Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It may well prove to be a good call for the team but I don't think it'll do the manager any favours. He's looking desperate now. Calling on Beckham, Campbell, Heskey and James after they were dropped just admits defeat IMO. Heck he even tried to bring back Scholesy from international retirement - which, albeit a good move again, was delayed to the extent that it just looks beyond hope now.

I can't even confidently say we'll qualify.

ReputationRep:
    I hoped the day would never come when I saw Heskey back in the England setup. The worst thing is that it probably isnt a bad decision

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lil_zak)
    That place should be given to Joleon Lescott
    Joleon Lescott is called up to the England squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    I hoped the day would never come when I saw Heskey back in the England setup. The worst thing is that it probably isnt a bad decision
    Desperate times call for (very) desperate measures :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, looks like McClaren has been lurking around on the TSR Football forum taking my advice.. :ninja2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 37927)
    Hmm, looks like McClaren has been lurking around on the TSR Football forum taking my advice.. :ninja2:
    In which case the England fans around here will know who to blame when England get trounced by Israel :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalimyr)
    In which case the England fans around here will know who to blame when England get trounced by Israel :p:
    Only if he drops Rio :teeth:

Is there an official England squad for the next game btw (yet)? I can't find it.

ReputationRep:
    Goalkeepers: Paul Robinson (Tottenham), David James (Portsmouth), Scott Carson (Aston Villa).

Defenders: Micah Richards (Man City), Wes Brown (Man Utd), Rio Ferdinand (Man Utd), John Terry (Chelsea), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Phil Neville (Everton), Nicky ****** (Reading), Joleon Lescott (Everton).

Midfielders: David Bentley (Blackburn), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Joe Cole (Chelsea), Shaun Wright-Phillips (Chelsea), Michael Carrick (Man Utd), Gareth Barry (Aston Villa) Stewart Downing (Middlesbrough), Owen Hargreaves (Man Utd).

Forwards: Ashley Young (Aston Villa), Alan Smith (Newcastle), Michael Owen (Newcastle), Peter Crouch (Liverpool), Andrew Johnson (Everton), Jermain Defoe (Tottenham), Emile Heskey (Wigan).

ReputationRep:
    Why would he drop Rio? :laugh: He has been better for club this season and country since his 1st cap :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    thats two Tottenham players too many for England to be considered a "world - class" side.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abrp)
    thats two Tottenham players too many for England to be considered a "world - class" side.
    This is coming from an arsenal fan mind :p:

ReputationRep:
    Robo starting ffs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Robo starting ffs
    If England lose and Robbo makes a mistake, that decision will forever haunt ex England manager Steve McLown.

James and Carson would both have been better appointments.

ReputationRep:

Wo.

ReputationRep:
    Funny enough I saw that this morning and put it on my sig

Thats what I was thinking, this team is class

ReputationRep:
    Well, areas of it.

ReputationRep:
    It's so frustrating that we have such a talented squad but when playing together, they play crap. Bad manager, but most of all, can't gel together well.

ReputationRep:
    I do agree with you Jamie. But I don't think this is the team to gives the likes of Bentley and Pennant the chance to play in such crucial qualifiers. No disrespect to Pennant and Bentley

ReputationRep:
    Bentley is in the team but I agree with most of what you said. I dont know whether Lampard is guaranteed a starting position anymore as recently either Hargreaves or Carrick have been the central midfielder that lets Gerrard roam he does best.

ReputationRep:
    Yh Pennant recent form he shown suggest that he should be in the squad. If he performs as he is doing or even better. I'm sure he will be included next time

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.