?
Report 10 years ago
Sounds Like Peep Show.
Marsha2112
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It wouldn't be assault anyway, because he had been asking for it for ages beforehand. Lol, don't worry, the idiot can't do anything. XD
Donald Duck
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by looosey)
Sexism is treating one gender as inferior to the other. Men and women are treated differently in many ways, simply because they are different. This isn't sexism.

Short of drugging him, I'm struggling to see how a woman could physically force a man to have sex with her. Certainly, it's possible that a woman could bully a man into sex, but to call that rape makes a mockery of what it is to truly be raped.
How about a women (or two, so one can concentrate on having sex) holding a gun to the guy's head and tells him to **** her?

Girls get pregnant, guys don't. So it isn't sexism to hire men instead of women, only because at some point in their lives, the women is going to be unable to work for a certain period of time?
FindFixStroke
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I know whoever said I swallowed the evidence was joking but doesn't that mean traces are in my body so I couldn't deny the whole thing?
You swallow and wake people up in a 'special way'. Could I introduce you to my girlfriend - she needs a bit of guidance?
looosey
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Donald Duck)
How about a women (or two, so one can concentrate on having sex) holding a gun to the guy's head and tells him to **** her?

Girls get pregnant, guys don't. So it isn't sexism to hire men instead of women, only because at some point in their lives, the women is going to be unable to work for a certain period of time?
Well firstly, I think it'd be fair to say that nine times out of ten, a woman would not need to use force to persuade a man to have sex with her. Men are almost always up for sex, with almost any woman; the same cannot be said in reverse. That is one reason why it's different.

The main source of distress in your scenario would be having a gun held to your head, not the woman having sex with you. That's certainly a crime, but it isn't rape. There's a subtle difference between using the threat of a gun to force a man to have sex with you, and forcefully initiating sex with a man whilst holding a gun to his head. Am I wrong in suggesting that if the gun hadn't entered the scenario, the guy probably would've been happy enough to have sex with these two women? That gun is just there to try to prove a point.

What is the likelihood that this woman having sex with this man is causing him any pain? Surely there must be some element of arousal if the man is even able to perform? There's no doubting that being forced at gunpoint to have sex with, say, an unattractive, violent woman, would be a deeply distressing experience, but I would still call this sexual assault and not rape. I do not think that it is possible for a woman to rape a man in a way that is equally psychologically damaging and physically painful as a man raping a woman.

I like the way you're drawing on the sexism thread, and I do see the point you're trying to make, but you're just pointing out that exploiting certain gender differences is sexism, and I'm not sure how that is relevant.
Tufts
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

Not all women want babies :rolleyes:
Flick The Switch
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I need help i am actually ****ting myself. I need to calm down, I feel like I'm going to have a panick attack.

Ever since we've got together my boyfriend has gone ON at me to give him head. I've said no because I do think it's gross (I've done it in previous relationships). Anyway about 2 weeks ago I was feeling adventurous and it was in the morning. He'd told me to wake him up when I woke up, so I thought I'd wake him up in a interesting way . He made out he loved it etc etc. NOW we are no longer together (i ended it 2days ago).

He has said to me that I abused him when he was asleep and took full advantage :rolleyes: and I'M lucky he hasn't gone to the Police as this is a form of rape (sexual assault). I have no idea where this has come from. It was a pretty bitter brake up but he keeps saying he is going to the Police. I have no idea what to do. What if I'm at home and the Police come round here, to my parents, and arrest me. I can't believe this is happening. All because I wanted to be a better girlfriend.
He is a ******* to put it bluntly. You should not be worried because I am sure the police would not take this seriously. It is a petty relationship issue that he has taken too far.
JB26
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Don't worry. Hes being an ass. He's just bitter that he got dumped and now hes trying to scare you.

For one thing, he'd probably never even approach the police. Its a difficulty trying to get a lot of ACTUAL rape victims to report their crimes... this kid would never phone the police and say that his 'ex-girlfriend woke him up with a bj when we were going out and now we've split up and i want to file for sexual assault'. So it will probably never go any further than his idle threat.

For another, there would be no case. Its not rape if he consented to it (he did). And this is a common thing anyway to be quite honest... So don't worry, nothing will become of it.

And at the end of the day, its his word against yours...
shinyhappy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jismith1989)
He's being an arse, good on you for dumping him. But there is absolutely no need to worry at all -- women cannot be prosecuted for rape in British law, only men can. That is a fact. A criminal case has to go through so many stages that is is all but impossible that you will be convicted, with any offence, for simply sucking your boyfriends ****, especially after he had been begging you to do it!
Technically they can, but only for assisting the rape of another woman, rather than for raping a man...
But to the OP, don't worry, this case would never get anywhere, and I very much doubt he'd have the nerve to report it to the police, he'd sound ridiculous. He's just making empty threats because he's angry, don't talk to him, just leave him to cool down, don't let him see that you're panicked by his threats.
faber niger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by shinyhappy)
Technically they can, but only for assisting the rape of another woman, rather than for raping a man...
But to the OP, don't worry, this case would never get anywhere, and I very much doubt he'd have the nerve to report it to the police, he'd sound ridiculous. He's just making empty threats because he's angry, don't talk to him, just leave him to cool down, don't let him see that you're panicked by his threats.
Ah, well, yes. Though that's not 'really' rape, just aiding therein; I take your point nonetheless.
strawberry
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Wow, his immaturity has reached a new high in lowness.
shinyhappy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jismith1989)
Ah, well, yes. Though that's not 'really' rape, just aiding therein; I take your point nonetheless.
I'm just being pedantic (and reading my new introduction to law books) don't mind me :p:
faber niger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by shinyhappy)
I'm just being pedantic (and reading my new introduction to law books) don't mind me :p:
No, I like being corrected, it's the best way to improve knowledge: you made a good point!
Donald Duck
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
Not all women want babies :rolleyes:
Nope, but some will, and if only half of all women would want babies, that is still 4 months (I think) of no work but being paid, on average, for the whole female population, while it is something like 2 weeks for men.

However, I still consider it sexism.
Donald Duck
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by looosey)
Well firstly, I think it'd be fair to say that nine times out of ten, a woman would not need to use force to persuade a man to have sex with her. Men are almost always up for sex, with almost any woman; the same cannot be said in reverse. That is one reason why it's different. The main source of distress in your scenario would be having a gun held to your head, not the woman having sex with you. That's certainly a crime, but it isn't rape. There's a subtle difference between using the threat of a gun to force a man to have sex with you, and forcefully initiating sex with a man whilst holding a gun to his head. Am I wrong in suggesting that if the gun hadn't entered the scenario, the guy probably would've been happy enough to have sex with these two women? That gun is just there to try to prove a point.
I disagree, that depends entirely on the man and woman in question. If some fat grandmother came up to me and wanted sex, I'd say no. I believe that that's true for quite a few people, certainly most of those of my age. She would have to force me with something like a gun to have sex with her.

What is the likelihood that this woman having sex with this man is causing him any pain? Surely there must be some element of arousal if the man is even able to perform? There's no doubting that being forced at gunpoint to have sex with, say, an unattractive, violent woman, would be a deeply distressing experience, but I would still call this sexual assault and not rape. I do not think that it is possible for a woman to rape a man in a way that is equally psychologically damaging and physically painful as a man raping a woman.
What if he doesn't get it 'up', but still has to try? What if a rapist gets the women to orgasm? Does that really make a difference?

As long as the women is held under gunpoint, why would she have to experience so much physical pain (let's assume she is not a virgin)?

I guess that it would be more psychologically damaging for the average women compared to the average man, but this can be hugely different between different people as well. Some men will take it worse than some women. The judge should take this into consideration, but as it was still sex forced by one person onto another, using real death threats, I still see it as rape.

I like the way you're drawing on the sexism thread, and I do see the point you're trying to make, but you're just pointing out that exploiting certain gender differences is sexism, and I'm not sure how that is relevant.
I might be getting off topic a bit, I agree. However, I just like to discuss my point of view on this as well.
Tufts
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Nope, but some will, and if only half of all women would want babies, that is still 4 months (I think) of no work but being paid, on average, for the whole female population, while it is something like 2 weeks for men.

However, I still consider it sexism.
Then all we need to do is increase paternity leave for men so that it is equal to maternity leave I would like that.
Donald Duck
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
Then all we need to do is increase paternity leave for men so that it is equal to maternity leave I would like that.
lol, that would work :p:
Sugar_Gems
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I need help i am actually ****ting myself. I need to calm down, I feel like I'm going to have a panick attack.

Ever since we've got together my boyfriend has gone ON at me to give him head. I've said no because I do think it's gross (I've done it in previous relationships). Anyway about 2 weeks ago I was feeling adventurous and it was in the morning. He'd told me to wake him up when I woke up, so I thought I'd wake him up in a interesting way . He made out he loved it etc etc. NOW we are no longer together (i ended it 2days ago).

He has said to me that I abused him when he was asleep and took full advantage :rolleyes: and I'M lucky he hasn't gone to the Police as this is a form of rape (sexual assault). I have no idea where this has come from. It was a pretty bitter brake up but he keeps saying he is going to the Police. I have no idea what to do. What if I'm at home and the Police come round here, to my parents, and arrest me. I can't believe this is happening. All because I wanted to be a better girlfriend.
LMAO!!
What nonsense.
Laus
Report 10 years ago
What if the roles were reversed? What if he woke you up in an 'interesting way'?

Would there be a case? Probably.

Just a thought.

Admittedly, he does sound like a knob.

Laus .
Laus
Report 10 years ago
If the police do get in touch, which I highly doubt, you should print off this discussion.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (82)
39.23%
No - but I will (9)
4.31%
No - I don't want to (13)
6.22%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (105)
50.24%

Watched Threads