Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Unpopular Opinions Watch

Announcements
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

(Original post by ForestShadow)
    are you kidding? aus was the best, the beaches, food and chill lifestyle :moon: and the weather tho

and Im in devon atm
    I'm jealous, I really want to visit there some day. The wildlife looks so cool.

And, Southener lol, but without the stereotype.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirvana1989-1994)
    I don't find Mel and Sue funny, there, I said it!
    I think we as modern humans don't know **** and we probably know like 10% of what other ancient civilisations knew (yes i do also believe there has been other advanced civilisations)

And...I also believe how we perceive 'god' in this modern age of media has kind of disillusioned people about the idea of 'god'. I think god as a concept is far more complicated then a old man sitting on a cloud etc.

ReputationRep:
    I'm jealous, I really want to visit there some day. The wildlife looks so cool.

And, Southener lol, but without the stereotype.
    the wildlife is so 'cool', it has like 18 out of the top 20 worlds deadliest creatures :lol:

ok Imma southerner, whats the stereotype then? we're afraid of the cold and arent as tough as you guys?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bones-mccoy)
    I agree with both of these

Wouldn't call Ryan Gosling ugly but he's so average...and The Beatles are so overrated
    that's what i meant

(Original post by bones-mccoy)
    Kendall Jenner is a terrible model and I don't understand all the fuss about her
    exactly
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

(Original post by Ua3142)
    I think we as modern humans don't know **** and we probably know like 10% of what other ancient civilisations knew (yes i do also believe there has been other advanced civilisations)

And...I also believe how we perceive 'god' in this modern age of media has kind of disillusioned people about the idea of 'god'. I think god as a concept is far more complicated then a old man sitting on a cloud etc.
    Mate, what are you going on about lol.

ReputationRep:
    Mate, what are you going on about lol.
    lol just read the title, I've been reading some deep **** recently, but yh haha
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

the wildlife is so 'cool', it has like 18 out of the top 20 worlds deadliest creatures :lol:

ok Imma southerner, whats the stereotype then? we're afraid of the cold and arent as tough as you guys?
    Yeah, if I go there, have to be careful of the stingrays lol. Or, the papers'll be like 'Another Irwin slain'. I'm not related to Steve though haha.

And, yeah haha, that you're really reserved, and cold.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhaenys10)
    This thread has been up for 5 minutes and I'm already angry lol
    =)))))))))))))))))))
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

(Original post by Ua3142)
    lol just read the title, I've been reading some deep **** recently, but yh haha
    Oh right haha, I thought it was somehow related to Mel and Sue.

That's a good UO.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, some intelligent mystery, thriller, sci-fi anime is much better than most of the crap Hollywood produces nowadays (keyword being most. Anything with Tom Hanks is good). Pretty dark stuff too.

If you mean the crazy, nonsensical battle stuff, like Naruto, Bleach, Dragon ball Z, then I can see why.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    My unpopular opinion: I like Hillary Clinton much more than Trump. I used to think this was a popular opinion, but after the Clinton bashing on tsr, I guess it's otherwise.

(Original post by retro_turtles)
    I absolutely hate anime
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

(Original post by fandom-queen)
    Hmm, some intelligent mystery, thriller, sci-fi anime is much better than most of the crap Hollywood produces nowadays (keyword being most. Anything with Tom Hanks is good). Pretty dark stuff too.

If you mean the crazy, nonsensical battle stuff, like Naruto, Bleach, Dragon ball Z, then I can see why.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    My unpopular opinion: I like Hillary Clinton much more than Trump. I used to think this was a popular opinion, but after the Clinton bashing on tsr, I guess it's otherwise.
    Yeah, Clinton is hated on here for some reason lol.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, if I go there, have to be careful of the stingrays lol. Or, the papers'll be like 'Another Irwin slain'. I'm not related to Steve though haha.

And, yeah haha, that you're really reserved, and cold.
    dat sting ray tho :rofl:

isnt everyone reserved and a bit cold when they see strangers tho? Im quite an open guy tbh :dontknow:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

dat sting ray tho :rofl:

isnt everyone reserved and a bit cold when they see strangers tho? Im quite an open guy tbh :dontknow:
    Lol, those memes. :mmm:

And, true. The stereotype paints it as more pronounced.

You'd fit in well up North.

ReputationRep:
    I call it that that too.

And, I call the evening meal 'Tea', but that's because I'm Northern.
    !!! finally someone who knows the truth!!!

ReputationRep:
    so whens lunch?
    ?? never heard of that word tbh

ReputationRep:
    i find pizza hut gross

ReputationRep:
    That cats are disgusting and overrated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by george_c00per)
    ?? never heard of that word tbh
    noun a meal eaten in the middle of the day, typically one that is lighter or less formal than an evening meal.

ReputationRep:
    White Privilege does NOT exist
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

(Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    That cats are disgusting and overrated
    Oh no, she didn't!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.