billet-doux
Badges: 2
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Ahh right! We do January exams at my school!
Has it been like that at your school for a long time? Because i was kind of looking forward to doing Jan exams, as it takes the pressure off the summer!
trance addict
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
maths+mechanics
physics
chemistry
computing

im not sure of the degree i want to do.. considering changing physics for biology
billet-doux
cool, sounds goood! why are you thinking of changing to biology?
Don John
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I picked maths geography latin and biology i think

Instead i moved to a different college (cos im a traitor) and now im doing maths, further maths, physics history and english literature

:p:
duck-duck-goose
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
English Literature
Spanish
Maths
Physics

And then I might do French or Chemistry as a fifth.
purple-girl
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by piece_by_piece)
Ahh right! We do January exams at my school!
Has it been like that at your school for a long time? Because i was kind of looking forward to doing Jan exams, as it takes the pressure off the summer!
Well, I don't remember there ever being AS January exams, apart from Resits, though in the lower years you basically just know there are exams and don't care what they are and just tend to be interested, if anything, in when the sports hall will be free again! There are January exams at A2 though...I think in most subjects you do the 1st A2 module, and up to 2 AS resits. Then that summer you do the other A2 exams and any other resits.
trance addict
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
cool, sounds goood! why are you thinking of changing to biology?
if my grades end up good enough for dentistry/i flop physics

kind of stuck between career paths atm

might change the a2 module for as fm if i do really well
billet-doux
ahh righttt well good luckk! I'm thinking of medicine/dentistry too
ManUtdGirl
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I've chosen;
- Maths
- Biology
- Chemistry
- Physics

It sounds really intresting... I'm looking forward to getting started... even though loads of time left lol.

x
billet-doux
are you a future medicine applicant too?!
trance addict
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
ahh righttt well good luckk! I'm thinking of medicine/dentistry too
dentistry would be for the money though heh :\
Nimbus
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ManUtdGirl)
I've chosen;
- Maths
- Biology
- Chemistry
- Physics

It sounds really intresting... I'm looking forward to getting started... even though loads of time left lol.

x
Exactly what I have chose (FINALLY after like....MONTHS deciding whether to do physics or not.. )

I know I am going to miss all those subjects which I will not be carrying on with.. (of course we can always carry on them as hobbies but..I just feel sad, knowing they are not going to be my priorities..).
...And all the teachers: there are a lot of enthusiastic teachers at my school and now I have to face all those "scientific-brains" instead.XD
billet-doux
(Original post by hsn)
dentistry would be for the money though heh :\
Lol, shame i'm not going for the money aspect then! I'm just gonna choose nearer the time with whichever feels right
trance addict
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Lol, shame i'm not going for the money aspect then! I'm just gonna choose nearer the time with whichever feels right
Well i can only get into dentistry if i have astonishing grades at GCSE.. i might choose to switch if i do.. id really like to do comp sci at somewhere like cambridge though and then become an IB.. same thing my best friend (since 3 years old!) wants to do.. he wants to get into it via PPe though

oh well... we'll see where life takes us
***Anj
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
hahaha im doing Maths, Physics, DT - Product Design & Further Maths!!!! Eeeek.....hopefully it wont be tooo bad lol.....
JjrShah
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by suuuuuuseh)
It'd be interesting to see how different your final choices after your results might be; I was originally going to take English language and literature, French, Politics and Chemistry/PE I think, but now I'm doing English lang and lit, French, German and Geography. How things change! :p:
Yeah, my choices changed a lot. I was first planning on going for:
English Literature, Geology, Geography and German.

Now I'm doing:
Maths, Physics, Geology, English Lit., German and Classical Civ.!

In Y11 I went through a huge arts subject phase and hated science, but then I was forced my brother and parents to take Maths - most life changing thing ever :eek:. I hated Maths in Y11, and I love it so much now that I picked up Physics as well :O. Go science!
ManUtdGirl
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by yg110uk)
Exactly what I have chose (FINALLY after like....MONTHS deciding whether to do physics or not.. )

I know I am going to miss all those subjects which I will not be carrying on with.. (of course we can always carry on them as hobbies but..I just feel sad, knowing they are not going to be my priorities..).
...And all the teachers: there are a lot of enthusiastic teachers at my school and now I have to face all those "scientific-brains" instead.XD
Yeah physics was also my unsure one.
Lol. I was definate for the others, but unsure about physics.
I do enjoy it, but i dont know... i felt like maybe doing something different...
And yeah i get what you mean. That said i'm planning on continuing my fave subjects form them all.

And yeah i do hope to go into medicine... dont know though... It just seems really tough.

Anyone gone for interveiw at future colleges yet? I've got 2 next week... And a parents evening..
I'm a little worried (their both good schools, and the one's i want to get into...).

x
trance addict
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ManUtdGirl)
Yeah physics was also my unsure one.
Lol. I was definate for the others, but unsure about physics.
I do enjoy it, but i dont know... i felt like maybe doing something different...
And yeah i get what you mean. That said i'm planning on continuing my fave subjects form them all.

And yeah i do hope to go into medicine... dont know though... It just seems really tough.

Anyone gone for interveiw at future colleges yet? I've got 2 next week... And a parents evening..
I'm a little worried (their both good schools, and the one's i want to get into...).

x
Girls really hate physics.. i still dont understand why.. ?
billet-doux
Haha neither do i! I completely despise it :/
xx-Samantha-xx
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
aww whats wrong with physics it rocks hehe
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (141)
17.87%
It's just nice to be back! (213)
27%
Not great so far... (283)
35.87%
I want to drop out! (152)
19.26%

Watched Threads