Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It seems a bit pointless - they've shortened D1 and added it to D2.
    FP2 and 3 seem to have been switched.

Its strange reading the new spec that C4, D1 and D2 require none of the key skills defined by Edexcel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTallOne)
    FP2 and 3 seem to have been switched.
    And FP1 has had the differential equations almost completely removed - now it's just based on C1 and C2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louiscbrooks)
    Yes i've just confirmed that it's the answer with someone else. Hmm .. the riddle i'm not actually sure at the moment I bought this book and apparently this is one of the riddles contained in it i will put the answer in my sig when i find out.
    "Person A states that at least person A or B is a liar (never tells the truth). Is A a liar? And what about B "

I thought that if A was a liar then he would not be able to state if "at least A or B is a liar" since that would be telling the truth. Therefore A is not a liar, and so B must be a liar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turgon)
    "Person A states that at least person A or B is a liar (never tells the truth). Is A a liar? And what about B "

I thought that if A was a liar then he would not be able to state if "at least A or B is a liar" since that would be telling the truth. Therefore A is not a liar, and so B must be a liar.
    Yes that make a lot of sense... you may have solved the riddle.
    However if A was lying about A OR B being a liar A AND B COULD be liars not just A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louiscbrooks)
    Yes that make a lot of sense... you may have solved the riddle.
    However if A was lying about A OR B being a liar A AND B COULD be liars not just A.
    But it doesn't say A OR B, it only says AT LEAST one. A can't lie, as otherwise he would contradict himself. So one of them must be a liar, and the only other one is B.

What's the name of the book where you got this from? Does it have loads of other riddles?

ReputationRep:
    Scenario 1 (A cant lie) :: At least one of A or B is a liar and as A cant lie B must be the liar.
    Scenario 2 (A can lie) :: the statement "A states at least person A or B is a liar" is a lie, therefore we have no idea if B is a liar or not .
    I will start a thread in the maths forum so people can discuss.
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...2#post12766842

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_Mock_a_Mockingbird
    Heres the book it's written by Raymond Smullyan, it is basically a book on a type of logic called combinatory logic http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combinatory_logic
    He has written lots of other logic books "what is the name of this book?" is the widely regarded as his best. And yes most of his books are filled just with puzzles.,

ReputationRep:
    hi there. could someone please post the differentiation question which had two parts each worth 3 marks which preced the 6 marker quotient one. the differentiation for both parts required the product rule. Just the question please. Thanks .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waqy)
    hi there. could someone please post the differentiation question which had two parts each worth 3 marks which preced the 6 marker quotient one. the differentiation for both parts required the product rule. Just the question please. Thanks .

PM me for a MS and QP if you want, you will have to include your email address.

ReputationRep:
    does any1 have the MS still? i want to have another look lol thanks! rep to any1 hu can send it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shmyea)
    90% on C4
    I salute you. Good luck!!

I'm sitting on a 92% average at AS
    But I screwed up that M2(my strongest subject and the first M2 paper i've got below 90% on -.-.-.-.-) and i think my C3 went well today but im seriously dreading C4. not being modest here...I'm actually rubbish at C4, it totally eludes me
    Have you seen the mark scheme for M2???? If so where can i get it????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fairy_Pop)
    does any1 have the MS still? i want to have another look lol thanks! rep to any1 hu can send it
    I got it from alexsheppard11 if you PM him i think he'll send it to you!

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.