Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The welcome letter should arrive a few days after sending the form off

ReputationRep:
    Track addiction is the worst! I had to limit myself to checking once a week last year otherwise I'd have never got anything else done.

ReputationRep:
    do the admissions people start looking at the applications as soon as they start receiving or is it just after 15 th oct that they start??

ReputationRep:
    Apparently UCAS sends all the med, vet, etc apps after 15th Oct, so the uni's receive all the apps for med at the same time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bonnie.grant)
    haha don't know if im jealous or not!
    how long did it take for your welcome letter to come?
    It took about a week to arrive I think.

And Becca Sarah I didn't know they were all sent off at the same time; I guess sending mine in earlier had no benefit whatsever then! Ah well :p:

ReputationRep:
    Not that anyone will get a confirmation letter this week anyway, thanks to Royal Mail.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure they get sent in batches and not all at once :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know if Newcastle will accept me with AAAAB at Higher rather than AAAAA? I'm doing Adv. Highers this year too... might I get a conditional?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    if newcastle say they require AAAAA then i'm afraid that's what they need!

ReputationRep:
    5 more days guys! Hehe yeah I remember the track addiction.

ReputationRep:
    Argh! Just got a message from my tutor saying my reference is ready and he wants to send it all on Monday!!! Not sure I'm ready for this...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    Apparently UCAS sends all the med, vet, etc apps after 15th Oct, so the uni's receive all the apps for med at the same time.
    Really? Bristol and Liverpool say they've already got my application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunspoon)
    Really? Bristol and Liverpool say they've already got my application.
    I'm pretty sure they send them in batches so if Bristol and Liverpool have your application, your other two unis will have them too.

ReputationRep:
    Imperial haven't written back yet but it does say on their website that it takes several weeks.

ReputationRep:
    They don't start looking at applications until after the 15th, but they recieve them on the date and before it. I think that's the point.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, sorry, think I got slightly mixed up with that; I think Person34 is right. Now that I think about it, I seem to recall someone getting their 5th choice offer before the UCAS deadline, so they must get sent before then.

ReputationRep:
    I WANT FRIKKIN' TRACK TO BE UPDATED ALREADY!

Strewth!

I've been on there loads - it goes something like this:

*Nothing*

Refresh.

*Nothing*

Refresh.

*Nothing*

GRRR!

I went to the Manchester Open Day and I was really tempted to ask them if they'd come to a decision about my application yet!

ReputationRep:
    Heh, give it time...got a few months maybe

ReputationRep:
    Will it come up on track if you have an interview, or will it just be their decision (i.e. offer/rejection)?

And has anyone applying to Nottingham received any info about their online questionnaire yet?

• Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    no, track only tells you about offers/rejections not interviews. you need to rely on good old fashioned snail mail for that....

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 16, 2009

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.