22.22%
    Neither hate it or love it.
    15.15%
    Its bad.
    2.02%
    Hate Christmas.
    6.06%

(Original post by Matrix123)
    Very true and indeed. I mean, the day itself isn't great for me but Christmas and the idea of it is always quite beautiful to me
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yea i guess so and aw sorry to hear that and fair enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bluebutterfly310)
    Yea i guess so and aw sorry to hear that and fair enough.
    Yup, and it's alright.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Matrix123)
    Yup, and it's alright.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yep
    How are you today btw??

ReputationRep:
    I don't really get that excitedexcept on the whole except when "All I want for christmas is you" comes on. When that happens it's ****ing lit

Generally tho it's pretty gud, I'd give it an 8/10. I really quite like the whole period just after Christmas day where you still have loads of food, a bunch of new stuff and no real serious responsibilities to take care of or anything, you just chill and eat trash for a few days

(Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    I don't really get that except on the whole except when "All I want for christmas is you" comes on. When that happens it's ****ing lit

Generally tho it's pretty gud, I'd give it an 8/10. I really quite like the whole period just after Christmas day where you still have loads of food, a bunch of new stuff and no real serious responsibilities to take care of or anything, you just chill and eat trash for a few days
    Me neither and that song makes me feel more of a loner lol

Fair enough reason there.

ReputationRep:
    Me neither and that song makes me feel more of a loner lol
    but mate it's an absolute banger

(Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    but mate it's an absolute banger
    Maybe so, and i use to think that but then life happened

ReputationRep:
    I love christmas, wish it was all year round .

(Original post by XOR_)
    I love christmas, wish it was all year round .
    Seriously why ???

ReputationRep:
    I love mince pies and can't wait to try the new quality street!

ReputationRep:
    I hate how it always has to take absolute priority over everything else.

I remember the days of when it wasn't shoved down your throat until the end of November, now it seems to be force fed to us all as early as September. :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else really hate Christmas ?? Or do they love it??

If i see something Christmas related, like gift or "happy" family i get angry and throw things And if someone talks to me about Christmas i get mad and angry at them or ignore them which pisses them off. :/ Like i take part in no Christmas related things.

I personally hate celebrating Christmas.

I understand the reasons and accept the reason why Christians celebrate it though.

What is everyones view on christmas?? And if ya wanna, explain why you you view is like that.
    Opinion on this thread
    It's a BIT early for a thread like this don't you think?

Not as early as me in bed

(Original post by lornahill93)
    I love mince pies and can't wait to try the new quality street!
    fair enough and what new quality street??

(Original post by Maths is Life)
    Opinion on this thread
    It's a BIT early for a thread like this don't you think?

Not as early as me in bed
    Yea true but they had christmas ads in October!! In fricken October :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Seriously why ???
    It's mostly due to the decorations XD but I do also enjoy the festive spirit

(Original post by XOR_)
    It's mostly due to the decorations XD but I do also enjoy the festive spirit
    Fair enough

(Original post by parsn1p)
    I hate how it always has to take absolute priority over everything else.

I remember the days of when it wasn't shoved down your throat until the end of November, now it seems to be force fed to us all as early as September. :unimpressed:
    Well said there.

Unfortunately i dont remember them days :/ and i totally agree with ya there.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a christian but we tend to treat it as a secular national holiday celebrating generosity and family togetherness. I actually really enjoy trying to think of things to buy friends and family, my wallet tends to suffer for it though and I'm very conscious of buying things based on how much money I estimate they'll spend on me. I totally understand how the pressure of having to buy presents for others and being seen as a cheapskate can create anxiety and a strong dislike of the holiday in some people, being poor at christmas is awful if you have generous family and friends that you cannot afford to give back to.

(Original post by BefuddledPenguin)
    I'm not a christian but we tend to treat it as a secular national holiday celebrating generosity and family togetherness. I actually really enjoy trying to think of things to buy friends and family, my wallet tends to suffer for it though and I'm very conscious of buying things based on how much money I estimate they'll spend on me. I totally understand how the pressure of having to buy presents for others and being seen as a cheapskate can create anxiety and a strong dislike of the holiday in some people, being poor at christmas is awful if you have generous family and friends that you cannot afford to give back to.
    Fair enough and yea think most peoples purses/wallets are crying after christmas is over tbh. And yea glad you do understand the presure there, one of many reasons why i dread it so much :/ and i agree i was once very poor, and at a extreme time my family had to rely on food bank at christmas and they gave us each a present.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.