Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My dad found me on tinder help help help Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinkberry_y)
    That's the thing I don't want to tell my mum he's on there because then she'll find out I'm on there and have a fit. She thinks it's dangerous to be talking to randomers on a dating app and that they'll come and find me and rape me. She's so paranoid about online stuff it's actually really bad
    Just say your friend found it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It seems like one of those stories you'd tell for attention. I didnt believe it was real and I'm glad someone else is agreeing with this. However, if I am wrong....I accept this and apologise. I say this because there is a 90% chance of me not being wrong
    (Original post by Popsiclez)
    I feel as though this isn't authentic too it also doesn't help the OP completely blanking all of our replies questioning that, making me feel as though we're right.
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yep and when she replies its always dogding the actual question.
    The reason why I 'blanked' your replies is because I didn't have anything to prove to you or have to explain myself to people I've never met before who think I'm taking the p*** here. I posted here for advice as I didn't know who else to talk about this to, as I said before. I don't feel comfortable talking about this to my friends irl and I'm an only child so don't have siblings I can share the problem with

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    John are you mad at me lol
    No, why should i be??

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, I read your dad is crap with technology that he asks you how to that on his iPhone, if that's the case then most probably he didn't install Tinder in his phone, so there's two possiblities, either someone is using your dad's pictures or your dad is maybe using it on his computer and a friend may helped him to create the whole account.
    There's many other possibilities, he's maybe stalking your page to see what his daughter is up to since you're the only child and he's being overly protective or he wants to cheat on your mother

If I were in your shoes, I would wait, see what happens next, watch his behaviour with your mom, did he generally become happier, if you notice he's cheating on your mom, you can either save the marriage and not tell although i think your mom will eventually find out, or tell your mom.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No-one's said the obvious yet. Gather more intel, look at his phone. Knowledge is power.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    No, why should i be??
    Because remember that time where I stole your quavers and you got upset?

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    what lol?!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saladays)
    Time to create a fake profile, match with him, talk to him and blackmail a new laptop out of him with screenshots.
    this girl gets things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davalla)
    Which way did he swipe?
    (Original post by ELVsLP)
    'I won't tell mum about you if you don't tell mum about me'
    (Original post by Imam of Haram)
    ''I'll be having the tart for dessert''
    Savage.

https://media.giphy.com/media/9rWmUuwkNQvra/giphy.gif
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    The reason why I 'blanked' your replies is because I didn't have anything to prove to you or have to explain myself to people I've never met before who think I'm taking the p*** here. I posted here for advice as I didn't know who else to talk about this to, as I said before. I don't feel comfortable talking about this to my friends irl and I'm an only child so don't have siblings I can share the problem with
    I'm surprised you're not shocked that we would suggest such a thing. P.S. I take it you weren't aware that CT know?

(Original post by 04MR17)
    I'm surprised you're not shocked that we would suggest such a thing. P.S. I take it you weren't aware that CT know?
    Attention seeking is catchy :boring: :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Wrong person, I'm going into second year of uni. However I have answered on GCSE threads in the past if someone needed advice on GCSEs/ their results
    Oh sorry for the misunderstanding

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You could use it to your advantage? Blackmail him to give you anything - thats only if you want to lol

ReputationRep:
    What's weird about this thread is you seemed more concerned about the perception your parents would have of you being on a dating app rather than the potential big issue that your dad could be having an affair....

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it's the only way he can get her Mom's attention.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    What do I do? I'm so embarrassed I can't even face him right now. He's downstairs right now
    Your age limit is set a tad high.......

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Lol, your first reaction shouldn't have been 'Oh no, my Dad saw me on Tinder', it should have been 'Why the f**k is my Dad on Tinder!'.

ReputationRep:
    Call for a family meeting.
    Things like this are always best discussed around a table.

ReputationRep:
    What do I do? I'm so embarrassed I can't even face him right now. He's downstairs right now
    LISTEN TO ME LMAO

MAKE SURE your story is STRAIGHT and get a friend in on it.
    Say it was your friend who made it as a prank to see how many people would match you using your picture and details and that it wasn't really used for what it actually is used for...

Do NOT confess lmao it will make things AWKWARD as ****...

Instead try and turn the tables and say what were YOU doing on tinder (laughingly and as a joke but try and actually get a response if you wonna lmao)

Ima say no problem it's my pleasure helping you in advance aha

Kolia

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 6, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.