UCL (bartlett) hard to get in? Watch

addison1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by 9mm)
addisson- You've got a really interesting way of drawing, nice :p: life drawing is great.

haha those are awesome inferences. nice sculpture idea, I'd love to work with metal.
thanks haha , life drawings is always funnnnn!!:yep: best way to train your observation skills
inferences
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by 9mm)
Thanks, yeah I'll definitely try that. :p: I've seen oil paint on a rusted plate as a canvas and I know what you mean. There's this artist that painted a really nice portrait of a face on a rusted plate for a canvas and everything was crackled and dripping into each other. Was great. And the image was semi-transparent so you could see the rust as well.

Edit: are you using molten beeswax? if so, you'll have a looot of fun with it. I remember for my unit 7 exam, I did so many different experiments with molten liquids and materials fused together, was great.
i'm not sure actually, i think it's just bog standard candle wax from any old thing, but i'll check for you we just have this wax bath melty-thingy at school that my friend was using for her project so i was like "ooooh opportunity to make an epic mess, yay!" so i just ended up using some without really thinking about it.

also, hahah life drawings always make me cringe. last year, my friend and i just SLATED the poor woman. quietly of course. but we were really just jealous of her massive bust ahhahaa.
9mm
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by inferences)
i'm not sure actually, i think it's just bog standard candle wax from any old thing, but i'll check for you we just have this wax bath melty-thingy at school that my friend was using for her project so i was like "ooooh opportunity to make an epic mess, yay!" so i just ended up using some without really thinking about it.

also, hahah life drawings always make me cringe. last year, my friend and i just SLATED the poor woman. quietly of course. but we were really just jealous of her massive bust ahhahaa.
If it's candle wax you're better off using beeswax and they smell nice

haha yeah I don't know where most of the life models come from, and it's terrible pay for the amount of hours they put in (wasn't there like a strike or something a while back?) :eyeball:
addison1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by 9mm)
If it's candle wax you're better off using beeswax and they smell nice

haha yeah I don't know where most of the life models come from, and it's terrible pay for the amount of hours they put in (wasn't there like a strike or something a while back?) :eyeball:
mine was like 3x years old X_X
i guess they have quite high pay as not many people wanted to be a life drawing model for college

i think scuplture are so time consuming to be made , it made me mad spending hrs on making some wire model.
inferences
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by addison1)
i guess they have quite high pay as not many people wanted to be a life drawing model for college

i think scuplture are so time consuming to be made , it made me mad spending hrs on making some wire model.
i get what you mean. it's pretty frustrating. i'm not much a sculpture person, this is the first i've done in about two years, but i always have these ideas i keep drawing and i never get round to doing them. so i though... why not, you know?
9mm
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've never tried wire sculptures.

Perhaps it was just in london, because I remember this class I went to about 2 years ago and they said they were having real difficulty finding people to model because many models were on strike or something like that. I'd have thought they'd get higher pay in London.

Edit: I've been doodling and jotting down ideas now in my sketchbook for the past hour so I guess this thread kind of gave me some inspiration. great idea :p:
addison1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by 9mm)
I've never tried wire sculptures.

Perhaps it was just in london, because I remember this class I went to about 2 years ago and they said they were having real difficulty finding people to model because many models were on strike or something like that. I'd have thought they'd get higher pay in London.

Edit: I've been doodling and jotting down ideas now in my sketchbook for the past hour so I guess this thread kind of gave me some inspiration. great idea :p:
oh i see
our life drawing class model isnt english either, she is from somewhere Europe :yep:
SSze
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
no more lovely pictures of works?
inferences
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by SSze)
no more lovely pictures of works?
just what i was thinking!
addison1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
here we go~ another one then

a study of a violin
SSze
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
is that pen / digital ?

i did loads of violin =D
usually because i couldn't continue practicing,

i like how its contrasted,
violins always look quite .. sensual to me.
i like its curves more than the sound it produces (when i'm the violinist)
addison1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i used pen for that drawing
i actually did a lot of violin penic drawings but they are just too boring so i created one in a different way lol
i just love the shape of all musical instrument, all so pretty :]
inferences
Report 10 years ago
i used pen for that drawing
i actually did a lot of violin penic drawings but they are just too boring so i created one in a different way lol
i just love the shape of all musical instrument, all so pretty :]
saxophone = by far and the way the most sexy instrument on the planet
i love it, by the way. it's great.
+epic
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
for sensuous, the harp is something

for sexy, a violin just tops the saxaphone lol :p:
SSze
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
when you start wiping the saliva off the sex just vanishes
addison1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
yes saxophone sounds sexy, i love its sounds
+epic
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
oh come on guys we completely forgot the triangle, the supreme sexyiness of instruments!
addison1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
triangle piano!!!!!
slokcin
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
-------
SSze
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
what do you mean 'too graphic' ? the colors there are amazing
whats wrong with obese man
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
39.11%
No - but I will (46)
6.81%
No - I don't want to (50)
7.41%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (315)
46.67%

Watched Threads