Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Women do not know how to choose good partners, arrage marriages are not bas

ReputationRep:
    "No one knows you better than your parents"

Best joke of the century

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    I have to lie to function... my x made me this way.
    y?

ReputationRep:
    I have to lie to function... my x made me this way.
    Dude :console: this got depressing quickly, better create a new mapping to your true identity
    Spoiler:
    Show
    identity matrix, anyone?
    lol i cant pun anymore :cry:

(Original post by XOR_)
    y?
    Not this game :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XOR_)
    y?
    our interests were divergent..

(Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    Dude :console: this got depressing quickly, better create a new mapping to your true identity
    Spoiler:
    Show
    identity matrix, anyone?
    lol i cant pun anymore :cry:

Not this game :rofl:
    Sorry, but this can't be a linear operation. I need to reach terminal velocity before I pull on the parachute. It's no fiendish plot, it's just the only way to get on a line that best fits me.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps all you guys needed was some more vector space.

ReputationRep:

Sorry, but this can't be a linear operation. I need to reach terminal velocity before I pull on the parachute. It's no fiendish plot, it's just the only way to get on a line that best fits me.
    lel
    :awesome: :rofl: so much lol in a post :gah:
    Are you sure you're not just a hidden quadratic? Let me solve your problem and find the exact expression for your existence
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :dontknow:
    I shall reply later, off to do some dull C3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    I know myself better than my parents. They wouldn't know who is 'right' for me.
    In the bible it says 3 lefts make a right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h333)
    Lol you are saying it as if everyone has lived together first and then decided to get married
    No, it's not the case unfortunately.

(Original post by h333)
    or you have to live together before marriage.
    That's the most sensible path.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    No, it's not the case unfortunately.

That's the most sensible path.
    Hmmm "sensible path" are you sure? For me it is definitely a no. But as it is ok with you...what if the person does not agree to live with you before marriage? Are you going to move on or accept that you can get to know them without the need to live together?

ReputationRep:
    There is a range of things wrong with this thread
    TSR is the domain of all sorts of miscreants

ReputationRep:
    tbh ..the OP has got somewhat of a point. Statistically something like 6% of arranged marriages fail. Whilst something like 40% of western marriages fail.

If you want a successful. marriage you've got a better chance of success if your parents pick out your spouse

having said that, I can't say i'd be particularly keen if someone tried to marry me off to some complete random. If she were fit though I might not protest too much lol

ReputationRep:
    The fact that you write that post makes me hope that you never find a woman, OP. You don't deserve her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h333)
    what if the person does not agree to live with you before marriage?
    Then I will not marry her. I want to live with her to see if everything will be ok once married. I don't want to discover that we are not compatible for living together after marriage. There's no other way to find this out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1010marina)
    The fact that you write that post makes me hope that you never find a woman, OP. You don't deserve her.
    I think OP is a woman. Yup...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brainwashing worked well with this one.
    You are assuming there was a brain to wash

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    Then I will not marry her. I want to live with her to see if everything will be ok once married. I don't want to discover that we are not compatible for living together after marriage. There's no other way to find this out.
    Well although I disagree with you, good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANM775)
    tbh ..the OP has got somewhat of a point. Statistically something like 6% of arranged marriages fail. Whilst something like 40% of western marriages fail.

If you want a successful. marriage you've got a better chance of success if your parents pick out your spouse

having said that, I can't say i'd be particularly keen if someone tried to marry me off to some complete random. If she were fit though I might not protest too much lol
    I expect there are very few women being killed in Pakistan.

ReputationRep:
    Women are perfectly capable of agreeing to marry whoever they want. They're also capable of dealing with it if Mr Right turns into Mr Wrong. We don't need to be protected from life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    I think OP is a woman. Yup...
    Well, that's brainwashing at its finest. And most tragic.

As if anyone can believe this codswallop

ReputationRep:
    Hello 1853 called they want you back.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: September 26, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.