Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Nothing like. Some ways it's good. Some ways it's bad.

When I was a kid, I imagined myself to be with the same group of friend, not really look much different, still a chubby thing, very round face and everything, never had a girlfriend, but getting ready to go to Cambridge with AAAA at A-level to study to become a vet.

The friends - Moved on. Still keep in touch, but I have new friends, and they're great.
    The me - I'm not shubby, short, round faced etc. It's good.
    The girlfriend - Had a few, so could be worse.
    The Alevels - Hahaha, stupid procrastination.
    The Cambridge - :hahaha:
    The Vet - The only bit of it I think I regret not trying for. I'm not sure. Well, I sort of did. But when I went to a vets for work experience in year 10, I found out how many needle it involved. Those guys can't examine your dog without giving it 3 different injections. And I'm petrified of the things. So :vroam:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlybob)
    Nothing like. Some ways it's good. Some ways it's bad.

When I was a kid, I imagined myself to be with the same group of friend, not really look much different, still a chubby thing, very round face and everything, never had a girlfriend, but getting ready to go to Cambridge with AAAA at A-level to study to become a vet.

The friends - Moved on. Still keep in touch, but I have new friends, and they're great.
    The me - I'm not shubby, short, round faced etc. It's good.
    The girlfriend - Had a few, so could be worse.
    The Alevels - Hahaha, stupid procrastination.
    The Cambridge - :hahaha:
    The Vet - The only bit of it I think I regret not trying for. I'm not sure. Well, I sort of did. But when I went to a vets for work experience in year 10, I found out how many needle it involved. Those guys can't examine your dog without giving it 3 different injections. And I'm petrified of the things. So :vroam:
    From wanting to be a vet to studying maths at uni - what a change?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dealbreaker)
    Oh man, I know what you mean... I like TSR better though because the posts can be quite interesting, some funny stuff and a few are just crazy!

What's at the top of your goals list btw, I'm curious?
    right at the top is a question mark (?)
    am not really a material person so it would be satisfaction or as they call it 'self actualisation' in maslow's hierarchy.

after going around the world, buying a house somewhere nice, maybe a husband if i feel like it, i would probably quite my job and just relax :p:
    you?
    whats on the top of your list?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Veni_vidi)
    right at the top is a question mark (?)
    am not really a material person so it would be satisfaction or as they call it 'self actualisation' in maslow's hierarchy.

after going around the world, buying a house somewhere nice, maybe a husband if i feel like it, i would probably quite my job and just relax :p:
    you?
    whats on the top of your list?
    Unlike you I'm materialistic and also care about prestige. So at the top of the list would be making it to the very top of my profession - being a CEO or Managing Director.

I'm materialistic only because I think it will help pay for all the luxuries in life that I want (big house, fast cars, expensive hobbies, etc). I'm also into philanthropy and I think the best way to give something back is by working hard and giving away one's wealth. To do that, I need to be focused on being materialistic and acquiring prestige.

And yeah I'd also quite like to retire early and start enjoying life.

ReputationRep:
    Dude, I thought I'd be Wolverine from the X-Men!

ReputationRep:
    Unlike you I'm materialistic and also care about prestige. So at the top of the list would be making it to the very top of my profession - being a CEO or Managing Director.

I'm materialistic only because I think it will help pay for all the luxuries in life that I want (big house, fast cars, expensive hobbies, etc). I'm also into philanthropy and I think the best way to give something back is by working hard and giving away one's wealth. To do that, I need to be focused on being materialistic and acquiring prestige.

And yeah I'd also quite like to retire early and start enjoying life.
    i think you can retire early with a profession such as CEO, money can buy you lots of things, i just dont want to be too caught up with chasing my profession and not have fun, would like a yatch though so i would have to work hard for a while.
    i think i do care about status but i try and tell myself that i don't, i don't know why i do that as it could hold me back from doing big things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gan)
    Dude, I thought I'd be Wolverine from the X-Men!

on the creative side i thought i'd be xena

ReputationRep:
    Im a lot more confident than I imagined I'd be, and, dare I say, prettier, as I was a pretty ugly little child (even worse than now lol). I have more friends than I'd imagined, though as expected Im not in touch with many friends from before uni. They were little ****s in primary school and these types of people rarely change. I love speaking to them now as I can show how much I've grown into myself and changed for the better.

God, that makes me sound arrogant, which I definitely am NOT lol.

ReputationRep:
    Haha cool thread.
    I thought I would be a lot..cooler. And busier. And I thought I would've accomplished more. And had more friends. And a brighter future. But I think I can live with myself the way I am now

ReputationRep:
    From wanting to be a vet to studying maths at uni - what a change?
    I went from being a vet to studying maths at Uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xMiss_Sarahx)
    So i've been told. As the implant is often placed behind the muscle, so doesn't affect the breast tissue too much. Although apparently they don't decide whether to put the implant behind or infront of the muscle until they have you cut open on the table.
    I thought you had the choice? as behind the muscle tends to look more natural?

ReputationRep:
    I hoped I would be more composed, more athletic and slimmer.

I'm pretty much how I imagined I would be, mentally, if a little scatter brained at times. It is the physical side where I have let myself down.

ReputationRep:
    Um...yes and no. Not as in, x has turned out how I imagined, whereas y hasn't; it's just a feeling I have, that my personality is a composite of both reality and imagination, rather than wholly one or the other.

If I was to pin down somthing concrete, it would be that I'm not going to be a doctor.

ReputationRep:
    Lol in answer to some of your questions, not quite sure why i was warned....but yeah, i thought that i would be getting straight A's , doing more than 2 alevels, and would also be a gymnast. So not too much LOL
    funny how things turn out....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danielle89)
    Im a lot more confident than I imagined I'd be, and, dare I say, prettier, as I was a pretty ugly little child (even worse than now lol). I have more friends than I'd imagined, though as expected Im not in touch with many friends from before uni. They were little ****s in primary school and these types of people rarely change. I love speaking to them now as I can show how much I've grown into myself and changed for the better.

God, that makes me sound arrogant, which I definitely am NOT lol.
    why was I negged for this post???

ReputationRep:
    I thought I'd be fat.

REALLY fat.

So I'm happy that isn't the case

ReputationRep:
    I'm definitely not how I thought I would be at this age. I'm much, much happier, and have found the most amazing person to spend the forseeable future with. All is good And there's me thinking I was going to be a cat lady... ¬_¬

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.