ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trapking)
    i'm kinda at the point where i just dont care about my degree anymore

bare stress.
    drop out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirtybit)
    drop out
    with 1 year left of getting a masters....

no way bruhh

ReputationRep:
    What did people get for the pentagon question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eduard-Student)
    What did people get for the pentagon question?
    Strong thread awareness.

It was an inside job btw
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    i'm kinda at the point where i just dont care about my degree anymore

bare stress.
    I gave up on my degree by final year. Barely attended seminars, essays done last minute, working through exams. Still scraped through in the end, no idea how.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    with 1 year left of getting a masters....

no way bruhh
    Wait, you're at Uni?

This changes everything and makes everything very unclear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I gave up on my degree by final year. Barely attended seminars, essays done last minute, working through exams. Still scraped through in the end, no idea how.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What degree did you do? I hope I can pass mine too

(Original post by zKlown)
    Wait, you're at Uni?

This changes everything and makes everything very unclear
    Yes I'm at university.

Hahaha why?

ReputationRep:
    trapking only make moves when your heart's in it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    trapking only make moves when your heart's in it
    do you read books? If so...what kind?

ReputationRep:
    do you read books? If so...what kind?

48 Laws of Power, Mastery, Mein Kampf, The Rational Male, Rich Dad Poor Dad.

They're all a load of ******** really. If you have to read it, you won't apply it naturally, and those that do apply the principles naturally, don't need to read a book to learn about them.

It's like I said in the Manchester United thread: if you had it, you wouldnt know what to do with it, but you dont have it, so dont sweat it.

ReputationRep:
    48 Laws of Power, Mastery, Mein Kampf, The Rational Male, Rich Dad Poor Dad.

They're all a load of ******** really. If you have to read it, you won't apply it naturally, and those that do apply the principles naturally, don't need to read a book to learn about them.
    Elegant taste. Haven't read 48 laws of power & Rich Dad Poor Dad yet though but they are on my list.

I disagree with your point though...."No one is an island". It's all about cutting your learning curve to save time and effort. Learning through peoples mistakes will only make it easier for you to succeed faster. Of course though the key emphasis here is application of the knowledge....knowledge on it's own is useless if you don't practise and apply it. It's the application that produces a result.

I recommend these:

Awaken the Giant within - A. Robbins
    Change Your Thinking, Change your life - B.Tracy
    The 4 hour work week- T.Ferris

ReputationRep:
    Elegant taste. Haven't read 48 laws of power & Rich Dad Poor Dad yet though but they are on my list.

I disagree with your point though...."No one is an island". It's all about cutting your learning curve to save time and effort. Learning through peoples mistakes will only make it easier for you to succeed faster. Of course though the key emphasis here is application of the knowledge....knowledge on it's own is useless if you don't practise and apply it. It's the application that produces a result.

I recommend these:

Awaken the Giant within - A. Robbins
    Change Your Thinking, Change your life - B.Tracy
    The 4 hour work week- T.Ferris
    Disagree still, it's like Dale Carnegie's How To Win Friends And Influence People- if you have to learn stuff like that from a book, you're always going to be at a disadvantage from those who wouldn't even think to learn something like that from a book because it comes so naturally. Interesting reads nonetheless.

ReputationRep:
    Disagree still, it's like Dale Carnegie's How To Win Friends And Influence People- if you have to learn stuff like that from a book, you're always going to be at a disadvantage from those who wouldn't even think to learn something like that from a book because it comes so naturally. Interesting reads nonetheless.
    ....but obviously before reading the information you're already going to have some skill in that area just you won't be as efficient in doing it...which goes back to what I'm saying about learning curves. It is for this reason why you see almost every successful person has had multiple mentors....they help you cut that learning curve otherwise you will waste a lot of time learning the hard way and realise you could have saved time had someone introduced the idea to you at first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zKlown)
    She's ok, wouldn't say no

Bit too excitable for my liking, couldn't take more than 10 minutes alone with her.
    She's cute for sure
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    What degree did you do? I hope I can pass mine too
    I studied History. Think I was just suffering from education burnout to be honest, in hindsight I should have taken a year off between my 2nd year and 3rd year in order to completely refresh myself. I used to work (as in employment, not study) so much even though I didn't particularly need the money, which in hindsight was utterly stupid.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Could use a 2nd opinion on this btw.

So I had a final stage interview on Monday for a pretty decent position, everything went well, got told they really liked me/my experience and they'd have a decision for me on Friday (today). Today i've been told they're looking at me and someone else to see who fits into which team better, as they think i'm a better fit for one team, and they'll have a final update with offers on Monday morning.

Does it sound like i'm in? I feel confident (ish), especially with the word "offers".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Could use a 2nd opinion on this btw.

So I had a final stage interview on Monday for a pretty decent position, everything went well, got told they really liked me/my experience and they'd have a decision for me on Friday (today). Today i've been told they're looking at me and someone else to see who fits into which team better, as they think i'm a better fit for one team, and they'll have a final update with offers on Monday morning.

Does it sound like i'm in? I feel confident (ish), especially with the word "offers".
    sounds like you both got it! Congrats.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 3, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.