Turn on thread page Beta

Do/did you hate PE? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Do/did you hate PE?
    Yes
    61.61%
    No
    38.39%

ReputationRep:
    I used to have it on a Friday afternoon, so we'd basically just play football then go home in our PE kit. 'Twas awesome!

We used to separate the err... less physically inclined students from everyone else too, so we actually had half decent football matches. Girls and fat kids did hockey/basketball/badminton and all the indoor stuff, we did football/rugby and outdoor stuff. Gotta love segregation

ReputationRep:
    hated it, cross country I used to die in lol! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adgjl)
    Hated it! Especially in Winter, mixed with the embarrassment of not being good and having to change at awkward times of the day. Liked Badminton after i got over the changing bit. It used to be compulsory, well it still is because my high school was also a sports college but somehow I managed to get away with it and ended up doing whatever sport I wanted for PE. i.e Badminton

Winter was unkind for slow people... our PE teachers used to give you a time limit to get changed after the swimming/basketball lessons and if you didn't get dressed in time he would force you to finish putting your clothes on outside on the steps. No matter the weather conditions.

Lol he had a pet hate for me, I never showed up for his useless classes. He used to catch me walking around the school and have strong words to try get me back into line. Another PE teacher of ours was sacked for stealing school money somehow .. he was a nice guy, too.

ReputationRep:
    One of my friends would remove a ceiling tile from under a shower cubicle in changing room roof, get someone to give him a leg up, climb into the ceiling and pull the rest of us up. We'd all balance precariously on the steal beams in the roof.

We weren't desperate to avoid it, we just had a pretty sick sense of humour and would enjoy surprising some randomer who came back into the (now) dark changing room because they forgot some kit.

Good times.

ReputationRep:
    I hated PE. I'm generally not very good at team sports, I like the more 'awkard' sports: swimming, martial arts, windsurfing etc. I like hockey and rugby, but don't tend to play them as I'm awful and hate feeling as if I'm letting the team down.

ReputationRep:
    In yrs 7 and 8 I hated it as we had to do Hockey, Gym and Lacrosse all of which I was really bad at. In yr 9 we still had to do them but not for the whole year, plus we did some new sports aswell that I enjoyed more. In yrs 10 and and 11 I quite enjoyed PE as we basically got a full choice in what sports we took...ie, no more Hockey and Lacrosse for me .

ReputationRep:
    The only thing i didnt like about PE was how it was forced upon you to do something, no matter how bad you were feeling that day

worst one i remember was they froced us to do cross country run in the rain and had just gotten back from being off school for 4 days it sucked big time

now though im as fit as a fiddle and love to do exercise just because its when i want to do it and im not being forced to do it, im very stubborn that way

ReputationRep:
    PE is for social humilliation, a lesson in pointlessness, and for wasting time.

ReputationRep:
    As a school subject, absolutely! But I guess that's thanks to my awesome teacher who give the girl with the lowest mark a higher mark than the boy with the highest mark... :s

ReputationRep:
    I hated it. The only thing that was enjoyable was sprint running, cause i could do it and didnt need to be in a team. Everyone knw i sucked at team games, so i was the last one picked....even my 'friends' wouldnt pick me. And while we were playing, if i did something to make them lose they would get really pissed off with me, like i deliberately did it ¬_¬ i was like 'jeez its just a f****** game!'

Netball = Hell

(Original post by schneebs)
    worst one i remember was they froced us to do cross country run in the rain and had just gotten back from being off school for 4 days it sucked big time
    I'd rather be doing that after I'd been ill than be sat in a classroom doing work, but that's just me.

ReputationRep:
    But 1 thing I loved about PE was watching the girls have to run around in their little uniforms in the rain..doing laps etc..amazing..

ReputationRep:
    I loved it. Being energetic, letting off steam, thrashing the stress away, being competitive, being good at some of it, learning who made good/bad team mates I loved running in the rain, it was something different rather than sitting in a class room looking at the white board, something I could actually focus on!!! And I loved the burning feeling after, made me feel great. I'm not physically active at all now

ReputationRep:
    Yes, that was such a waste subject. So glad I don't do it anymore. (Y)

ReputationRep:
    I loved Pe in secondary school, though on a Friday, I used to have Pe first thing in the morning and then Spanish at the top of the tower block..:eek:

ReputationRep:
    Didn't mind it too much. Depended what were doing. Football got boring so I'd skip it, but tennis or cricket was good.

ReputationRep:
    Hated it. Institutionalised torture. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Loved it.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely loved it and was on all the girls sport teams.

ReputationRep:
    It was brilliant, I love doing most sports. We used to play in shorts all year round, I remember playing football on a frozen pitch with a white ball and a foot of snow. That was great fun, sliding tackles especially. I used to be not great at sports, but after a year or two I got really good.

I gained the nickname of Vinnie Jones which was a nice touch. I never got a straight red card and only occasionally a yellow. Used to annoy a lot of guys with my challenges. And it was always fun trying to tackle the girls of the class.

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.