Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

We don't need "friends", we need good grades. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    It depends on the type of friends, and it seems you haven't been lucky enough to meet great friends yet. I need my best friend more that anything in the world tbh, she gives me lyfe. :blushing:

Honestly, and I mean honestly, some peoples friendships can become the most wonderful thing. I literally don't even think my marriage will be as strong as my friendship is with my friend.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    im pregnant because of you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluemadhatter)
    ermmmmm....okay.

ReputationRep:
    Ha, gay
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    It depends on the type of friends, and it seems you haven't been lucky enough to meet great friends yet. I need my best friend more that anything in the world tbh, she gives me lyfe. :blushing:

Honestly, and I mean honestly, some peoples friendships can become the most wonderful thing. I literally don't even think my marriage will be as strong as my friendship is with my friend.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Omg, madhatter is cool :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ermmmmm....okay.
    Who wanted a baby so badly you decided to beg someone to impregnate me with their sperm?

You my friend.

(Original post by RobML)
    Ha, gay
    like you're mum

(Original post by Princepieman)
    Omg, madhatter is cool :'

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I AM :woo: :love: ???!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Who wanted a baby so badly you decided to beg someone to impregnate me with their sperm?

You my friend.

like you're mum

*youer

ReputationRep:

You my friend.
    I just love babies so much! :bawling:

Omg, madhatter is cool :'

Posted from TSR Mobile
    indeed, she is very "unique".

I don't mean that in a nice way
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

yes, cool (and random?) snapchat stories to boot

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robertpiktos)
    I hate this myth that we need "friends" in life.
    I say we don't.
    My advice to everyone in here is focus 100% on your studies, don't talk or go out with anyone.
    Study all week, including weekends and holidays.
    Don't ever go out with anyone , sit home and study.
    What is important in life is good grades not "friends".
    t. Asian Parents

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robertpiktos)
    I hate this myth that we need "friends" in life.
    I say we don't.
    My advice to everyone in here is focus 100% on your studies, don't talk or go out with anyone.
    Study all week, including weekends and holidays.
    Don't ever go out with anyone , sit home and study.
    What is important in life is good grades not "friends".
    Take it from someone who has been there: if you study hard and get good grades, you get into a top university. If you get into a top university, you will likely go from top of the class to somewhere around or below average on your course. Academic ability then ceases to distinguish you as 'better' than anyone else, so you need to distinguish yourself in other ways. At university, there will be people who got better grades than you, have more money than you, and still manage to party and go out every weekend. And it will be those people who go on to have a good career, because they passed the necessary 'grade filter' and they made the effort to make friends with the right people who can help them get a good job.

If you don't try to network and make friends, you are restricting yourself just as badly as if you bomb in your A levels, because between 70-90% of people who get a decent career and have success in it got there directly or indirectly by 'who they knew' and not just 'what they knew'. Once you leave university, grades are irrelevant, relationships are everything. To be honest with you, I know that some people have to struggle harder than others to get good grades, but it doesn't improve oneself as a person to study all the time and not do anything else. It doesn't even improve your grades necessarily, there's a good chance you're just making yourself ill, mentally and physically. I've seen many people who half killed themselves to get to a good uni, then burnt out completely and had to retake the year.

ReputationRep:
    I just love babies so much! :bawling:
    Well you're no longer in our life now so you better go love another baby

yes, cool (and random?) snapchat stories to boot

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well you're no longer in our life now so you better go love another baby

You can't take my baby away from me. You are so selfish.

ReputationRep:
    good grades are overrated
    i got a*a*a* in my final exams and this doesn't help me feel better about my life now
    people i care about do

ReputationRep:
    Balance is everything.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 18, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.