Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    if i didnt get the grades (god forbid) and only missed by a small amount, and couldnt persuade the uni to take me, I'd possibly consider a remark. But I really doubt I would - I would only get a remark if I was seriously suprised with a mark. For example, If they gave me a C or something for Pure 3, I would explode! I know I did well in that exam. The only exams I think I did "significantly worse than I could have" were Chemistry trends and patterns and my option from that as well. But I'm well aware that those papers are already incredibly harshly marked, so I will be over the moon if I got As in those. But hopefully still overall it will be an A, I know I am completely capable of straight As, and I really really want them!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Misbah Imtiaz)
    I don't usually, I just accept it. But if my teacher told me to then I would. I got a remark done in January - my marks went up by 10 UMS marks.
    10? WOweee.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah! I usually get straight As or perhaps the odd B - but in Jan I got a low C in the subject that I had been working really hard in!
    I'm rather relying on the "oh my god how did that happen" effect, which has taken place every results day since GCSEs. But it didn't in January. I got like reasonable, conservative grades which related to my exam performance. Here's hoping it returns next week, god forbid my grades reflect how I found the exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willla2)
    if i didnt get the grades (god forbid) and only missed by a small amount, and couldnt persuade the uni to take me, I'd possibly consider a remark. But I really doubt I would - I would only get a remark if I was seriously suprised with a mark. For example, If they gave me a C or something for Pure 3, I would explode! I know I did well in that exam. The only exams I think I did "significantly worse than I could have" were Chemistry trends and patterns and my option from that as well. But I'm well aware that those papers are already incredibly harshly marked, so I will be over the moon if I got As in those. But hopefully still overall it will be an A, I know I am completely capable of straight As, and I really really want them!!!
    Ehh gl again.

ReputationRep:
    looking forward to the webcast of you eating your hat!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willla2)
    looking forward to the webcast of you eating your hat!
    Well don't hold your breath!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    10? WOweee.
    I know - I was pleased with that. But I did a resit anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    I'm rather relying on the "oh my god how did that happen" effect, which has taken place every results day since GCSEs. But it didn't in January. I got like reasonable, conservative grades which related to my exam performance. Here's hoping it returns next week, god forbid my grades reflect how I found the exam
    I'm usually one of those who is always lucky - (as my geog class mate keeps reminding me) I get the grades even if I don't try hard. I'm going to need lots of it on Thursday though - its the first time I really do not know how I have done.

ReputationRep:
    I'm usually one of those who is always lucky - (as my geog class mate keeps reminding me) I get the grades even if I don't try hard. I'm going to need lots of it on Thursday though - its the first time I really do not know how I have done.
    me too, there's so much room in the exams i took for me to have fallen and lost my A's completely, i'm terrified

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    me too, there's so much room in the exams i took for me to have fallen and lost my A's completely, i'm terrified
    That is why I'm slighty worried too. I went into my geog exam knowing that I only needed a C in the exam to get an overall A. I think I was way too laidback and screwed it all up as there were some difficult questions.

ReputationRep:
    That is why I'm slighty worried too. I went into my geog exam knowing that I only needed a C in the exam to get an overall A. I think I was way too laidback and screwed it all up as there were some difficult questions.
    ditto for me and biology! i just didn't care...i stuck anything down on the page cos i was so desparate to get it over and done with!

1000th post!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    ditto for me and biology! i just didn't care...i stuck anything down on the page cos i was so desparate to get it over and done with!

1000th post!
    So it wasn't just me then. That's good to know!

Congrats on the 1000th post!

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry Misbah Imtiaz and priya, you will ace those exams!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    awww..aren't you nice? You get rep!

ReputationRep:
    That's what I felt too for Econs . It's really worrying, because I felt that I answered one paper very poorly. Out of my 6 subjects, I've already got the results for Lit (CIE board) and I'm only nervous about Econs now... Eeek!

Good Luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilsunflower)
    That's what I felt too for Econs . It's really worrying, because I felt that I answered one paper very poorly. Out of my 6 subjects, I've already got the results for Lit (CIE board) and I'm only nervous about Econs now... Eeek!

Good Luck everyone!
    Did you do okay in your Lit? My problem was the fact that not one paper went "exceedingly well". They were all okay - ish. I think I did quite bad on one of my Eng Lit questions..it was worth 50 marks. But ah well, just got to wait for the results now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    aww thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    Did you do okay in your Lit? My problem was the fact that not one paper went "exceedingly well". They were all okay - ish. I think I did quite bad on one of my Eng Lit questions..it was worth 50 marks. But ah well, just got to wait for the results now!
    Yeppers. I got an A which was such a relief as I got only a borderline A last year. For my exams, only History and General Studies went "exceedingly well", Econs was quite terrifying, while I wasn't bothered with my Maths modules coz' I had already sat for 4 out of 6 and did well in the previous ones.

Don't worry though.. last year I was CONVINCED that I had flunked most of my exams. In fact, I bet a foot of my hair that I had failed, but I did very well to my surprise. Really, don't worry about it so much. It's only 1 week left GOOD LUCK btw.. really hope that you get the results you want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilsunflower)
    Yeppers. I got an A which was such a relief as I got only a borderline A last year. For my exams, only History and General Studies went "exceedingly well", Econs was quite terrifying, while I wasn't bothered with my Maths modules coz' I had already sat for 4 out of 6 and did well in the previous ones.

Don't worry though.. last year I was CONVINCED that I had flunked most of my exams. In fact, I bet a foot of my hair that I had failed, but I did very well to my surprise. Really, don't worry about it so much. It's only 1 week left GOOD LUCK btw.. really hope that you get the results you want.
    aww thanks!
    Last year when I did my exams I knew that I had definetly got atleast 2 As because all my exams went really well. (I got AAAB). However this yr, I reckon I have not done as well.
    You bet a foot of your hair? I'm not betting anything...because I tend to lose!
    Thankgod it's only a week away - :rolleyes: I really want to know so I can get things sorted out!

ReputationRep:
    Regarding remarks, I know someone who got given a D on their P3 exam in Jan. He was certain it was at least an A and demanded it to be remarked. When they looked at his paper they saw he had got an A and someone had entered it wrongly on his results sheet! So if you ever think your results sheet is wrong then demand a remark!

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.