The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
chrissyb
Law, hmmm i wanted to do that first, but desided against it and chose Archeaology

I wanted to do allsorts first, but picked law caus it sounded good. but the more i get into it, the more i get to argue, which is always good. Especially when its about important things.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 101
i like to argue in general anyway :smile:

hence why id make a bloody good lawyer
Reply 102
what put you off it ?

It's quite good that we've invaded about 4 threads with our own private little conversation like.
Reply 103
i know it is lol, well where northeners we invade anything we can get out grubby little hands on, its in our DNA, the strand which says INVASION, hence why boro n geordie fans kick hell out of other football fans at footy games, its in our blood :tongue:

what put me off it was the fact i didnt want to be stuck behind a desk all my life i want to travel and see the world, and do something constructive
Reply 104
you've got a point there like. but if it's a nice mahoganny (sp?) desk with a large expense account next to it, i can deal with desks. Plus! I like chatting to living clients, not dead ones!
Reply 105
Heya shilling

glad i'm not the only freak out there

what course/college are you...sorry can't be bothered to scroll back through a dozen pages and hunt out your questionnaire.
Reply 106
AliceAS
Heya shilling

glad i'm not the only freak out there

what course/college are you...sorry can't be bothered to scroll back through a dozen pages and hunt out your questionnaire.

St. Mary's and English lit. .....I can't wait!!! (but am getting more and more apprehensive as well...how about you?)
Reply 107
i was supposed to go to st marys last year but I hated the open day so i backed out at the last minute and took a gap year and reapplied to hildbede (st marys had been my insurance offer and chosen in a bit of a rush). As i don't have a level results to worry about i'm still feeling quite chilled. Actually i'll be glad to get to uni as I am so bored at home. I just returned from three months travelling and am now pottering about the house, occassionally helping my dad (he works from home)-not exactly riveting!
Reply 108
isn't st mary's going co-ed? it was the all girls thing that put me off. I like being in a male dominated environment and thought I would feel rather suffocated at st marys. Spent my gap year working for a builder's firm and was the only girl in an office of about 50 men which i really enjoyed.
men are very useful but i need women too, esp to talk about men (and b4 sumone sais homosexual men will do my mates seem to like smart men, i like scruffy 'real' men!).

There will be men on your course at any rate, and theres always Klute to pick one up!
I did consider Mary's coz' girls are easier to live with (no offense guys)... but Johns was too irresistable.
Reply 111
if you read my post above you'll see i'm not goin to mary's. that was where i applied last year but then didn't go. i'm going to hildbede which should be really cool. the openday was brilliant
Reply 112
AliceAS
isn't st mary's going co-ed? it was the all girls thing that put me off. I like being in a male dominated environment and thought I would feel rather suffocated at st marys. Spent my gap year working for a builder's firm and was the only girl in an office of about 50 men which i really enjoyed.

bet they enjoyed it too lol :biggrin:
Reply 113
i made them lots of cakes to keep them well fed and reorganised their filing system. they were all fairly old geezers (the youngest was 21 but the majority were in their thirties to sixties)...the first time i went on a site visit one of the bricklayers wolfwhistled at me and yelled out 'what's your name darling' he didn't notice my boss right behind me who went beserk at him and yelled back that i was miss ambrose-smith to him! they were all fairly protective which was quite sweet
Reply 114
that showed him! bet the cakes made him feel better though.
Reply 115
nahh, the guys on site didn't get my cakes, just my chaps in the office. they used to fight over the fairy cakes with hundreeds and thousands on! bless
Reply 116
AliceAS
nahh, the guys on site didn't get my cakes, just my chaps in the office. they used to fight over the fairy cakes with hundreeds and thousands on! bless

suppose cake maker is better than "tea-boy" or "tea-girl"
Reply 117
i was 'junior quantity surveyor' and didn't hav to make the tea...well i made it once, but they didn't ask me to do it again, stange that...can't think why
Reply 118
shilling
St. Mary's and English lit. .....I can't wait!!! (but am getting more and more apprehensive as well...how about you?)

At least you know your going! :biggrin:
Reply 119
Lydiamonds
men are very useful but i need women too, esp to talk about men (and b4 sumone sais homosexual men will do my mates seem to like smart men, i like scruffy 'real' men!).

There will be men on your course at any rate, and theres always Klute to pick one up!

Can you be smart and scruffy? I seem to manage that fairly well. :biggrin:

Although what you will pick up in Klute... who knows! :eek:

Latest