Three Little Pigs is now offensive. Watch

Laevis
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by totalfussball)
Typical example of a band-wagon-jumper...

Some of you really need a head scan.
Mostly well said. It's annoying when people don't have a clue what the hell they're on about, but just like to join in regardless. "PC gone mad innit lololoz!!".
Ferchichi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by L i b)
Of course. You're not one of those PC brigade that thinks we should let amoral heathens walk around this Other Eden willy-nilly are you?
I dont force religion onto anyone.
Spekka
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
were just following the flow of the mildly off topic thread
jaw
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Spekka)
were just following the flow of the mildly off topic thread
PANDAS.
Spekka
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
careful there jaw. if a judge hears you say that he might decide for another culture that its offensive to them and imply that we should all not talk about pandas in risk of being racist!
Quinion
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Right, I'm going to line myself up for the backlash.

You know what's more annoying that political correctness going mad? People going mad over political correctness going mad. Apparently the country must be going to the dogs because of a false abstract concept that the media is able to manipulate at the tiniest whiff. Case in point - tiny tiny insignificant judge at tiny tiny insignificant competition gets cold feet over an allegedly sensitive issue. Media then goes nuts and publishes the non-story because they know that the people of Britain like to read all about it and between themselves despair that the country is drowning in a metaphorical ocean of PC because everyone else, especially those nasty democratically-elected government-types, is obviously blind to what they and they alone can see.

You can still tell the Three Little Pigs story and nothing will happen. You can still sing Baa Baa Black Sheep to your children. You can call a linesman a linesman and not an assistant referee. It doesn't *****ing matter. The only reason you wouldn't be able to is if you announce to your class "well children, today I would tell you the story of the three little pigs, but apparently it's offensive in our backward society so I won't."

There's a much better response. Read the story, have a quiet chuckle to yourself that this judge is a bit over-sensitive and then move on with your positive life in a well-functioning first-world society. If you can do this, then the bloody stories will be dropped because eventually nobody will care that 0.0001% of the people are misguided. If you can't, because you get your kicks from whinging about the alleged state of the nation, then all that will happen is society WILL degenerate in self-despair.

I know there's a counter to my argument. I could even tell you exactly what it is. But I won't, because I expect to see it underneath this post. All I'll say is, complaning about people complaining about people complaning to infinity IS what British society is dragging itself down on, so the cutoff point would be at the source. So if you don't get upset in the first place...
manderlay in flames
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Quinion)
I know there's a counter to my argument. I could even tell you exactly what it is. But I won't, because I expect to see it underneath this post.
I think I'm going to write this at the end of every contentious post, it completely drained my will to argue
L i b
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
how can you say that everyone should be a Christian? thats so closed minded. there's no religion or faith that everyone 'should' have. people are free to choose and I'm an athiest anyway. i have no problem with religion and believe that there is something spiritual about the earth but i hate people forcing their religion on you. fair enough thats what you believe. you don't need to broadcast it to the rest of us.

im also not a big fan of religion in the first place as without religion this whole debate wouldnt be a problem in the first place, but then the world wouldnt be the same without it.

either way its off topic
I quite disagree. I'm right, you're wrong; and if you're wrong in matters spiritual then you are an affront to the Christian faith, God, the Church of England and the Christian monarchy and state. As such, you should be purged from this Earth as quickly as possible to meet your judgement.

Just like those blasted Muslims.
Spekka
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
but as British people we are good at moaning!!!

i agree nothing will come of such an insignificant opinion and no-one will take notice of it until Muslims begin marching the streets in protest. its still a mothers choice what she teaches and reads to her children. though depending how much of s fuss the media take, teachers might not be allowed to read it.
north bank gooner
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Well said, Quinion, I would rep you if I hadn't already given out rep today. Not that it's worth anything mind.
north bank gooner
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Just in case anyone hasn't noticed, L i b is being sarcastic. I hope so at least
SuperSam_Fantastiche
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I thought it was an attempt at being funny...
Spekka
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
sorry Lib but i don't agree with anyone as closed minded as you. its people who are so unnaccepting of others that cause all the trouble in the first place. and i don't believe in a hell or anything after death so ill die in good time and meet no judgment when i do because theres no such thing.

you want to be open about your opinion ill be open about mine. the exact thing that causes conflict!
Ferchichi
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ten years ago, when I was 7, I didnt like that story because it offended me and my religion.

NOT!

ARGH. Im going to stop posting here because its rather stupid. Its a bull**** article. Muslims dont care about it. Muslims didnt say anything about it. Its just someone who ASSUMED wed give a crap.

You see theres a lesson to be learnt here children. DONT ASSUME.

The end.
ps-I love that story, In fact I made my own version once, it was funny and I drew the pigs. It was actually a cross between the little red hen story and the three little piggies.
Spekka
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
and i dunno if hes being sarcastic or not. if hes being serious hes a tad ... odd
LawYah
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
surprised the police didnt get offended by the pig thing years ago.
north bank gooner
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Ferchichi)
Ten years ago, when I was 7, I didnt like that story because it offended me and my religion.

NOT!

ARGH. Im going to stop posting here because its rather stupid. Its a bull**** article. Muslims dont care about it. Muslims didnt say anything about it. Its just someone who ASSUMED wed give a crap.

You see theres a lesson to be learnt here children. DONT ASSUME.

The end.
ps-I love that story, In fact I made my own version once, it was funny and I drew the pigs. It was actually a cross between the little red hen story and the three little piggies.
:rofl:
Thud
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Apparently Jews don't exist anymore.
L i b
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
sorry Lib but i don't agree with anyone as closed minded as you. its people who are so unnaccepting of others that cause all the trouble in the first place. and i don't believe in a hell or anything after death so ill die in good time and meet no judgment when i do because theres no such thing.

you want to be open about your opinion ill be open about mine. the exact thing that causes conflict!
It wouldn't cause conflict if we all simply obeyed the teachings of our faith and stoned you to death. That's the only acceptance you should receive on this Earth. When the whole world is made Christian, and the New Jerusalem is built on England's green and pleasant lands, then we shall have no more conflict.

As for denying Judgement, it will not make it go away. You'll perish in the furnaces with the Beast for all eternity!
Donald Duck
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Why am I going to the UK to study again?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (2)
3.77%
They might tell the bully (5)
9.43%
I don't think they'd understand (10)
18.87%
It might lead to more bullying (19)
35.85%
There's nothing they could do (17)
32.08%

Watched Threads