The Student Room Group

I find it ridiculous when people talk down on religion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by I am Kira
Lol mate I was referring to the guy mocking me caused he didn't agree with him
And yes I do think we shouldn't mock the PEOPLE following a religion but rather the religion itself
All this hatred targets the wrong thing and solves nothing
Do you think you're going to convert religious people to athiesm by calling them idiots who believe in fairy tales?
Never in a million years
Why should we never mock the people in any situation? Nobody expects die hard religious people to convert through mockery, it's a lost cause. They expect the undecided to see religion for what it is and if you look at the statistics (in the western world at least) atheism is proportionally on the rise. In a million years lol, not even a million years, but in the next century.
Original post by ngel4u
1) i have no problem with anyone who believes in God, for i am a believer in God. so you make no sense.
2) i have pity on atheists who mock people who believe in God, for all we see is someone lost who rejected God, someone who is just following his/her path-fulfilling the prophecy made concerning their particular behaiviour.
3)A mocking atheist just makes believers to believe MORE in God. (hope you get my gist)

no point telling athiests to not mock believers.

p.s if you had read my message properly, you would have realised that the "ignorant people lacking enlightment" i spoke about were atheists.
Ah it's a shame Christopher Hitchens is no longer here to smite people like you.
Reply 102
Original post by Terry Tibbs
Ah it's a shame Christopher Hitchens is no longer here to smite people like you.

you are one funny specimen of a humanbeing
Original post by ngel4u
you are one funny specimen of a humanbeing
It's great having you here as a perfect example of someone who needs mockery.
Reply 104
Yeah real talk because everybody believes in something religion, UFO's, aliens, ghosts, magic, conspiracy theories etc
Reply 105
It's great having you here as a perfect example of someone who needs mockery.

lol. Please DONTTT mock me -tearsfall- I WILL CRY IN MY SLEEPTONIGHT IF I AM MOCKED....it will hurt so bad that i shall forsake christ...FOREVER. -sniffles-

are you an elementary school kid or what? please be my guest, entertain me by expending your precious time on the internet to "mock" some random person who you will never have influence over or ever meet.

"the stupidity baffles me"
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ngel4u
lol. Please DONTTT mock me -tearsfall- I WILL CRY IN MY SLEEPTONIGHT IF I AM MOCKED....it will hurt so bad that i shall forsake christ.... lmao

are you an elementary school kid or what? please be my guest, entertain me by expending your precious time on the internet to "mock" some random person who you will never have influence over or ever meet.

"the stupidity baffles me"
I don't know who's in elementary school, maybe people that come up with phrases like "funny specimen of a humanbeing" who's grammar and punctuation are that of an elementary school kid, maybe.

Also weren't you mocking atheists earlier? Oh yeah you were:
Original post by ngel4u
That's just the disgusting case with humanity today- the absolutely ignorant people who lack enlightenment -brainwashed by the society that has been sensitizing the new milenium generation with absolute demonizing Godless rubbish, chose to sit on their asses daily, feeding on their plate of maggot-infested YOLO-rihanna-beyonce-idolworshipping stupidity and absolutely HATE when someone tells them they have been eating maggots all their life. Its sad but these people will feed that same maggot to their children and so on. Never-ending cycle of insanity.

“The moment you start arguing with an ignorant fool, you have already lost.”

But i do understand why atheists chose to remain in their darkness.
Religion has been hijacked from the beginning of civilization for mass domination/control purposes
1) roman-catholicism is the epitome of end of days false prophetism- the leaders are so rich that their faeces do not stink i guess, thats why some humanpigs "BOW DOWN" to the POPE.
2) islam
3) "highly emphasized" white jesus
4) world's ****ed up by religious wars
5) protestant churches (especially african pastors) making money off poor "miracle-seeking" people in the name of "tithe & offering" myass

if i did not have a close encounter with jesus's mercy, i would be a strongminded athiest by now. i mean look at the state of this world, its gone to hell. But all is not lost. I do not believe in christianity as a religion. I believe in sharing a personal relationship with the saviour.
God bless.
Can't think why you'd waste your precious time mocking people here, tut tut.
Reply 107
I don't know who's in elementary school, maybe people that come up with phrases like "funny specimen of a humanbeing" who's grammar and punctuation are that of an elementary school kid, maybe.

Also weren't you mocking atheists earlier? Oh yeah you were:
Can't think why you'd waste your precious time mocking people here, tut tut.

i was not mocking, i was educating the original poster on the basic knowledge of atheists who mock people and the theory of religion as a tool.

p.s only losers with nothing valid to say reply concerning grammars :smile: c'mon its the 21st century, i thought people would have learnt by now..
Anyway, because ignorant fools will always remain as such, i shall cease to reply to this conversation.

Remain blessed.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mcneill98
Why would someone in their sane mind identify as a religion that is openly against things as natural and human as sexuality, contraception etc. and until recently has supported slavery and persecution of non-believers ?

This is exactly what I'm saying. Generalisation. Just because certain members of a religion act in a certain way or believe a certain thing doesn't mean they all do.
It all comes down to the nature of people themselves.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mliela
This is exactly what I'm saying. Generalisation. Just because certain members of a religion act in a certain way or believe a certain thing doesn't mean they all do.
It all comes down to the nature of people themselves.

Posted from TSR Mobile

These teachings are written in the sacred texts and held as true by many main religious bodies. Why identify as this if you do not belief what they preach ?
Original post by Retired_Messiah
I mean, that's all well and good but so is the University of Dundee. Being registered as a charity doesn't necessarily entail actually being charitable.

Sorry I'm not trying to go off on you, but use your common sense. There has to be an element of profit in order to re-invest into the Charity for it to carry on its work. Where people should get worried is how much of that money actually goes towards the cause, and a lot of money gets lost in tax and doesn't go to the work they do which is why charities get tax breaks.

And yes, being registered as a charity actually does entail them to be charitable since it states in The UK Charities Act 2006 that charities are established for charitable purposes only. This may include work in the field of poverty, education (UoD) and religion (that also ties in with poverty) as well as other sub-categorised charitable causes like work with the elderly. So the UoD's charitable cause is education and they may get funded differently than other unis not registered as charities.

Any group in breach of that would be stripped of their registration. The church has been recognised as a charity for years, so if it wasn't charitable, you'd think they'd be stripped of that by now???
Original post by Mathemagicien
I agree. It really hurts me when ignorant atheists mock my belief in the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Ramen to that my friend *
Original post by mcneill98
These teachings are written in the sacred texts and held as true by many main religious bodies. Why identify as this if you do not belief what they preach ?

So you tell me where in these texts it directly tells people to kill and harm others as they do. Or to indoctrinate people in certain ways. Religion is always subjective. It depends on how people translate teachings to their lives.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 113
Original post by I am Kira
Lol you alright JP? It's me maths boy:p:mmm:

Wow. Nice disguise.

Quick Reply

Latest