Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by affinity89)
    Just jumping in to say, no I wouldn't. Firstly, I don't judge people on what they wear, less still where the clothes came from. And, if someone told me they were dressed all in primark stuff then, apart from the issues surrounding their clothing production, I would just think they liked the stuff so got it / wanted to spend their money on something else / didn't have money to waste buying expensive things that are mostly inflated due to the brand name.

Just my view on the issue.

=D
    Thank God, another normal person, was beginning to think I was the only person who didn't scan someones clothes, work out how much the cost and then judge them accordingly. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by circlesquaretriangle)
    hang on tinkerbee i never suggested that you were spoilt or arrogant, lets get that clear. if you interpretted my questions as that then im sorry.
    Tis ok, i was merely answering your questions and making reference to that krissssssssssss dude at the same time :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I have a £60 coat
    I cant believe how much some people spend!
    ever heard of chairty shops?
    =P

ReputationRep:
    I have two items of bespoke clothing that set me back about £400 a piece. They were both designed by me and made to my measurements out of beautiful fabrics, so I consider them worth it, and if I could save up the money again I'd gladly buy something else of that quality!

I don't buy designer clothes since I couldn't give a toss about labels.

Other than that I mostly wear pretty cheap stuff - Never spend more than about £30 on every day clothes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpearson)
    Oh my gosh, i'm sat here with my mouth wide open.
    The most i have spent on anything myself is er, 40 quid. I have a dress that costs 60 though? aha
    Same!! Only the other day I bought myself my end of year ball dress and that was only £30 from TXMaxx (recommended retail price £100 though mwah). That is seriously the most amount of money I have ever spent on one item of clothing. Why pay so much on one item when you can get far more for the same amount of money?

Apart from that I have a £350 watch that was given to me....that I rarely wear because its so expensive and I'm afraid to break it.

My favourite bargains from TXMaxx have to be my £1 Calvin Klien suit jacket (wasn't even damaged) and my £3 Ralph Lauren polo shirt.
    And my favourite present has to be a seond hand Dior handbag, thank god for a rich family friend XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krisss)
    I wouldnt say it works that way.
    To be honest by the looks of your profile picture no matter what you had on you'd look good.
    So why one way and not the other?

Don't hide your double standards by flattery, it shall get you nowhere

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxCurly-TopxX)
    I have a £60 coat
    I cant believe how much some people spend!
    ever heard of chairty shops?
    =P
    Chanel skirt, charity shop. Get in :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Probably my J Lindberg black sleevless sweater which i brought for 130 Euro's.

If Sunglasses count as clothing then id say my Kimi Raikonnen edition of Tag Hauer shades is most expensive at 260 Euro's.

Note that Im into foreign brands hence why i brought them abroad and paid in Euro's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinkerbee)
    So why one way and not the other?

Don't hide your double standards by flattery, it shall get you nowhere
    I dont judge either way. I have friends who wear Vivenne Westwood and some who wear stuff from BHS. It doesnt matter. What I am saying is its stupid buying things for the sake of a brand. Your turning that into an argument about yourself.

And you are being a total hypocrit, it says on your profile "I will judge you on first impressions. It will take a lot to change that impression." And your claiming its bad that I allegedly judge people on first impressions aswell.

ReputationRep:
    i once spent £40 on a jumper and felt guilty about it for weeks!! i still have clothes from 4 years ago that i still wear in fact im wearing them now lol, i just cant justify spending so muich money on clothes in my head

ReputationRep:
    I dont judge either way. I have friends who wear Vivenne Westwood and some who wear stuff from BHS. It doesnt matter. What I am saying is its stupid buying things for the sake of a brand. Your turning that into an argument about yourself.

And you are being a total hypocrit, it says on your profile "I will judge you on first impressions. It will take a lot to change that impression." And your claiming its bad that I allegedly judge people on first impressions aswell.
    You said that people who wear abercrombie were upper class psoh american influenced something or others
    Meh I cant be bothered :rolleyes:

And it doesn't say I judge people on how they dress... :confused:
    And you my dear, may not have made the best first impression

ReputationRep:
    i resent spending lots of money on clothes i hardly ever wear because im scared to ruin them, like i have some things that have cost alotttt that ive worn like 3 times max, but then h&m tops ive worn to death!

my biggest weakness is shoes though, oh and watches =]

anyway the phrase, "if you have to ask, you can't afford it" comes to mind here!

ReputationRep:
    'What I am saying is its stupid buying things for the sake of a brand'

yes it is stupid to let brands cloud how the item itself but for the love of god could it be possible that she may actually like the look of the clothes that she wears and therefore makes a purchase?!! could it be? no never!

everything is branded these days. why go to sainsburys when you can go to aldi? why? because a good majority of the time you can taste the difference.

ReputationRep:
    Most of my clothes are from mid pricerange brands...The only clothing I have from a high fashion designer is a Chloe jumper :/ If I want something nice I get accessories rather than clothes- scarves, bags etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by circlesquaretriangle)
    'What I am saying is its stupid buying things for the sake of a brand'

yes it is stupid to let brands cloud how the item itself but for the love of god could it be possible that she may actually like the look of the clothes that she wears and therefore makes a purchase?!! could it be? no never!

everything is branded these days. why go to sainsburys when you can go to aldi? why? because a good majority of the time you can taste the difference.
    Thank you, that is my point

And was the sainsbury's taste the difference bit intentional?

ReputationRep:
    You said that people who wear abercrombie were upper class psoh american influenced something or others
    Meh I cant be bothered :rolleyes:

And it doesn't say I judge people on how they dress... :confused:
    And you my dear, may not have made the best first impression
    I didnt say that, I that thats what the brand was. You cant be bother because your losing, your at a point where your saying you dont like me for the sake of arguement. The first impressions of a person is partly to do with appearance, I.e what they wear.

ReputationRep:
    I have a £350 tanned leather jacket, a £400 fitted suit and an £800 watch (my dad bought me this one, tho the first 2 i bought myself). i do also have a lovely diamond necklace which i was given by an uncle but he refuses to tell me its value, i'd imagine a lot though.

apart from that most of my clothes are pretty standard, mostly hm andriver island sort of thing.

ReputationRep:
    I didnt say that, I that thats what the brand was. You cant be bother because your losing, your at a point where your saying you dont like me for the sake of arguement. The first impressions of a person is partly to do with appearance, I.e what they wear.
    The way you wrote it implied that it was YOUR opinion... I am not aware that abercrombie has that as their advertising strapline :rolleyes:

I never said I didn't like you, you just come across as a bit of an arse (no doubt so do I ) and very stereotypical.

Your first impressions may be to do with appearance. Mine are not.

ReputationRep:
    80 quid prada t-shirt lol.

ReputationRep:
    The way you wrote it implied that it was YOUR opinion... I am not aware that abercrombie has that as their advertising strapline :rolleyes:

I never said I didn't like you, you just come across as a bit of an arse (no doubt so do I ) and very stereotypical.

Your first impressions may be to do with appearance. Mine are not.
    "The highest quality, casual, All-American lifestyle clothing for aspirational men and women." Thats there strapline. I think you can interpret that as what I ve said. And yes I do judge on apperance, its human nature.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.