Where was your first part-time job?

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fxlloutboyy)
    Yeah, I really hate what I'm doing at the moment including the awful pay and bring treated awfully too. Much rather work in a supermarket or clothes shop for a change
    Okay, definitely avoid M&S then lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirvana1989-1994)
    That's awful , perhaps finding something else may be best. I definitely wouldn't recommend staying.
    Yeah I've got an interview with Apple tomorrow and I really hope I do get it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Yeah I've got an interview with Apple tomorrow and I really hope I do get it.
    That's good, I hope it goes well for you, and you get it

ReputationRep:
    That's good, I hope it goes well for you, and you get it
    Thank you! Its just stage one but I'm going to do my best.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! Its just stage one but I'm going to do my best.
    It's okay, and good

ReputationRep:
    It's okay, and good
    Excited because I've heard really good things about the company and working for them.

ReputationRep:
    Excited because I've heard really good things about the company and working for them.
    Yeah, it looks really fun to work there

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it looks really fun to work there
    Fun and hopefully can improve things socially for me

ReputationRep:
    Fun and hopefully can improve things socially for me
    That's good

ReputationRep:
    Tesco

ReputationRep:
    River Island and I HATED it. Awful money and 5 hour shifts standing outside the fitting rooms doing nothing. The stockroom was a mess so you could never find anything.Now I'm in ASDA on £7.44 an hour. Time and half on bank hols and DOUBLE at Christmas/New Years etc. Cant complain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cassiejoevans)
    River Island and I HATED it. Awful money and 5 hour shifts standing outside the fitting rooms doing nothing. The stockroom was a mess so you could never find anything.Now I'm in ASDA on £7.44 an hour. Time and half on bank hols and DOUBLE at Christmas/New Years etc. Cant complain
    Aww, , I've always heard good stories about RI, but that sucks.

It's good that you're at Asda now, and it's better.

ReputationRep:
    Aww, , I've always heard good stories about RI, but that sucks.

It's good that you're at Asda now, and it's better.
    Before I went for my interview I even googled it and so many people all over the UK said it was awful. A good or bad job can really make or break you

ReputationRep:
    Before I went for my interview I even googled it and so many people all over the UK said it was awful. A good or bad job can really make or break you
    True . I've been to a group interview there before, and it was pretty awful.

ReputationRep:
    True . I've been to a group interview there before, and it was pretty awful.
    It's so pretentious! We were allowed to choose 1 top and 1 pair of bottoms for our uniform. They made a big deal about us being allowed to express our own sense of style, yet I chose a pair of jeans and a nice floral top and the manager said it wasn't 'trendy' enough and told me to pick a pair of leather leggings, a different top and high heels (for a 7 hour shift standing up all day!!!). I felt like George Michael in those bloody leggings :unimpressed::unimpressed::laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rohan187)
    Exam Invigilator for IELTS. Great pay, a lot of money comes from just working 3 Saturdays a month when it's exam season but it's slowed down. Still work there. But now I'm a temp at GAME.
    I had an interview for a temp job for GAME and I'm just waiting to hear back. What's it like working there? What's the pay and do you get any discounts on games?

ReputationRep:
    It's so pretentious! We were allowed to choose 1 top and 1 pair of bottoms for our uniform. They made a big deal about us being allowed to express our own sense of style, yet I chose a pair of jeans and a nice floral top and the manager said it wasn't 'trendy' enough and told me to pick a pair of leather leggings, a different top and high heels (for a 7 hour shift standing up all day!!!). I felt like George Michael in those bloody leggings :unimpressed::unimpressed::laugh:
    That sucks , are they even allowed to do that?

ReputationRep:
    My first job was at Sports Direct. Worked there for 9 months before deciding to leave.

ReputationRep:
    That sucks , are they even allowed to do that?
    I haven't got a clue, but it was so annoying as I worked a Saturday and Sunday and only had 1 bloody George Michael-esque outfit to wear! Ended up wearing other clothes and getting a *******ing - seemed that they rathered me wear dirty clothes than clothes from River Island that 'weren't in the current line'.

(Original post by qasim_96)
    My first job was at Sports Direct. Worked there for 9 months before deciding to leave.
    Wasn't the pay there something ridiculously low?

ReputationRep:
    I haven't got a clue, but it was so annoying as I worked a Saturday and Sunday and only had 1 bloody George Michael-esque outfit to wear! Ended up wearing other clothes and getting a *******ing - seemed that they rathered me wear dirty clothes than clothes from River Island that 'weren't in the current line'.

Wasn't the pay there something ridiculously low?
    Minimum wage actually. You did get commission but the only people who would get any real benefit from that are the people who worked on the shoes section (such as me).

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 5, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Wake up and smell the...

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.