Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clubber Lang)
    A lot of reporting going on around here.... I've only reported liek 3 or 4 times for very extreme language/behaviour.
    :eek: I've made about 200!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vector)
    lol, you little grasser!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clubber Lang)
    lol, you little grasser!
    Nah, they're rarely for swearing or whatever - the majority are asking for threads to be merged.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vector)
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    I'll let the managment deasl with that kind of crap. I notice a lot of threads get closed down becuase they veer off topic - ok fair enoug but why not just let them carry on with that new topic instead of closing it and causing even more threads..especially when the original topic has obviously been dealt with.

ReputationRep:
    My rep today went on the first reply to this post, yup.
    http://thestudentroom.co.uk/showthre...02#post9530102

I've made 6. Apparently. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wesetters)
    I'm made somewhere in the region of 825 - 850.
    That is actually ridiculous ;yes; :p:

I only ever post in 2 subforums though :p:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Today I repped someone in reply, but i generally like this person, so would have repped eventually anyway! (but looks like it gave them a yellow gem! )

ReputationRep:
    Positive: Funny posts, cool/nice posts, if I strongly agree with someone, users I like and helpful posts (occasionally). Sometimes for birthdays and also sometimes to say congratulations (for whatever) and a few more random reasons like that (i.e. welcoming users back). The last few examples are usually if I've found nothing else to rep.

Negative: Lame posts, stupid [and not in a funny way] posts, inappropriately insulting posts, trolls (sometimes), n00bs (well, it's usually them) who ask stupid questions, if I strongly disagree with someone, reciprocation. A lot of the time if I just don't like the user.

ReputationRep:
    Usually when I pos people it's because they're either funny or kind. And by 'kind' I don't mean "aaaawww poor you *huggles*"-type posts (though they're very sweet), but posts which show that someone has put a lot of thought and effort into helping a fellow human being. I love that kind of ****, I really do.:p:

When I was a newbie I once got pos rep for basically no reason whatsoever, you could totally tell that the guy was just getting a kick out of seeing that he, and he alone, was responsible for some random's person's extra gem. Thanks dude.

ReputationRep:
    5 days out of 7 i will have no real reason to pos anyone so i just pos the same few users over and over every few months, lol

ReputationRep:
    I usually return pos rep, and I nearly always return neg rep. There are like 2 people I neg every 14 days because I'm so tragic, but they're very disliked on here anyway *wants to name names* I also pos if I read something particularly thought provoking or well said. I also have a soft spot for fellow stoners and lefties so I like to rep them too.

ReputationRep:
    Neg rep: Confucius he say "if you can't take it, do not presume to give it"
    Pos rep: Confucious he say "if you do not have much to give then, give sparingly, if you have much to give, then give even more sparingly, that way we don't get threads with people moaning about all the high rep totals"

Amazing how he could of thought of all that before the internet was even a Glimmer in Jesus's eye.

Don't automatically return pos rep, that's just dumb, that's rewarding someone for rewarding you, wow they earned that? that's little more than a cheap mutual sexual thrill in the back of a taxi. Stop putting out because someone bought you a drink, you're not a whore :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    ^Gosh, you do bang on a lot about rep, lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profound)
    ^Gosh, you do bang on a lot about rep, lol
    There's a reason for that...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sidhe)
    Neg rep: Confucius he say "if you can't take it, do not presume to give it"
    Pos rep: Confucious he say "if you do not have much to give then, give sparingly, if you have much to give, then give even more sparingly, that way we don't get threads with people moaning about all the high rep totals"

Amazing how he could of thought of all that before the internet was even a Glimmer in Jesus's eye.

Don't automatically return pos rep, that's just dumb, that's rewarding someone for rewarding you, wow they earned that? that's little more than a cheap mutual sexual thrill in the back of a taxi. Stop putting out because someone bought you a drink, you're not a whore :tongue:
    Sidhe, I am not a whore! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sidhe)
    There's a reason for that...
    What's the reason again? I think I've forgotten :hmmmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cortez)
    What's the reason again? I think I've forgotten :hmmmm:
    Stop it! ....

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.