The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 0to100

And here comes another.

Read the OP for starters and see I'm attacking council. As someone who's been homeless, I only hate council.

Get it troll? Now find a bridge.

Do the council have the ability to change immigration laws? No
Do the council have unlimited funds? No
Do the council have unlimited housing? No
Do the council have to abide by discrimination laws on grounds of age, sex, religion and ethnicity? Yes
Are these laws mandated by Europe? No (they actually predate the EU laws)

But by all means, hate the council workers.
Original post by DanB1991
By comparison in Liverpool where I helped this figure was much higher (closer to 90%) with the remainder, which was around 9-15 at any one time, was mostly the result of alcohol addiction which generally sets in after a week on the street.

What a baseless opinion.
Vast majority of alcoholics are not homeless.
And a decent proportion of homeless people (50-70% depending on the study) are not alcoholic.
Neither psychological nor physiological dependance to alcohol kicks in after a week.
Original post by john2054
But from all of those standing orders you set up to charities, you do realise that the vast majority of the money you send, only pays the managers wages, right? And i know this as someone who has worked at a number of them, including but not limited to the red cross and shelter....?

not these old lies again ...
#Brexit means Brexit maybe that will slow down the flood of migrant car washers.
Original post by zippyRN
not these old lies again ...

what are you talking about excuse me?!?
Reply 105
Original post by the IT MAN
#Brexit means Brexit maybe that will slow down the flood of migrant car washers.

Who's going to do those jobs when migrants leave Einstein
Original post by john2054
what are you talking about excuse me?!?

about how much money from regular giving goes to pay people rather than to service delivery ... or how Charities are 'wasting' money paying low end of market salaries for senior paid managers to develiver o nthe governance stuff that lay volunteers simply can;t , don't or won't do ... (slightly different where you have volunteers who are professionals volunteering i ntheir professional role )

then of course there is the massive hypocrisy about paying market salalries for managers in the third sector, despite the extensive evidence of untrammelled volunteer management of the wrong sort ( not appropriately qualified, fulfilling their wants rather than service needs ) driving charities to insolvency and near bankruptcy ...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Jee1
Who's going to do those jobs when migrants leave Einstein

Kick people of benefits Newton
Original post by Jamie
What a baseless opinion.
Vast majority of alcoholics are not homeless.
And a decent proportion of homeless people (50-70% depending on the study) are not alcoholic.
Neither psychological nor physiological dependance to alcohol kicks in after a week.

Homeless vs sleeping rough.....

In liverpool at least, the majority of those sleeping rough regularly were alcoholic. And looking a psychological dependence.... yes it can kick in after such a short amount of time. It may not be full blown alcoholism, but it's enough for individuals to spend every penny they have on alcohol.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 0to100
they're still British citizens. Do you really think a homeless undocumented migrant is included in those stats?????? :rofl: Come on use your head, if you dare.
You quoted Crasy saying British citizens.

Not WHITE.

My point remains. Homelessness rose 300% in 2013, facts.

Look carefully and what Crassy said: "white British".
He quite explicitly made this an issue of ethnicity.
(edited 7 years ago)
I visited a wonderful charity that provides meals for homeless people in the centre of Bristol. All those in queuing and in the busy café area were white males some of whom had been homeless for considerable periods others who had recently become so. A few hundred yards down the road is an area full of Somalians, men drinking in their cafes during the day or chatting outside halal shops, turn the corner and the houses are full of Somalian families. English is not spoken. I have worked in councils unable to rehouse local families who have lived in the area for more than a century despite the fact they are living in overcrowded homes, young couples still living with parents because they are not a priority group on the housing lists. They are not a priority because if you are a legal immigrant without a home or relatives to go to you are deemed to have a greater need and have to be housed first. You won't see the term 'migrant' written as an identity, but they will gain a priority because of the definition of need written into housing policies.
Original post by Viveka Ivy
I visited a wonderful charity that provides meals for homeless people in the centre of Bristol. All those in queuing and in the busy café area were white males some of whom had been homeless for considerable periods others who had recently become so. A few hundred yards down the road is an area full of Somalians, men drinking in their cafes during the day or chatting outside halal shops, turn the corner and the houses are full of Somalian families. English is not spoken. I have worked in councils unable to rehouse local families who have lived in the area for more than a century despite the fact they are living in overcrowded homes, young couples still living with parents because they are not a priority group on the housing lists. They are not a priority because if you are a legal immigrant without a home or relatives to go to you are deemed to have a greater need and have to be housed first. You won't see the term 'migrant' written as an identity, but they will gain a priority because of the definition of need written into housing policies.

*Migrants* don't get housing priority. In this thread last year, before you necro'd it, we were still waiting for actual proof of this.

The main reason you see mostly whites applying for housing is quite simple. They don't put up with illegal housing conditions. By comparison Eastern Europeans, Asians and Africans will quite happily live in three bedroom houses where they have to share with 10-15 other people (aka working class victorian england style).

Migrants are also, per head, less likely to claim housing or benefits in comparison to natives to the UK.
British Empire was no different than Nazi Germany. White British people have a duty to foreigners as they own their wealth to the opression of colored people. Giving priority to people of color over native whites in housing is the at least they can do.
Old thread but all this is true.. if you were born in the UK white British and on the verge of being homeless you probably won't get a place. BUT if your a foreigner you get everything, JSA, ESA a roof over their head including housing benefits..it's disgusting. I even have a friend whose mother cannot speak a word of English as soon as they got to the UK a house was offered to them wtf is that about.
Original post by Tomashford
Old thread but all this is true.. if you were born in the UK white British and on the verge of being homeless you probably won't get a place. BUT if your a foreigner you get everything, JSA, ESA a roof over their head including housing benefits..it's disgusting. I even have a friend whose mother cannot speak a word of English as soon as they got to the UK a house was offered to them wtf is that about. Never seen a homeless foreigner before but always white British people should be the other way around. Bit much but true. No-one who was bored here deserves to be homeless
Original post by mirko123
British Empire was no different than Nazi Germany. White British people have a duty to foreigners as they own their wealth to the opression of colored people. Giving priority to people of color over native whites in housing is the at least they can do.

If you are white British and you truly believe that then I hope you have set an example by donating your home to a family of colour.
Oh sweet jesus can a mod just lock this thread?

It's been necro'd twice! Hell we've already explained a few dozen times how the housing and benefit system doesn't inherently benefit foreign claimants over native born claimants!
I'ma white british male, born here lived in ireland legally america illegally and australia legally. I currnetly live in london. Migrants are positively discriminated towards and are given preferencial treatment in all matters particularly housing. Labour councils having been deliberately kicking white britons out of soical housing and replacing them with immigrants for some ideological reason wholesale since 2002. the swing has been between 60 to 80 % in most buroughs. I put up with a hellofalot racist abuse 20 years ago working in london as a nurse.Now you can get abuse and taunts on the street just for being a native. I've been on all sides of the fence. I judge people on behaviour, not skin colour. THere immigration to this country is empowered by the knowledge that being non white non british is the very best advantage to have esp. in housing. racism against whites in london is real and lives in our state services.Informal racism against whites has been woven into the fabric of our culture long since. to this day the most vile racists I have ever experienced have been afro caribbean pakistani or aboriginals.
Original post by DanB1991
Oh sweet jesus can a mod just lock this thread?

It's been necro'd twice! Hell we've already explained a few dozen times how the housing and benefit system doesn't inherently benefit foreign claimants over native born claimants!

except unfortunately it does, and often through underhand measures. 70,00 houses accolated in newham to muslims by a corrupt mayor pal of khans. does that ring a bell as a for instance. try getting past the front desk at camden if your white. I've personally witnessed peferential treatment that includied an indian man who could not produce a valid ID- he tried to give them a passport but the housing officer said no that a fake-yet he was complained about only getting a flat when he asked for a house(2011) in the same room at the same time a white british family was being told that there was no help for them, the bloke lost his job etc. they had tree small children and were being told to go and live on the street, while the newly arrived indian with the fake passport and quality suit, well appointed bejewlled wife beside him is busy getting his house despite the fake apssport. I could go on. walk the streets of london and pay particular attention to the housing estates. PLease dot tell me ther are no londoners in them any more because they all got rich an left.
Original post by Jebedee
If you are white British and you truly believe that then I hope you have set an example by donating your home to a family of colour.

miro 123 has read a book. unusual in todays world. pity he thinks we have to pay for history when history pays for itself.

Latest

Trending

Trending