the long post 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

hey kid, i'm also applying for the same thing as you. do you go to a grammar/private or state school? we should be friends maybe?

ReputationRep:
    Friendly reminder to join the UCL Applicants (2017 entry) Facebook group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/346004315745562/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rahavi9)
    Hi, i want to apply to UCL to study pharmacy, i was just wondering if UCL gives offers after or before interviews?
    Erm as far as I know, last year they started interviewing applicants again (since they stopped for 2 years previously) and only after that, they send offers, but I've heard the interview is pretty chilled....not sure about your intake tho, although will most probs be the same but can call them up to double check!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k.russell)
    same, are you applying to Cambridge as well?
    No was going to, would have applied to Catz.

ReputationRep:
    No was going to, would have applied to Catz.
    How comes you've decided against it? Does that make UCL your first choice then?

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to apply for Computer Science at UCL. I'm Scottish so our exam system is a little different, there's no A*s.

National 5: 7As, 1B
    Higher: 6As (Maths, English, Computer Science, Physics, Chemistry, Music)
    Advanced Higher: Predicted 4As (Maths, Applied Maths, Physics, Computer Science)

I sat an extra higher to try and increase my chances of getting an offer and same with the advanced highers.
    Anyone know if I'm likely to get an offer?

ReputationRep:

Perhaps her predictions weren't up to scratch?

ReputationRep:
    No Durham is I don't think it's for me, I'm a pretty chill gal and I think it would be way too intense for me.

ReputationRep:
    No Durham is I don't think it's for me, I'm a pretty chill gal and I think it would be way too intense for me.
    really, I am applying to Durham but I'm just not sure. It seems a bit preppy and stuff, you will deffo get an offer though I think

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if there were adjustments for either Chemistry or Chemical Engineering before?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samantham999)
    I'm not sure if in my references my teachers will write that a death in the family is a special circumstance

I'm resitting 10 exams in total (2 eco, 2 history & 6 maths)

For history realistically, I think i will achieve an A, I just resat the coursework and got 75/80ums and if I get even a low A in unit 1 then for the other exam I only need a C to get a overall A
    for maths I have a tutor, I'm completing it in 1 year froms scratch, I've finished chapter 5 in c1 finding it fine

I just feel I have 0% chance for UCL, I'm predicted BBB but I am sure I will exceed this

I am unsure to apply to UCL because I don't think they will even look at my application & yes I want to go to UCL starting Sept 2017
    I'm not sure if in my references my teachers will write that a death in the family is a special circumstance

I'm resitting 10 exams in total (2 eco, 2 history & 6 maths)

For history realistically, I think i will achieve an A, I just resat the coursework and got 75/80ums and if I get even a low A in unit 1 then for the other exam I only need a C to get a overall A
    for maths I have a tutor, I'm completing it in 1 year froms scratch, I've finished chapter 5 in c1 finding it fine

I just feel I have 0% chance for UCL, I'm predicted BBB but I am sure I will exceed this

I am unsure to apply to UCL because I don't think they will even look at my application & yes I want to go to UCL starting Sept 2017
    Hi, I think you should call up UCL and talk to them. Also ask your teachers to predict you a higher grade. I think you should apply to any course at UCL because if you don't apply to UCL I think it is harder to get an offer on clearning. My cousin had the same problem , she had the grades but she didn't apply to UCL in the first place so she wasn't able to get any offer on clearance. Most courses will be available on clearing so don't lose hope.

ReputationRep:
    Guys I have sent my application 2 days ago but have not received any acknowledgments !!! Did you?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much, I will hopefully be predicted AAA, plus i'm doing AEA maths and have a lot of EC
    I emailed UCL and they said My gcse's are good and that I should apply because its very unlikely any economics course will be in adjustment

I think i may apply for economics & business, its a strong degree and I think i will really enjoy it

good luck to you what are you applying for?
    p.s did your sister resit a2? x
    No my cousin just carried on with her original course she applied to at a different university. Also what is AEA maths, sorry I don't know what it is. I'm applying to pharmacy, I originally wanted to apply to medicine but now I'm applying to pharmacy. Thank you. Good luck to you too. I really want to go to UCL as it is such a good university. Hopefully I get into pharmacy. And you will get into your course too, don't worry.

ReputationRep:
    AEA maths is advance maths, its similar to STEP but it just shows your commitment to developing higher maths skills which are vital in economics as economics degrees are VERY maths based
    good luck to you! i hope we do, ucl is amazing its very high and internationally too
    AEA maths is advance maths, its similar to STEP but it just shows your commitment to developing higher maths skills which are vital in economics as economics degrees are VERY maths based
    good luck to you! i hope we do, ucl is amazing its very high and internationally too

Oh okay. So what subjects do you do? If you don't mind me asking what grades did you get in each individual subject.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rahavi9)
    Oh okay. So what subjects do you do? If you don't mind me asking what grades did you get in each individual subject.
    maths, eco, sociology & english

I am doing the entire maths a level this year and I am resitting 2 units of socio and 2 units of eco

I got CCC (eco, socio & english)
    a close family member passed away in may so it was very difficult for me

ReputationRep:
    maths, eco, sociology & english

I am doing the entire maths a level this year and I am resitting 2 units of socio and 2 units of eco

I got CCC (eco, socio & english)
    a close family member passed away in may so it was very difficult for me
    Oh sorry to hear that. Tell your school to write about this in your reference so the university knows the reason why couldn't put in your full potential. An entire maths a level, are you doing edexcel? The same thing happened during my AS, so 2 weeks before my exam was to start so I was so disturbed.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.