The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

herefordshire, #324. the only non-whites in my hometown were the people who owned the chinese takeaway.........

where i am now - leicester - is pretty diverse. you really notice it.
Reply 101
There's no Welsh statistics but I'd hazard a guess at about 99% white in my area. There's about 3 or 4 people who would be considered second/third generation ethnic minorities, but to my knowledge no-one in my school (about 1200 people) was born anywhere other than the UK.
I don't quite understand why a few people are getting annoyed at the lack of diversity in their area though - it may be slightly boring I suppose, but it's not exactly something to get angry about :s-smilie:
Reply 102
I'm number 280 (Vale Royal) with 98.8% of people being white. I'm not surprised- in all my years living there I never once saw a black person, a south-asian person or any other race except for two people of indian descent who went to my school. It's something to do with being in the countryside I think- something to do with immigration generations ago and nobody going to the countryside due to lack of jobs.
Where I live in N Ireland, everyone is white, for miles around. Though term time in Birmingham, much more diverse.
My area is 23rd: 75% white. :smile:

Leeds is a lot less diverse than I thought it would be..
4th most diverse!
rye225
^^ oh sorry my bad didnt see ur post, where abouts do u live in Brent and where r u movin to in harrow, i live in harrow

I edited my post after your first one! And sorry, I'm not willing to reveal exact place names considering anyone can sign up & read these posts.
stoke on trent is 107 in the part where i live thought there is manly whites but in a place called longton there is quite a lot of ethnic people. my mum used to work at the school there and there was fights between the whites and the asians not good.
Reply 108
5th most diverse. Cool.
Reply 109
I live in Hackney and it is very diverse.
Many people just stereotype it to be Largely black populated.
But theres a significant number of Turkish people, Asians and others.
Reply 110
Oooh I'm sixth
Reply 111
I'm 16th.
Doesn't surprise me, we have a massive immigration office slap bang in the middle of the town. I like it.
13 woooo
Mine is 129th. Although I'm sure those statistics don't reflect the reality and the here and now, as Salford is incredibly racially diverse!
Amandeep_Psych07
:ditto:

It's crazy, Hounslow is number 13, but Richmond is number 61 :confused:
Hmm Barnet, 21st ethnically diverse.

Lol, Harrow is near the top, naturally :p:
Mines white, white, white and has only ever elected a Labour MP once in 150 years in the existence of the constituency and that was after WW2 when everyone did
not very. welcome to yorkshire! (outside of bradford and leeds)
Reply 118
335th on the list, thats 19th from the bottom with 99.2% white. haha. its very rare to see other ethnic groups; can't remember the last time i saw a black person or an asian. Always a shock to visit big cities, but I love it, its nice to see diversity, makes a change from seeing the same white middleclass people.
Reply 119
99% white doesn't mean it's not ethnically diverse btw

Latest