Couldn't be arsed to spellcheck
Prudy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
Couldn't be arsed to spellcheck
dw< I think that's the correct spelling. I put question marks around it to try and negate any negs I mihgt get from people thinking I actually think cerebral palsy is a good thing (which it is :ninja: :eek2:)
Absinth
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Personally I think Harvester's steaks aren't the best and a bit on the tasteless side.
ally.pants
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Wetherspoons - I used to work there and I wouldn't eat there for the world having seen what is actually in the food!
Tufts
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by ally.pants)
Wetherspoons - I used to work there and I wouldn't eat there for the world having seen what is actually in the food!
Do tell!
Spotty Dog
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Absinth)
Personally I think Harvester's steaks aren't the best and a bit on the tasteless side.
As I said earlier, I find Harvesters to be a bit hit and miss. The Tom Lock, in the centre of town, do some horrible, dry steaks (and I question whether they actually know what a cut of sirlion looks like! Several times I'm sure they've ripped me off with rump) but Alwalton, on the edge really can cook a good steak.

Also, there's a Harvester near Hersham somewhere called the Otter that does a steak perfectly. :P

(Beefeater if you want a really good steak for a good price though)
Absinth
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ooh, I've never been to Beefeater. Must try.
Spotty Dog
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Absinth)
Ooh, I've never been to Beefeater. Must try.
They do a lovely steak. And the chips are REAL chips, not the fries like Harvester do. Nice salad too.

(And Nectar points!)
ally.pants
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Lots just comes from packets which look like they certainly don't contain anything edible. They whack the packets in the microwave and then serve them up. The personal hygiene of those who worked in the kitchen were i was made it generally worse (ie pulling their balls outside their trousers and flashing bar/serving staff as they went through the kitchen).
I'm afraid no one will ever convince me that places like Spoons and the Harvester serve nice food. It comes out of packets and none of it is really fresh or good for you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (308)
37.52%
No - but I will (63)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (61)
7.43%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (389)
47.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise