Does death scare you? Watch

charlotteb08
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Absolutely! I think its because I'm scared of the unknown and what/if anything happens after death.
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Robob)
Sorry to break it to you, but Dumbledore isn't real.
:eek:

I know that! It doesn't stop what he said (or should I say what J.K. Rowling said?!) from being true
Malinski
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Sometimes, like when i found out that someone i know has died, than i get thinking and it scares me a little, actually alot! But i guess im usually so caught up with things that i don't really think about death.
teily
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
nope. i welcome it w/open arms.
unfinished sympathy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
when i was at school i did, and the thought of my mum and dad dying really upsets me, and still does, but ever since i started work in a chemist, i've kind of accepted- not like i've got much choice lol, but still you get used to it. One week you have customer coming in that you chat with, the next week he/ she is dead or their spouse is. If i don't see someone for a while, an OAP, then i wonder if they have died, especially if they come in regularly. I have one old man that loved his wife and used to come in for medication for both he and his wife, and since his wife died i've seen him once. this was maybe five months ago, and i wonder if he's died too or committed suicide or something, he was such a lovely man and was devastated when his wife died that i don't know what to think.

death is sad, but a part of life, i don't think i'll ever shrug it off, but you do slightly numb yourself to it, and i am therefore not as scared as i used to be.
halewoodhawk
Report 10 years ago
I'm not scared of it at all really. I assume if I come face to face with a murdering maniac my feelings may change but at the end of the day, whether it was a painful slow death or a quick amazing grand one (like a threesome at 100 years old...GTA anyone :P?) i'm not going to be worrying about it afterwards am i?!

It'll be fun to see what the other side is. If it is nothing...how do you experience Nothing. That's as interesting to me as Heaven/Hell/Purgatory/Buddha w/e is to Theists. I don't believe in any kind of afterlife but if I'm proven wrong, nothing lost eh?!
Stikki
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Not really, because I know I have my whole life ahead of me. Perhaps when I'm old and there aren't anymore paths to take I will.
Yawn-er
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Heh. I had a vivid nightmare about this the other day. World War III, and there were nuclear bombs being thrown left, right'n'center. Figured I'd die... and I could sort've see a bomb falling down from the sky. The blast 'killed' me... I could sort've feel my heart stop.

'Twas weird. But, nah. Death isn't particularly scary. I just hope I die a quick/painless death. >.<!
xJessx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm scared because I just can't imagine not existing. What if you're conscious but it's just darkness and you're by yourself? As long as I don't die young, I think I'll come to terms with it eventually.
Dr. Unk
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by xJessx)
I'm scared because I just can't imagine not existing.
How did it feel in the year 1703?
xJessx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Dr. Unk)
How did it feel in the year 1703?
I don't know because I can't imagine it, the same way I can't imagine not being here in 2400. Obviously I wasn't feeling anything but that still doesn't make me feel any better.
The_Bear
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I take it none of you have looked into the eye of a dying person? I have. Begging for their lives, it's pathetic. The sweet release of death is nothing of the sort, the devil rips their soul from them.

Sorry Dexter moment. Death and dying are completely seperate. You can't fear death because you can't feel anything. You should fear dying because there are a number of gruesome ways to die.

Like bleeding to death having been mauled with a spoon watching your loved ones getting raped, if you don't fear that then you're probably a psycho.
Downesey
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I just always feel like theres something you will miss if you die. I sometimes think about death, and up until recently iv never lost someone close to me so iv not experienced the feeling, but now i know, id just feel bad putting anyone through that. I know that sounds very horrible but losing someone crushes you and completely ****s everything up.

I also thing there is dieing and being taken. Dieing is living to the most your physical body can acheive before passing. Being taken is your life ending leaving loose ends.

So long way round, yes, i am scared of being taken, but if i die, i know il be without regret
trefusis128
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by The_Bear)
Like bleeding to death having been mauled with a spoon watching your loved ones getting raped, if you don't fear that then you're probably a psycho.
*Sharpens his spork* :cool:

I completely agree with your post
i_<3_you
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
im not scared of death.........everyone faces it, one day.... im scared though of the people i love, God Forbid, but parents or brothers die. id be very scared.... i dont like thinking of it, but again, we all go at one point in our lives..i just hope i die happily, and without pain.........but who knows what will happen then??!! :s
NotQuiteCornish
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Death never used to scare me.

Though today I was on some wild B road between St Ives and Nancledra and on accelerating out of a 90-degree bend my car went out of my control in a bit of a tank slapper-style series of skids. At 50mph. With an oncoming 106 rapidly getting closer.

It was a feat of PlayStation-enhanced quick reactions that stopped me writing off two cars or slightly denting a dry stone wall with a pile of twisted ex-VW Golf.

So yeha, I think it classifies as a near death experience in a sense! Scared the bejesus out of me...
Downesey
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Yawn-er)
Heh. I had a vivid nightmare about this the other day. World War III, and there were nuclear bombs being thrown left, right'n'center. Figured I'd die... and I could sort've see a bomb falling down from the sky. The blast 'killed' me... I could sort've feel my heart stop.

'Twas weird. But, nah. Death isn't particularly scary. I just hope I die a quick/painless death. >.<!

Not long ago i had a dream like that. But i was at work and i saw a suspicious looking asian guy, he freaked out and revealed a bomb (terrorist attack at wilkinson) nd it was so real, cus i ran in the direction i knew i would, my blood ran cold, and all i could think was "this is it, not now" then i forced myself awake. It was a very harrowing experience(?) I never knew id be so scared. I shouldnt have taken it seriously but i did nd i can still remember it vividly unlike most dreams
Captain Biggles
Badges: 2
Report 10 years ago
Death itself doesn't scare me, but dying prematurely certainly does. I want to see my children, and possibly my children's children grow up and be there for the big milestones in their lives. Basically all the goals that any human being wants to meet during the course of their life. I'm a stupidly over-nostalgic kinda guy so I'll be visiting places that have given me all the good memories and recalling all the faces of my friends and family for my final years. Probably a waste of time, but then that's just me!
Prince Rhyus
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The process of dying does but death itself? Not anymore. It used to as a kid because I couldn't get my head around the concept of living forever in an afterlife as taught by Christianity and going to heaven.
gooner1991
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I used to be petrified of death but now I don't see the point of being scared of something that is inevitable.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (344)
37.84%
No - but I will (72)
7.92%
No - I don't want to (65)
7.15%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (428)
47.08%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise