Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

When will the religious people realize there is NO afterlife ?

ReputationRep:
    absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

that quote is relevant for evidence of the afterlife to evidence of the graviton (particle that mediates the force of gravity).

ReputationRep:
    Trapz99 Applepiex3

I dont have time right now to reply, but I promise I will later, so until then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aaliyah Saleh)
    just do this go on google and type " things written in the quaran that science knew after" just do it and then come back after you read a few articles
    The Quran contains no impressive science at all, all of its so-called miracles have been thoroughly debunked on TSR and elsewhere. It also contains loads of scientific errors. Your holy book is no more special or impressive than any other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JRKinder)
    Trapz99 Applepiex3

I dont have time right now to reply, but I promise I will later, so until then
    Its okay dude, no worries! I pretty much only slept 3 hours last night so my head hurts like crazy I feel like I am making no sense half of the time LOL and everyone is ganging up on me?! Like what do I know

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, how in the world does EVERY religious thread end up with a debate on Islam, a mention of isis, something about muhammed being a pedophile, the mention of sex slaves?

Smh, seriously be more original tsr :rolleyes:

Also there are more religions in this world that also believe in souls/ afterlives/ God etc. Why don't we discuss some of those (maturely)? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Also, there are so many things we could talk about on this topic, like people who claim to have had spiritual experiences or seen their past lives etc but nooooooooooooo lets just bash Islam constantly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    The definition of autistic rage

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You made me laugh and spit my drink all over my laptop smh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaredofdeath)
    They are already here.
    Look at what "habeeba" wrote.
    What "habeeba" doesn't understand is that she is not going to heaven to have a BBQ with allah the arab forever , she ( more accurately , her decomposed body and later skeleton is going to rot in the ground forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sorry, have you died? How do you know what's happened lmao, stop trying to impose your so-called facts on to others when you have no evidence- the same goes to those who try to force their ideas of heaven/hell into others ears. Jeez.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _wsburn)

that quote is relevant for evidence of the afterlife to evidence of the graviton (particle that mediates the force of gravity).
    This is an argument of ignorance, a fallacy in informal logic. It asserts that a proposition is true because it has not yet been proven false. This represents type a type of false dichotomy as it excludes a third possible option. This third option is that, there is insufficient information to prove your proposition, hence it is considered false. By using these arguments, all theists are trying to do is shift the burden on proof which lies on them asa they are the ones initially proposing the existence of an afterlife and/or soul.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _wsburn)

This is an argument of ignorance, a fallacy in informal logic. It asserts that a proposition is true because it has not yet been proven false. This represents type a type of false dichotomy as it excludes a third possible option. This third option is that there is insufficient information to prove your proposition, hence it is considered false. By using these arguments, all theists are trying to do is shift the burden of proof which lies on them as they are the ones initially proposing the existence of an afterlife and/or soul.

ReputationRep:
    so there's two ways to go about this.....either we live and die and that's it or we live and live and live and tbh both are just as possible as eachother. Yes maybe we make up religion to give ourselves some hope so we don't live with fear and maybe life is really a test and it's all about believing enough to have a belief. I mean do you see air? No right? but it's still there . It still exists around us whether or not it is visible to the human eye. Now do you see God? No? but if air cannot be seen but in existent what's different when it comes to God? (Hold the hate - I ain't even religious...more curious tbh). You could then argue and say that i can't see a flying elephant ...just bc of the air situation i'm not gonna believe in flying elephants and true that is. Yes, maybe God doesn't exist and maybe there's no life after death and nothing happens but if nothing happens what's the harm in believing? Maybe you'll hope will die but you'll die before you get dissapointed right?

Basically, believing in God and/or life after death doesn't in reality do any harm and therefore no-one should have a problem in religious people and their beliefs -.-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahaitsme)
    so there's two ways to go about this.....either we live and die and that's it or we live and live and live and tbh both are just as possible as eachother. Yes maybe we make up religion to give ourselves some hope so we don't live with fear and maybe life is really a test and it's all about believing enough to have a belief. I mean do you see air? No right? but it's still there . It still exists around us whether or not it is visible to the human eye. Now do you see God? No? but if air cannot be seen but in existent what's different when it comes to God? (Hold the hate - I ain't even religious...more curious tbh). You could then argue and say that i can't see a flying elephant ...just bc of the air situation i'm not gonna believe in flying elephants and true that is. Yes, maybe God doesn't exist and maybe there's no life after death and nothing happens but if nothing happens what's the harm in believing? Maybe you'll hope will die but you'll die before you get dissapointed right?

Basically, believing in God and/or life after death doesn't in reality do any harm and therefore no-one should have a problem in religious people and their beliefs -.-

"I mean do you see air? No right? but it's still there . It still exists around us whether or not it is visible to the human eye. Now do you see God? No? but if air cannot be seen but in existent what's different when it comes to God? (Hold the hate - I ain't even religious...more curious tbh)"

Just because we cannot see something like Air and we cannot see god does not put the on the same level.

We have a large amount of evidence that air exists and we clearly feel the effects of air as we are breathing, trees are swaying there is a breeze.

God not so much we have very very little evidence for him.

I mean you cannot see magnetism but you can see its effects.

ReputationRep:
    I did refer to that possibility uno 👀

(Original post by Habeebah)
    you'll be saying this when you're burning in hell too 😊😊😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
    With due respect, the irony is that no Muslim even knows their destination. This ill notion of simply reciting the shahadah and then despite their sins, they are confident in their abode in paradise is a great misfortune.

I am not saying you are of these people but be careful that such comments can often be affiliated with hubris, which obviously is looked down upon in this religion.

See Quran 12:101

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    No, it was not based on evidence so it was a belief. As soon as people started looking at things logically, and testing their hypotheses through observation and experiment (ancient Greeks), they soon realised, around 2,500 years ago, that the world was a sphere. Eratosthenes even calculated the earth's circumference over 2000 years ago. It is a myth that science thought the earth was flat.
    Fair enough "science" may not have been the right word to use right there. But th may things that we used to believe as fact that we now know are not. Science is not infallible either. Many many scientific discoveries have been disproven later- it's how science evolves. In the 20th century scientists believed that the earth was constantly expanding. If people had all accepted that as undeniable fact then we would never have looked into it further and never discovered what we now know about plate techtonics.
    Your facts are based on your knowledge of other things and your ability to test. Back before we knew the earth wasn't flat the best way people could test it was to look. Later somebody came a long with new ways to test things and that's when things changed. People probably still tested it before just not in a way we would see as counting.

ReputationRep:
    It ticks me off.
    Religion is bullcrap!
    Yes, our ancestors were apes. Just look at evolution, it's the only plausible theory.
    Just think about it for a second, sure, God could exist. But Heaven and/or Hell?
    That's just stupid.

(Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    Honestly, how in the world does EVERY religious thread end up with a debate on Islam, a mention of isis, something about muhammed being a pedophile, the mention of sex slaves?

Smh, seriously be more original tsr :rolleyes:

Also there are more religions in this world that also believe in souls/ afterlives/ God etc. Why don't we discuss some of those (maturely)? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Also, there are so many things we could talk about on this topic, like people who claim to have had spiritual experiences or seen their past lives etc but nooooooooooooo lets just bash Islam constantly
    Although I usually welcome constructive criticism as it shows people aren't blindly following a set of rules and are using thought; I do think (unfortunately) however this common occurrence of specifically targeting Islam will not die down for some time to come.

(Original post by Carthaginian)
    It ticks me off.
    Religion is bullcrap!
    Yes, our ancestors were apes. Just look at evolution, it's the only plausible theory.
    Just think about it for a second, sure, God could exist. But Heaven and/or Hell?
    That's just stupid.
    Are you cognisant of the fact that the original concept of Heaven and Hell (of rewarding good doers and punishing evil doers) is present and in fact ubiquitous today?

It's essentially that same concept but developed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mil88)
    Are you cognisant of the fact that the original concept of Heaven and Hell (of rewarding good doers and punishing evil doers) is present and in fact ubiquitous today?

It's essentially that same concept but developed.
    Good goy. You can keep believing in your sky God, cloud land and the underworld. I'll stick to my own realistic beliefs, that actually have evidence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    The Quran contains no impressive science at all, all of its so-called miracles have been thoroughly debunked on TSR and elsewhere. It also contains loads of scientific errors. Your holy book is no more special or impressive than any other.
    name me one scientific YOU found not from the internet but from your own knowledge.

ReputationRep:
    The same could be said about our excists how did we become what we are now from a single cell

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.