Next Year Societies Watch

emmarainbow
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Why not? It'd be the bestest society ever!
loopylauren
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Woo :woo: I can't wait
apricot
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Noshi)
Join the Horse Riding Club!!!!!
( am social sec/ trip organiser for coming year)

its not the classic stereotype at all (otherwise i would have been thrown out loooong ago)
and the socials are always a good giggle/drunken mess, as well as discount at local riding schools and trips away etc etc
and.....
Club of the Year last year!!

the conservation club is also a really well organised club, with activities every Saturday

I will be joining the riding club this time i miss horse riding so so much
BexTait
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Oooo, if you do get a **** Soc, and hoodies, can I please have one? Why not get it as an official soc, you could even have non-alcoholic cocks so as not to completely go against the responsible drinking do dah.
Invisible Painting
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by BexTait)
Oooo, if you do get a **** Soc, and hoodies, can I please have one? Why not get it as an official soc, you could even have non-alcoholic cocks so as not to completely go against the responsible drinking do dah.
Well, you can get non alcoholic cocktails...no one's saying you can't get those...
BexTait
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I know, but if you wanted it as an official soc, you'd probs have to have the responsible drinking malarkey. There used to be a drinking society, but got stopped for various reasons.
apresmoi
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I'm sure we could support responseable drinking you know. Be careful on the stella! Don't mix your drinks, try not to destroy your liver etc.

We could also have reasons like "We enjoy cocktails for the exotic tastes" and "Creating Cocktails is something we consider an artform. Have you seen the acrobatics those pro's can pull?" etc

we could even intend to have workshops
emmarainbow
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
There are so many ways to bull **** into having a proper society just for the name and drinking!
loopylauren
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yay! Get thinking on ideas folks! If we make it work this year then this time next year we could have a Freshers stall lol oh imagine the signs
Tea_Fiend
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Tee hee, this all sounds awsome! I want a cocksoc hoodie!!
button16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by BexTait)
Oooo I think they are known as virgin cocktails which would go quite well with the societies name.
Garnerish
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Probs just gonna end up joining RocSoc. It better not be 'rock' like Fall in boy, and all that crap.
There should be a MetalSoc damnit :P
Invisible Painting
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Garnerish)
Probs just gonna end up joining RocSoc. It better not be 'rock' like Fall in boy, and all that crap.
There should be a MetalSoc damnit :P
You mean Fall Out Boy :rolleyes: Or was that intentional I know someone who said the same thing about a Metalsoc though, but Rocsoc to my knowledge covers most types of rock anyway including metal. I know the societies are held in the Angel where they generally play metal/rock.
Garnerish
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Invisible Painting)
You mean Fall Out Boy :rolleyes: Or was that intentional
Ah ye caught me out
I used my amazing skills of humour and immaturity to get the name wrong, therefore proving how little I know about the ****ty music lol.

(Original post by Invisible Painting)
I know someone who said the same thing about a Metalsoc though, but Rocsoc to my knowledge covers most types of rock anyway including metal.
Cool. And there's an indiesoc ain't there? So no worries of having to listen to 34 bands who pretend to come from the north and sound exactly the same.
Olyy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Just noticed you're staying in Brynderw too,
Me you and ante guardian all there, all metal heads :d
Opera_Comique
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by apresmoi)
The great thing about **** sock will be making our own fantastic potent cocktails before we go for **** sock socials.

In buckets, obviously
Are lowly fresher's allowed into CockSoc as well? I badly want a shirt with thtat on And my hobby is making cocktails, so this society would basically be perfect
loopylauren
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Too right!! We need people to take over once we leave

We were trying to think of a colour for the hoodies but I think we are going to say that people can have whatever colour they want but it has to have certain words/logo on it that all match. In other words Elly wanted yellow hoodies and yellow makes me look dead and we ended up not being able to decide, so I suggested dif colours each and as president I win :p:.
Invisible Painting
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by loopylauren)
Too right!! We need people to take over once we leave

We were trying to think of a colour for the hoodies but I think we are going to say that people can have whatever colour they want but it has to have certain words/logo on it that all match. In other words Elly wanted yellow hoodies and yellow makes me look dead and we ended up not being able to decide, so I suggested dif colours each and as president I win :p:.
Yellow's not a very good colour anyway how many cocktails are yellow :p: (Apart from Pina Coladas...ignore that one!) I think black hoodies as then the white text of Cocksoc will stand out the most

Oh and yeah of course freshers are welcome I'd assume they'd be a priority target being all young and innocent and all :rolleyes:
loopylauren
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah I was thinking black! Plus it's a colour everyone will wear.

Pina Coladas = yuuummm!
Garnerish
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Olyy)
Just noticed you're staying in Brynderw too,
Me you and ante guardian all there, all metal heads :d
Awesome.

I'm feeling alot better about the RocSoc now :p:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Aberystwyth University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 10 Jul '19
  • Aberystwyth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 10 Jul '19
  • Aberystwyth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 14 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (508)
37.71%
No - but I will (103)
7.65%
No - I don't want to (92)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (644)
47.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise