I'm sorry, but things have gone a little bit too far now: Watch

zippz
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by forgottenromeo)
I meant they in the broad term for, in this case muslims, people who complain about things going against their religion in a country where they are in religious terms guests. The uk is supposed to be a christian dominated country and run on christian principles, if they have a problem with that then no-one is making them stay.

I would say it to jews, and would probably get a laugh, most of my family are jewish.

Ok. But I just think you are very narrow minded and your iews aren't fair. Like I said this is one person's view not all, and because one person has this view you're like 'oh he can just leave the country', which Im fine with but it does seem like your saying 'they ALL should'.

And yes it is funny how you keep going on about a christian country when you have a jewish family.[which beig jewish is fine-but you seem to be saying things like this is a christian country yet my familys jewish-so its a bit of a hypocrit of you to say they should leave and if your family had views would you say the same to them?
forgottenromeo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by i_<3_you)
hmm ok.. well everyone is like that, i guess... i know what you mean.... i wouldnt want to come across those muslims..if i met them, and they behaved like that.. but in the 1st place, why are they behaving like that..muslims arent meant to be like that... :rolleyes: but hey its life...

Theres always people like that no matter what religion even among atheists.

Problems start when you get people trying to accomidate them all. There are certain levels of tolerance, not everything has to suit everyone.
forgottenromeo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by zippz)
Ok. But I just think you are very narrow minded and your iews aren't fair. Like I said this is one person's view not all, and because one person has this view you're like 'oh he can just leave the country', which Im fine with but it does seem like your saying 'they ALL should'.

And yes it is funny how you keep going on about a christian country when you have a jewish family.[which beig jewish is fine-but you seem to be saying things like this is a christian country yet my familys jewish-so its a bit of a hypocrit of you to say they should leave and if your family had views would you say the same to them?

I did only mean it in the case of the people who are complaining. If its something big like say stopping them praying on a holy day or some such, then they are fine to complain i'd encourage it. If it was for something as piddling as an advert with a puppy then its just being pedantic.

If any of my family where to suddenly say come out and say everyone in england should stop eating pork because its offensive, then i would tell them to p*ss off and move to a different country.

The uk is a christian dominant country, it has been for a very long time. Members of other religions have just as much right to vote as everyone else, so they can have their say just as everyone else does.

Its the ones that abuse the government and political correctness because they can or because they enjoy getting their own way. Those are the people that are the problem. Something that is legitimatly a problem is a fair enough point, but pedantics is just annoying.
forgottenromeo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ssk2)
But this isn't a 'Muslim POV', its a MINORITY view, not one shared by many.
That was my point. If it affected the majority then fair enough but a minority can just go somewhere that caters better to them. If a muslim country doesn't suit people who are claiming insult over things they find offensive due to being muslim then they are only really doig it for attention.
forgottenromeo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ssk2)
But this isn't a 'Muslim POV', its a MINORITY view, not one shared by many.
That was my point. If it affected the majority then fair enough but a minority can just go somewhere that caters better to them. If a muslim country doesn't suit people who are claiming insult over things they find offensive due to being muslim then they are only really doing it for attention.
electriic_ink
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Democracy)
**** that rag. Daily mail sucks.
Don't shoot the messenger
beesbees
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Just seen this, and can't believe how blatent the spin is. So, one shopkeeper doesnt want to put up an advert, and suddenly he's OUTRAGED over a CUTE dog?

What a joke of a paper.
Becksy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well I don't think any muslim should complain about it, I wouldn't go to another country and complain. People who come here need to respect our culture. Sorry but its true.
Envy Eyes
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Dill)
Eurgh, how could anyone be petty enough to complain about that?!
That's the point, people will complain about anything if you give them the chance.
I'm all for not offending people, but frankly it's just petty to kick a fuss over something like this, especially when you consider that those types of dogs are traditionally used in the police force anyway, so what is the problem.
h82think
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by zippz)
Exactly you should have said chrisitna country not society.

So what if it is?

Would you like it if you wanted to live soemwhere else and people disciminted you? No. You might even have your views if you lived somewhere else and if you were laughed at would you like it ? No. But the fact reamins just because one muslim doesn't like a view of something like I said doesnt mean all do and doesn't mean you can go round syaing things like'get em out of our country, why dont they just piss off'.

The world is a free place. This country is a free country. This mans views have probably just been twtised so the daily mail can get the story they need. Desperate. ever heard of it?.

Plus it's like muslims from pakistan were called over here. They didn;'t just some where they weren't welcome. Muslims were asked over to do labouring work and the mulsim population developed. Whats wrong with that.

Okay I guess you're saying those muslims that have wrong views should leave but I hope you don't mean all and you don't mean that all muslims shouldn't be in a so called christain country

so are you saying Jews, Hindus,Sikhs and other religions shouldn't be in a CHRISTIAN country too?

Damn how sad is that.
Perhaps I'll give an example to explain my point:

Jewish people do not eat Pork, yet in Golders Green (for example), mainly a Jewish area, you can find butchers that sell pork. Do Jewish people complain, no, why? because they are in a Christian country where Pork is eaten!
Becksy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I did only mean it in the case of the people who are complaining. If its something big like say stopping them praying on a holy day or some such, then they are fine to complain i'd encourage it. If it was for something as piddling as an advert with a puppy then its just being pedantic.

If any of my family where to suddenly say come out and say everyone in england should stop eating pork because its offensive, then i would tell them to p*ss off and move to a different country.

The uk is a christian dominant country, it has been for a very long time. Members of other religions have just as much right to vote as everyone else, so they can have their say just as everyone else does.

Its the ones that abuse the government and political correctness because they can or because they enjoy getting their own way. Those are the people that are the problem. Something that is legitimatly a problem is a fair enough point, but pedantics is just annoying.
Agreed.
Envy Eyes
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
There are certain levels of tolerance, not everything has to suit everyone.
I agree, or rather I agree that you can't make something which completely suits everyone. There will always be the possibility for offense to arise out of an issue. However, in this case it's just nitpicking imo - dogs are used in the force so there being a picture of a dog on something to do with the force isn't unreasonable.
If they retract the ads, what next? A ban of dogs being used in the force?
forgottenromeo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Just as a point to zippz this isn't a free country, the only place that alows freedom of speech is picadilly circus. Its not america despite what people seem to think.
zippz
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by h82think)
Perhaps I'll give an example to explain my point:

Jewish people do not eat Pork, yet in Golders Green (for example), mainly a Jewish area, you can find butchers that sell pork. Do Jewish people complain, no, why? because they are in a Christian country where Pork is eaten!

How do you know if Jewish people don't complain.
Do you know them all?:laugh:
I think your statement is very incorrect to say the least.
Im positivie at least one might.

The point is just because one jewish person complains doesn't mean all Jewish people do and all agree with this ONE jewish person. Same for muslims and this advert.

My point concluded.
tucker672
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Daily_Mail)
The advert has upset Muslims because dogs are considered ritually unclean
WTF yet they eat cows and chickens. I am not being racist but dogs are a lot cleaner ritually and literally.

That advert is awesome, keep it were to Politcally Correct anyway.

Grant ;D
zippz
Report 10 years ago
Just as a point to zippz this isn't a free country, the only place that alows freedom of speech is picadilly circus. Its not america despite what people seem to think.
what I mean is free opinions and views as long as it doesn't break the law.
forgottenromeo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by zippz)
what I mean is free opinions and views as long as it doesn't break the law.
you can have opinions and views, doesn't mean you are entiled to voice them. For the most part the government doesn't care what you say or think, in theory it is only such opinions and views that my result in harm comming to others that are banned. Thats things such as racism and sexism and so on.

In actuality all it is, is political correctness gone wrong and people abusing the power they gain from being "minorities". Before people jump down my throat, i know its not everyone i am talking in the specific of the people who do.
zippz
Report 10 years ago
you can have opinions and views, doesn't mean you are entiled to voice them. For the most part the government doesn't care what you say or think, in theory it is only such opinions and views that my result in harm comming to others that are banned. Thats things such as racism and sexism and so on.
In actuality all it is, is political correctness gone wrong and people abusing the power they gain from being "minorities". Before people jump down my throat, i know its not everyone i am talking in the specific of the people who do.

:hmmmm:
isn't that whats I JUST said!! Pfftt
Norfolkadam
Badges: 15
Report 10 years ago
I don't know whether anyone has actually noticed how crap the advert is.

It's a dog in a hat. What the heck has that got to do with policing. Indeed even the phone is a ring dial which is pointless. You need a touch-tone phone to dial the police non-emergency numbers.

Of course the complaints are ridculous but this is the Daily Mail meaning whatever happened might have done but with 200x less fuss.
forgottenromeo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by zippz)
:hmmmm:
isn't that whats I JUST said!! Pfftt
No.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (164)
38.95%
No - but I will (23)
5.46%
No - I don't want to (31)
7.36%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (203)
48.22%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise