Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Imagine being part of 25.9% of black people and going down to 0.4% lol. And it suprises my friends when all the black people seem to know each other, which isn't hard considering theres like 6 of us in a school of over 1000 girls.

ReputationRep:
    herefordshire, #324. the only non-whites in my hometown were the people who owned the chinese takeaway.........

where i am now - leicester - is pretty diverse. you really notice it.

ReputationRep:
    There's no Welsh statistics but I'd hazard a guess at about 99% white in my area. There's about 3 or 4 people who would be considered second/third generation ethnic minorities, but to my knowledge no-one in my school (about 1200 people) was born anywhere other than the UK.
    I don't quite understand why a few people are getting annoyed at the lack of diversity in their area though - it may be slightly boring I suppose, but it's not exactly something to get angry about

ReputationRep:
    I'm number 280 (Vale Royal) with 98.8% of people being white. I'm not surprised- in all my years living there I never once saw a black person, a south-asian person or any other race except for two people of indian descent who went to my school. It's something to do with being in the countryside I think- something to do with immigration generations ago and nobody going to the countryside due to lack of jobs.

ReputationRep:
    Where I live in N Ireland, everyone is white, for miles around. Though term time in Birmingham, much more diverse.

ReputationRep:
    My area is 23rd: 75% white.

Leeds is a lot less diverse than I thought it would be..

ReputationRep:
    4th most diverse!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rye225)
    ^^ oh sorry my bad didnt see ur post, where abouts do u live in Brent and where r u movin to in harrow, i live in harrow
    I edited my post after your first one! And sorry, I'm not willing to reveal exact place names considering anyone can sign up & read these posts.

ReputationRep:
    stoke on trent is 107 in the part where i live thought there is manly whites but in a place called longton there is quite a lot of ethnic people. my mum used to work at the school there and there was fights between the whites and the asians not good.

ReputationRep:
    5th most diverse. Cool.

ReputationRep:
    I live in Hackney and it is very diverse.
    Many people just stereotype it to be Largely black populated.
    But theres a significant number of Turkish people, Asians and others.

ReputationRep:
    Oooh I'm sixth

ReputationRep:
    I'm 16th.
    Doesn't surprise me, we have a massive immigration office slap bang in the middle of the town. I like it.

ReputationRep:
    13 woooo

ReputationRep:
    Mine is 129th. Although I'm sure those statistics don't reflect the reality and the here and now, as Salford is incredibly racially diverse!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amandeep_Psych07)
    :ditto:
    It's crazy, Hounslow is number 13, but Richmond is number 61 :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm Barnet, 21st ethnically diverse.

Lol, Harrow is near the top, naturally :p:

ReputationRep:
    Mines white, white, white and has only ever elected a Labour MP once in 150 years in the existence of the constituency and that was after WW2 when everyone did

ReputationRep:
    not very. welcome to yorkshire! (outside of bradford and leeds)

ReputationRep:
    335th on the list, thats 19th from the bottom with 99.2% white. haha. its very rare to see other ethnic groups; can't remember the last time i saw a black person or an asian. Always a shock to visit big cities, but I love it, its nice to see diversity, makes a change from seeing the same white middleclass people.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.