Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I think if you sleep with 20 people then thats your choice, as long as you're not spreading any nasty diseases about then go for it!

ReputationRep:
    You'll find someone eventually, that or a close friend.

ReputationRep:
    Who said anything about sleeping around?
    We're talking about being a relationship for 3 months and then having sex. Where's the sleeping around there

ReputationRep:
    oh and having sex isn't only about having fun. it means a lot more to some people

ReputationRep:
    We're talking about being a relationship for 3 months and then having sex. Where's the sleeping around there
    yes but we weren't that close and i do think it is possible to be close without having sex first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AKAA12)
    oh and having sex isn't only about having fun. it means a lot more to some people
    Who said it was about having fun? Its an important part of a relationship and means alot to people... sure some people do just have sex for fun but it doesnt mean they're disgusting, as long as they're protecting themselves and not hurting anyone in the process...

ReputationRep:
    If you're with someone for that long i think you'd develop a certain closeness to them and having sex with them would only serve to enhance that imo

ReputationRep:
    Who said it was about having fun? Its an important part of a relationship and means alot to people... sure some people do just have sex for fun but it doesnt mean they're disgusting, as long as they're protecting themselves and not hurting anyone in the process...
    yes i know, but id prefer to have sex once i feel close to someone. i didn't think we were that compatible either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmilerNuts)
    If you're with someone for that long i think you'd develop a certain closeness to them and having sex with them would only serve to enhance that imo
    Trust me, we weren't.
    I wouldn't exactly go about describing it, but we certainly weren't close

ReputationRep:
    If you don't think you're compatible then why post a whole thread about it!?

ReputationRep:
    yes i know, but id prefer to have sex once i feel close to someone. i didn't think we were that compatible either.
    Well that was obviously part of it then. If you met someone though who you felt really comfortable with after say a month would you still make them wait 3+ months?

ReputationRep:
    Personally I think this is an issue of trust... How quick are you to trust someone in your life?

Cause if it takes a long time then there are going to be problems with quite alot of people you meet. Course there are people waiting out there with similar mindsets.

ReputationRep:
    If you don't think you're compatible then why post a whole thread about it!?
    liked him a lot but weren't close enough. not love.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prettygreeneyes99)
    Well that was obviously part of it then. If you met someone though who you felt really comfortable with after say a month would you still make them wait 3+ months?
    a month is too soon to know, plus i can't really say coz i don't think i ever felt that way after just a month.
    like someone just said, i don't trust people easily either, guess that plays a part

ReputationRep:
    liked him a lot but weren't close enough. not love.
    Which brings me back to my "demanding love" point...

ReputationRep:
    Which brings me back to my "demanding love" point...
    I wasn't demanding love at all. im saying we didn't love each other.

ReputationRep:
    You didn't love each other so you wouldn't have sex with him?
    See, guys at that age don't want to have to wait to be in love before having sex. That's more of a 16 year old thing...

ReputationRep:
    You didn't love each other so you wouldn't have sex with him?
    no certainly not. that has nothing to do with demanding love. i didn't force him to go out with me, he could have broken up with me earlier as well. he didn't want to wait but didn't break up. he always kept trying to have sex with me and go on about it all the time.
    and there's nothing wrong with not wanting to have sex until you feel that you love the person.

ReputationRep:
    While I can understand your arguement as I personally believe that most people have shifted and instead rush into sex too early when they don't know if their relationship is stable.

Having said that... I also read today. That most relationships serve a purpose of letting you grow, that if a relationship ends. That doesn't mean that it was a failure.

Are you waiting for one relationship where you both "love" each other and expect each other to be around for a long long while?

ReputationRep:
    a month is too soon to know, plus i can't really say coz i don't think i ever felt that way after just a month.
    like someone just said, i don't trust people easily either, guess that plays a part
    hmm well maybe thats an issue you need to address then.. not that there's anything wrong with not wanting to sleep with someone after a month or so but its just you are going to find it difficult to find a guy who's going to be willing to go for months without getting the physical side of the relationship, and though its easy to say 'if they dont want to wait, too bad' one day you might end up feeling very lonely when there's been however many break ups because the guy didnt want to wait...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 15, 2007
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.