The Student Room Group

What job would you most like to have?

Scroll to see replies

drone pilot. terminating bad guys is my dream job.
Planetary scientist/ research scientist.I'd love to be one of those scientists who get to go to antartica or somewhere for like 6 months.
Original post by Rakas21
Why? I'd be curing all kinds of things.

Genetic engineering has amazing potential. Imagine for example if we could alter the level of Melonin in the skin while in the womb, we could cure racism by making people as white as us. Imagine if people were able to purchase 'upgrades' for their future children. Imagine if these people selectively bred with each other.

You dont consider white skin to be a shallow trait? Why shouldnt we try to make people have darker skin if it comes to that.You are implying dark skin is a bad thing.Skin colour doesnt matter.I'm all for genetic engineering but we should try for useful traits.Smarter,stronger,everlasting youth that kind of thing not skin colour.
Original post by Rhaenys10
awww you're so lovely.
i just wanna share interesting stuff with people and get paid to read books and talk about them lol

Awhhh thank you!!! :smile:
Haha! I hope you get to do what you dream of :biggrin:
I want to own my own businesses either with coaching courses in marketing/advertising or something in baking, and something which allows me to travel :smile:
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
Awhhh thank you!!! :smile:
Haha! I hope you get to do what you dream of :biggrin:

i can't even rep you anymore sweetie=))))
Original post by lipsticklover
I want to own my own businesses either with coaching courses in marketing/advertising or something in baking, and something which allows me to travel :smile:

sounds cool
where would you like to travel?
i can't even rep you anymore sweetie=))))

Haha!!! It's okayyy :smile: the thought counts! ❤️❤️
Original post by Robby2312
You dont consider white skin to be a shallow trait? Why shouldnt we try to make people have darker skin if it comes to that.You are implying dark skin is a bad thing.Skin colour doesnt matter.I'm all for genetic engineering but we should try for useful traits.Smarter,stronger,everlasting youth that kind of thing not skin colour.

from an evolutionary pov, darker skin is actually better
black people are less likely to get skin cancer
Be paid to research maths - so sad, but I'd love it!
- CEO of my own (large) tech company or another already established stuff
- MD in either private equity or investment banking
- Exec of corporate strategy for a large corporation
- Partner in a strategy consulting firm
- This doesn't exist but: some sort of siloed exec level job (with exec level pay) focused on innovation, inventing new stuff, overall strategy, venture capital and internal M&A within a tech company

Oh, and philanthropist when I make enough money.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Robby2312

Lol every thread somehow leads to race or Islam or lgbt issues.
Something in research for physics. Either as technical staff after a PhD or keeping just a Masters for a while and working in a less managerial role to get the grips of things, either working like an engineer or for technical staff in research. End goal is as a lecturer after a nice, research filled life. That, and I plan to become a writer.
I'm not entirely sure yet
Dictator or the next Putin

But I'm sure they are the same thing:colonhash:
from an evolutionary pov, darker skin is actually better
black people are less likely to get skin cancer

From an evolutionary POV, darker skin and lighter skin are both well adapted to their environments. It's easier for a white person to produce vitamin D than it is for a black person. This is because where white people are indigenous, there is less sunlight. Black people can have a lot more vitamin d issues than white people in northern Europe, for example.
Original post by RDKGames
Actuarial analyst
Actuary
Forensic accountant
Operational researcher
Research scientist (for maths)
Statistician
Stockbroker

Haven't made my mind up yet, but looking closely at research scientist and stay in academia after uni.

Did you literally just copy that from the prospects website?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fullofsurprises
First Green Prime Minister. :woohoo:

Wowza, ambitious af but I like it! Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AlexLawrence1453
From an evolutionary POV, darker skin and lighter skin are both well adapted to their environments. It's easier for a white person to produce vitamin D than it is for a black person. This is because where white people are indigenous, there is less sunlight. Black people can have a lot more vitamin d issues than white people in northern Europe, for example.

hmm sounds legit
but when you take white ppl out of their natural environment, they're a lot more prone to getting sick
like, weren't the skin cancer rates the highest among the english ppl who went to australia?
I'm talking about career goals that are actually realistic. For instance, I'd love to be the CEO of some big corporation, but that's probably not going to happen. If I think of it, I'm probably going to end up as a Professor (and I'll probs like it too). How about you? :smile:
I wish I knew what I'd like too do in the future...

Quick Reply

Latest