Turn on thread page Beta

I had a baby in my second year of university - AMA watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yungaheartz)
    I'm one of these people who have always been in two minds about having children, what do you say - is it worth it in the long run?

I've never been crazy about having children (I do like them, just love my peace and quiet more) but I'm really scared that there might come a time in my life where I'll wake up one day and regret the fact that I never had kids

what are the downsides to having kids?
    Having my son was the best, and will always be the best, thing I ever did - I couldn't go on if I didn't have him. When I was pregnant in the beginning, I looked at other people with their children thinking 'oh, I don't know whether I'd enjoy that - I don't feel a maternal glow when I see kids', but in my opinion, it's extremely difficult to love other people's children the way you love your own, so until you have them, you can't know the feeling.

It is noisy sometimes, but I always think, it won't be like that forever - one day he'll be old enough to know he's playing too loudly etc. And when he's asleep it's too quiet

The hardest thing for me is the sleep deprivation - Thatcher isn't a fantastic sleeper, and you have to teach babies how to sleep. But again, I know that at some point, how ever long away, he will sleep through the night. Plus, you get used to functioning on 4 hours sleep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna.Karenina)
    Hahaha! Of course, my lovely!

Attachment 594622
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Because a kid whose totally screwed would have a mum who kept going through uni and would then get into one of the best unis in the world for a Masters.

Shut up and stop being so nasty you sad a-hole.
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    That sad moment when his eyelashes are longer than yours... He is so adorable ahhh. Did you have a C section or a natural birth?
    PRSOM to you both.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.