What do girls nowadays look for in a guy?

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viva Emptiness)
    Lol ffs, I love how I get singled out when I'm the one in the conversation who doesnt do this :lol:

Precious Illusions
    You would definitely do it if you were single tho.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fksociety)
    Height is usually a good indication of dick size; There is a strong positive correlation.
    Heard that one before on tbbt.

If ppl genuinely think that... -_-

ReputationRep:
    A lot of things:

Emotional Intelligence
    Social Awareness
    Confidence
    Decent Upbringing
    Good Body (Even downstairs)
    Sense of Security
    Power to Strive
    Good/Decent Fashion Sense
    Healthy (Mind & Body)
    Height (5ft 7in - 6ft 6in)
    Ruggedness

There's probably a whole series of books on what women truthfully want from a man but I can't think of any right now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .......Jeff458)
    I don't get the appeal with being with tall guys? Srsly. Like I understand why some girls like bulked up guys but not the height thing. Confused :/
    From an evolutionary/subconscious standpoint, a man being tall is associated with masculinity, power and good genetics.

(Original post by nadiakms)
    big sexy arms xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by richpanda)
    Stop coping. Its embarrassing.
    Coping?

Have you not noticed the phenomena in which mental maturity seems to correlate with a change in the taste of men in WHITE GIRLS?

Asian girls for some reason seem to prefer less manly man full stop, and more youthful looking ones for all their life. Black girls oddly somewhere inbetween.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mvine001)
    That means me then.
    That's good, they are great qualities to have

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stefano865)
    Big dick
    Six pack
    6ft +
    you took the words right out of my mouth - nailed it
    but they want more than the six pack - they want the anaconda arms, the triangle shoulders and the huge pecs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by novaDRGN)
    A lot of things:

Emotional Intelligence
    Social Awareness
    Confidence
    Decent Upbringing
    Good Body (Even downstairs)
    Sense of Security
    Power to Strive
    Good/Decent Fashion Sense
    Healthy (Mind & Body)
    Height (5ft 7in - 6ft 6in)
    Ruggedness
    Good luck, you'll need it.

ReputationRep:
    Why on Earth are so many guys replying here?? :|

(Original post by WoodyMKC)
    From an evolutionary/subconscious standpoint, a man being tall is associated with masculinity, power and good genetics.

Damn evolution taking over girls' pathetic minds -_-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhaenys10)
    I haven't even answered the OP tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Damn evolution taking over girls' pathetic minds -_-
    There are plenty of reasons why girls consciously prefer tall men as well, but I didn't answer that part because I'm not a girl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    I haven't even answered the OP tho
    Wasn't talking about you, but about some of the guys here speaking on behalf of girls
    Me neither btw... posted a gif that I hoped would get me some reps but nobody really noticed it :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireFreezer77)
    ^^^
    Truthful answers
    Is it just looks because it seems that way
    Personality means nothing around where i live
    You dont have the looks, you just get laughed at in the street
    So what do girls actually look for in a guy nowadays?
    Aesthetically it's more about achieving a minimum standard for women rather than being Brad Pitt. Those minimum standards are basically..

Tall (average height at a minimum)
    Skinny (they don't care if you have abs but they won't go for you if you are fat)
    No major deformities or features. (severe acne ect..)

Once you reach that minimum standard then confidence is your biggest asset in terms of having the personality to go to a girl and tell her you want the number. From there your other traits will dictate the relationship potential.

*This applies more to meeting a random girl you desire online or in RL. If you can be friends with a girl through your social group then there's a better chance you can win on personality alone.

ReputationRep:
    Experience and the fact that women don't always admit what they really go for.

ReputationRep:
    looks wise id say tall, abs and good looking. but of course when looking for a relationship idc about looks as much its about how he makes me feel and how caring he is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Experience and the fact that women don't always admit what they really go for.
    Idk, judging by their answers, some of the guys here are just bitter.

ReputationRep:
    Humour, intelligence and a good character.

ReputationRep:
    No doubt. We're on a forum where some men are creating threads saying they are 20 year old virgins.

I've been both fortunate and unfortunate (though all my fault) enough to have gone from the nerdy virgin to basically a player (not out of malice, i simply had no desire for a relationship until my early twenties) to fat guy who gets laid once in a blue moon and all in a decade or so. Hence i have developed a good eye for what women say they want and what they forget to add.

ReputationRep:
    No, no, no, they obviously just know the hidden secret that all we want is abs, a large D and 6ft+, and not the multitude of other things actual women have listed above.

They probably just sound bitter about it because they don't have any of those things either.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 15, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.