Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Also im looking at manchester and they offer 2 economics cources,
    BSc and BA can you give me an insight into how each differ because the BSc seems to be for people who want to be economists whcih i dont really so just wonderin of this is true?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by cookie_monster333)
    thanks for that. in answer to ur question, i want to do straight economics as i think that gives you more job prospects and is more respected.
    I am looking at these unis atm,
    Manchester
    Birmingham
    York
    Sheffield
    Newcastle
    Leeds
    What do u think of them?
    Also ive been lookin at the times online tables and can i really trust them. They tel me things that even i know cant be true! lol thanks
    They're all solid universities, though I'd say York and Birmingham, then Manchester, and then the rest.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by cookie_monster333)
    Also im looking at manchester and they offer 2 economics cources,
    BSc and BA can you give me an insight into how each differ because the BSc seems to be for people who want to be economists whcih i dont really so just wonderin of this is true?
    The BSc is more quantitative, and is 'targeted' to those who want to become economists, though that said, you'd ideally need a MSc or PhD to become one, and really the BSc gives a lot of skills that are helpful in other careers as well.

Though, again that said, the BA at Manchester is very flexible and you can choose the same course content as the BSc but it simply means no options are compulsory.

ReputationRep:
    thanks again

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 21, 2009

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.