pound has dropped so much, arent you guys worried?

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ckfeister)
    Find our natural position.
    What does that even mean?*

This call is for people like you:

*http://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenter...s-up-tear-son/

Wake the **** up. *

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fruli)
    What does that even mean?*

This call is for people like you:

*http://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenter...s-up-tear-son/

Wake the **** up. *
    Your pro-EU I'm assuming. Never in a billion years, hard brexit will happen watch, its the only brexit possible and even EU has accepted it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ckfeister)
    Your pro-EU I'm assuming. Never in a billion years, hard brexit will happen watch, its the only brexit possible and even EU has accepted it.
    It's 'you're' not 'your'.

Actually I didn't vote. I just happen to be a neutral observer of everything that's unfolded/unfolding. Brexit is not likely to affect me as I have a global footprint, if it all goes wrong in the UK I do have other options.*
    Brexit is already affecting and will affect the people who were fooled into voting for Brexit. People like that caller on LBC are just the tip of the iceberg.*

The high powers who fooled you into voting Brexit are not going to be affected. The Farages of this world are waiting for their EU pensions and do not have a care in the world about what will happen to their supporters. Murdoch's of this world can continue to enjoy themselves with their offshore billions. Politics will always be a chess game for good old Etonians like Boris Johnson.*

All I can say is prepare yourself for your Little Britian. *

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fruli)
    It's 'you're' not 'your'.

Actually I didn't vote. I just happen to be a neutral observer of everything that's unfolded/unfolding. Brexit is not likely to affect me as I have a global footprint, if it all goes wrong in the UK I do have other options.*
    Brexit is already affecting and will affect the people who were fooled into voting for Brexit. People like that caller on LBC are just the tip of the iceberg.*

The high powers who fooled you into voting Brexit are not going to be affected. The Farages of this world are waiting for their EU pensions and do not have a care in the world about what will happen to their supporters. Murdoch's of this world can continue to enjoy themselves with their offshore billions. Politics will always be a chess game for good old Etonians like Boris Johnson.*

All I can say is prepare yourself for your Little Britian. *

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Just like every democracy does every 2-6 years, I guess we need to all become dictatorships just in case people get what they wanted.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think we could all agree the German situation was and still is unique.

At the very least, a recession is a time to relentlessly doubt your own self.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azizadil1998)
    True, bitcoins were the hype a year ago or two if i remember correctly, don't see it in the news anymore and things - from what I know they are best used for buying drugs and guns off the dark web ahah

Edit: just checked to confirm, bitcoin did extremely well for 1 bitcoin = almost $1200 back in 2013, but has gone down approx $300 in march 2015, so against dollars its not doing too well.

However against GDP it HAS gone up considerably around the time of the Brexit vote to £500 for 1 bitcoin from under £250 in 2015 but I think this is just because of people rushing to get this in case, will likely stabilise over time but we will see!
    The best thing about bitcoin is that the Japanese are as confused about it as everyone morally else existentially is. What the bleeding **** is it?

ReputationRep:
    Should have changed my GBP to USD before Brexit... :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manitude)
    If it was just "volatility" there would be upwards movement as well as downwards. Since June 23 the pound has just been falling, with a definite downward trend and only negligible upward bumps.
    You've misunderstood me. I wasn't speaking of volatility specifically on the 23rd of June.

ReputationRep:
    Should have bought gold, as I advised (quoted in $, and likely to [continue to] rise against the $, and $ against £) = win win

Investing £1,000 in GLD at the time = now worth £1,315 (+31.5%). It pays to follow my threads/posts. Quite literally :scrooge:

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 21, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.