Anyone going to Roehampton?? Watch

yashking
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by flowermaster91)
you just disrespected and made many mistakes about the uni i'm going to, and why are you on a roehampton thread if you dont go there
k sorry.
flowermaster91
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by yashking)
k sorry.
apology accepted
xXx-Kiki-xXx
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Just finished my exams, cannot wait to move out of bristol and go to Roehampton!!! :-). Anyone doing English Language and Linguistics? Also does anyone know when students move into the halls? :-)
samwilson530
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by xXx-Kiki-xXx)
Just finished my exams, cannot wait to move out of bristol and go to Roehampton!!! :-). Anyone doing English Language and Linguistics? Also does anyone know when students move into the halls? :-)
I'm doing English Language and Linguistics with Criminology :-). I think it says on the website that you move in on the sunday before freshers week, which i think is the 20th september. You staying in halls in Southlands?
xXx-Kiki-xXx
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by samwilson530)
I'm doing English Language and Linguistics with Criminology :-). I think it says on the website that you move in on the sunday before freshers week, which i think is the 20th september. You staying in halls in Southlands?
Hey :-).
Oh thanks :-) I must have missed that on the website, where abouts does it say that? I'm not staying in Southlands, I'm staying in one of the halls on Digby Stuart. So do you live in London or are you moving from somewhere else? I'm moving from Bristol , can't wait!
kingdom90210
Report 9 years ago
Hi,
I'm thinking of joining RoeActive next year, does anyone know what it's like?
Jenniii
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by kingdom90210)
Hi,
I'm thinking of joining RoeActive next year, does anyone know what it's like?
Sameeee
Lucyroehampton
Report 9 years ago
Does anyone know if there is any parking around Roehampton Uni anywhere? I don't mind walking.. the not so far public transport treck has changed to a very far over 2 hour treck! Any hints or tips welcome!!! x
alise
Report 9 years ago
hi! Does anybody know anything about the BA/BSc film course at Roehampton? I have been reading through everything I can find about the uni, and I cant make up my mind whats the teaching quality there? Especially for the film course.:confused: Plz help!
cherbearbunnykins
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Lol I just went to the gym (RoeActive) today! Hehe, I've been a member there for over a year now as it's right near my flat. It's a wicked gym and they always have great deals, lovely instructors and great music playing! They do special deals for students of the uni and summer deals, I paid £40 for 4 months unlimited use which is pretty good.

Lucy Roehampton; I don't drive but a lot of my friends do and there is no parking at all on campus (they are very strict about that) however there are quite a lot of car parks on the local estates around the area which some people use although check first that they are not residents only.

Alise; I don't study film but i have friends who do and they very much like the course; I can't comment on the teaching for that degree but the level of teaching quality on my course has always been good.

Try http://studentzone.roehampton.ac.uk for more details on courses etc, it's meant for students already at the uni but you don't need to log in.

If anyone has any questions relating to the uni at all please don't hestitate to ask me on here or message me I'm going into my third year in Sep and I've also lived in the area for 15 years so I know a lot!
phoenix287
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by cherbearbunnykins)
Lol I just went to the gym (RoeActive) today! Hehe, I've been a member there for over a year now as it's right near my flat. It's a wicked gym and they always have great deals, lovely instructors and great music playing! They do special deals for students of the uni and summer deals, I paid £40 for 4 months unlimited use which is pretty good.

Lucy Roehampton; I don't drive but a lot of my friends do and there is no parking at all on campus (they are very strict about that) however there are quite a lot of car parks on the local estates around the area which some people use although check first that they are not residents only.

Alise; I don't study film but i have friends who do and they very much like the course; I can't comment on the teaching for that degree but the level of teaching quality on my course has always been good.

Try http://studentzone.roehampton.ac.uk for more details on courses etc, it's meant for students already at the uni but you don't need to log in.

If anyone has any questions relating to the uni at all please don't hestitate to ask me on here or message me I'm going into my third year in Sep and I've also lived in the area for 15 years so I know a lot!
Is the library at Roehampton any good?
cherbearbunnykins
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yes, it's ok; I have never had a problem getting any books for my subject (journalism and media) although often there is a problem with everyone wanting the same book and there is only one copy! The Wired Cafe is a great internet cafe in the library though, it's often open until the early hours and serves nice food!
Lucyroehampton
Report 9 years ago
Thanks!!
alise
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by cherbearbunnykins)

Thanks!
cherbearbunnykins
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
No worries! Just trying to spread the Roehampton love; I've had a great experience so far but i guess when i start getting grumpy because i have a 10,000 dissertation to write i might feel differently lol.
alise
Report 9 years ago
Oh its great to hear something good about Roehampton, I have been struggling for weeks trying to "learn the truth" about it,its damn hard to get info. But most likely I'll got to Roehampton anyway.

Good luck with your dissertation!
cherbearbunnykins
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Thank you! I know what you mean, the prospectus doesn't really tell you what you need to know does it! I can honestly say I have been very happy here so far and i'm looking forward to the new batch of freshers hehe, freshers week is always great (and messy...!). If you think of anything you need to know about the uni, just ask
FilthyYouth
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'v been hearing that there is significantly more girls then there is boys at the university? Any truth in this?
Also with the freshers week, is most of the events held on campus or do people go out to clubs and such? :woo:
cherbearbunnykins
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yes, it's VERY true lol. I'd probably say it's 70% girls and 30% boys, sucks a bit if you are a straight single female!

Um the last two freshers weeks, most of it has been held in uni apart from one day. Last two years, the Monday was The Bop which is on campus, Tuesday is something like a comedy night, there was also a roller disco; this was held off campus in Vaxhaull. Friday is freshers fair (you get amazing freebies here...make sure you go!) and Saturday it's all wrapped up with a school disco (on campus).

I have to warn everyone wanting to go to freshers week, the tickets sell out REALLY quickly; hopefully you'll get the chance to get Freshers band that gets you into everything the whole week. People start queuing at like 8am lol.

x
Jestina_b
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hey!

I'm new to this site so pls bare with me lol

Can't w8 2 start Uni in September to study Education/English Language and Linguistics (supposed to be goin Roehampton if I get the grades).

Am I the only 1 that's reeeaallllyyy excited?? :woo: :woo: :woo:

I've visited the Uni webiste so many times already and keep praying that I get in!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (233)
27.48%
No (615)
72.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise