Turn on thread page Beta

Pakistani tea seller got a makeover! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saba XD)
    Please, make sense.
    clearly i've touched a nerve in you. so you don't want to answer a basic question. i guess we know the answer to your question then.

(Original post by IdeasForLife)
    lovely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Risobelle)
    clearly i've touched a nerve in you. so you don't want to answer a basic question. i guess we know the answer to your question then.
    Hit a nerve with what? Whatever you were on about*had*nothing to do with this thread. Maybe, you missed the whole point of this thread. Wouldn't blame you. You seem very stuck minded.

ReputationRep:
    I get what you mean and where you are coming from, that doesn't mean we are prioritising the wrong things. The man that I have referred to in the OP, is poor as well. He has 17 brothers and sisters, and he said that there is no electricity in his house. He was selling a cup of tea for 20 rupees. And, only him and two other brothers work in his household and he has to support his 14 brothers and sisters who are younger than him. So, I think we are prioritising the right thing, as this modelling contract will help him.

lool Holy crap 17 brothers and sisters??? tbh....I know us asians do like our big families....I am proud of him though....from being a "Chai Wala" to Hit Wala" has done the trick lol and I know how hard it can be in Pakistan...seen it with my own eyes.

ReputationRep:
    please answer the question. where does your loyalty lie. are you british first or pakistani?
    BDW....what can you do if my loyalty is with the UK or with Pakistan?

Just another nerd sitting behind the computer thinking "I am it"?

and who said you only have to be loyal to one country? Ever heard of DUAL Nationality?

Google it....it might help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternalflames)

^^This exactly, plus others :lol:
    :lol:

(Original post by Eternalflames)
    I'm 21, so you are a bacha to me
    Hehe, then you're a bachi to me, as I'm 23.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waki7866)
    BDW....what can you do if my loyalty is with the UK or with Pakistan?

Just another nerd sitting behind the computer thinking "I am it"?

and who said you only have to be loyal to one country? Ever heard of DUAL Nationality?

Google it....it might help
    I don't get this user at all. He/she said that if we are Pakistani then why are we still in UK? Because, I was born here. Durhhhhhh. :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Mashallah

ReputationRep:
    ok wait. i don't get this. where does your loyalty lie? are you british first or paktistani? if you're pakistani then what r u still doing in the UK? you want to have a serious discussion then sure lets have one. don't pick and choose points that are advantageous to you and then when someone rationale comes along to shed light on other not so pretty points you then take the easy way out by reporting the post to the moderators in the hope of getting that person banned.
    Hi, I see that not many people want to answer your question but it is a legitimate question. I am a British Pakistani. I would consider my loyalty to lie with neither the UK or with Pakistan. I am in the UK because I have the right to live here legally.

ReputationRep:
    I don't get this user at all. He/she said that if we are Pakistani then why are we still in UK? Because, I was born here. Durhhhhhh. :facepalm:
    lol I do think people who are narrow minded and kiss the medias arse....just raise questions such as this!

tbh...im proud to be British and Pakistani....so I suppose shes got no leg to stand on,,,,

I like to keep it fairly simple...Support England at football and Pakistan at cricket lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigTraderBoi)
    Hi, I see that not many people want to answer your question but it is a legitimate question. I am a British Pakistani. I would consider my loyalty to lie with neither the UK or with Pakistan. I am in the UK because I have the right to live here legally.
    Fair enough.,....we all as humans have free will...to decide what we want...so fair point

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigTraderBoi)
    It is not about answering the question. But, what he/she said has nothing to do with this post. Also, the last part that I supposedly reported someone. When I did no such thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waki7866)
    lol I do think people who are narrow minded and kiss the medias arse....just raise questions such as this!

tbh...im proud to be British and Pakistani....so I suppose shes got no leg to stand on,,,,

I like to keep it fairly simple...Support England at football and Pakistan at cricket lol

Told her/him to make sense but I guess that is not possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    That's good, hopefully he'll go with a more decent job then.
    Quite sad how the only reason he got picked was cos of looks. Makes you feel sorry for the others.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ^

Don't quite understand responses like this.

You would think people would be happy that a poor man and his family have somehow stumbled across the means to lift themselves out of poverty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inzamam99)
    ^

Don't quite understand responses like this.

You would think people would be happy that a poor man and his family have somehow stumbled across the means to lift themselves out of poverty.
    Don't quite understand people who don't bother to understand what I'm saying.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by TorpidPhil)
    Same!

He looks really sleazy afterwards and it makes his nose look massive too with the lack of the beard.
    he looks more innocent before

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tamil fever)
    he looks more innocent before
    Exactly that!

It makes my skin crawl... You know exactly what that man is after and what is going on inside that man's brain and I suspect most people don't want none of it xD

The innocent tea seller is far more intriguing hahaha.

He does not look pakistani

(Original post by serah.exe)
    pakistan and india is the same thing
    inb4

(Original post by TorpidPhil)
    Exactly that!

It makes my skin crawl... You know exactly what that man is after and what is going on inside that man's brain and I suspect most people don't want none of it xD

The innocent tea seller is far more intriguing hahaha.
    very true
    he looks more innocent and younger..
    But in the after one he looks way older

ReputationRep:
    I'm a bit late to this thread but in my opinion he looks much better before! More natural and not shaped to look the way the media wants him to look It's just my opinion but I wouldn't look twice at him after the makeover, but I would before! Who know, maybe I'm just odd It's just nice to see a story about someone who's life has changed for the better!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.