Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I know this is ridiculous.......but I find Japanese guys attractive Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lemonsponge)
    Indo-Aryans in India used to look white, simple. As the people ruling the region they put themselves as the beauty standard and said dark skin is inferior.
    I understand the historical reasons for wanting fair skin - it was mix of the two factors mentioned above, regarding fairer ethnic groups and economic differences (to this day the descendants of the farming class have darker skin than the descendants of the ruling class - I know because I am a mix of these two heritages)

My main point in asking was to highlight that now in the 21st Century there is no place for these ridiculous views on skin colour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bellalalaxo)
    Oh awesome! I'm just plain old British haha but I have an uncle from Korea and my cousin is from China so I was introduced to the different languages and cultures from quite early on
    oh, I've never actually met a Korean eva in my life, so you have an interesting mix of cultures! (I really like Korean food though haha)
    lol a lot of Asians wish that they were 'british' so I'm sure you aren't plain or anything!

(Original post by Anonymous)
    No, no, being someone who's born and currently living, I can say she's right. Darker people are thought to have worked in menial jobs, and not considered "clean" High-castes are known to be fairer and more "pure" because they live in luxury.

Something which I think is ridiculous, because, hello, people, IT'S FRICKING MELANIN. Sheesh, all them educated people forgetting science.
    Whilst that is the case in general I know exceptions to that with brahmin and kayasth people who are supposed to be fair skinned but are actually quite dark despite working good jobs all their life, they were just born dark. And I know lower caste people who are pale and Arab looking or even look East Asian yellow (like Burmese/Thai/Filipino) even after working in manual labour type of jobs. A black person doesn't become white if he's rich and a white person doesn't become black if they work outside. Your genes are fixed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lemonsponge)
    Whilst that is the case in general I know exceptions to that with brahmin and kayasth people who are supposed to be fair skinned but are actually quite dark despite working good jobs all their life, they were just born dark. And I know lower caste people who are pale and Arab looking or even look East Asian yellow (like Burmese/Thai/Filipino) even after working in manual labour type of jobs. A black person doesn't become white if he's rich and a white person doesn't become black if they work outside. Your genes are fixed
    No we're saying that that's traditionally how people thought. People of the same race but more tan were seen as being poorer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayestar)
    oh, I've never actually met a Korean eva in my life, so you have an interesting mix of cultures! (I really like Korean food though haha)
    lol a lot of Asians wish that they were 'british' so I'm sure you aren't plain or anything!
    I've met so many Koreans now haha since I study Korean at uni. What is your face korean food? Mine is ddeokbokki or bulgogi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bellalalaxo)
    I've met so many Koreans now haha since I study Korean at uni. What is your face korean food? Mine is ddeokbokki or bulgogi
    ohh lol I'm still in sixth form, so I guess I'll have more chances to meet korean people in uni
    My fav food is Haemul Pajeon and Kimchee
    Are there stuff like korean communities in London?

ReputationRep:
    You're so racist. You're ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayestar)
    ohh lol I'm still in sixth form, so I guess I'll have more chances to meet korean people in uni
    My fav food is Haemul Pajeon and Kimchee
    Are there stuff like korean communities in London?
    Haha I only finished year 13 a few months ago. What are you going to study at uni?

Yes actually have you ever been to New Malden? It's like a korean town in the suburbs

ReputationRep:
    i started year 12 this year and im taking maths, further maths, chemistry and physics.
    what did u do for A level?

i might do maths in uni... not to sure yet. i need to find a work experience placement soon, but i cant find anywhere in my area with a maths/science-ish placement

nope, ive neva heard of new malden, whereabouts is it?

ReputationRep:
    pretty much sums it up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoXERxQ8z1Y

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    Most Japanese people are asexual.
    Don't talk BS mate, I'm a Japanese girl

I'm a indian girl who loves Korean guys they are fire especially EXO and BTS

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 4, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.