Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    an okay day so far!
    Breakfast: oats and branflakes= 150
    Snack: apple=50
    Then in english we had 'cake day' which meant: cadburys bites=140, mini bun=103 and a mini muffin=100
    Lunch: jacket potato = 250

Totals so far = 793
    But i wil be having pasta later = 600 and probably a bit of dark chocolate so total for the day will be ablout 1500 or 1600
    I will also be running later!
    must go to do my homework!!!
    xxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    Have lost 3 lb since last Tuesday... Not quite sure how! Although have walked, run and cycled a lot... *shrug*

Yey 4lbs more and I will have lost 4 stone, maybe a little more!! I tried on some size 14 trousers today and they were too big :eek:.

ReputationRep:
    Well done, thepinkpowerranger =]

Alas, everything is going to pot here. I've been rushed off my feet between lectures, studying and working, and haven't had time to do all that, so haven't done any proper exercise =( However, I'm walking and cycling between places a lot, so I'm trying to be positive about that, and make time for other stuff somehow.
    My diet is also a bit rubbish - I've started drinking the 'add hot water' instant soup, because I've not always got time to cook properly.

ReputationRep:
    thepinkpowerranger - that's amazing well done!

Not so good diet waise yesterday or buuut, went to the gym yesterday and did:

30 minutes walking there
    20 mins on the X-trainer
    10 mins on this wierd bicycle for the arms (showed me how stupidly weak I am, so: )
    went to the scary weights section of the gym too...Kinda helped that this other girl was there, usually there are only very scary looking men in their 40s.... Anyway, it was fun.

And I'm having a rowing induction tonight...Finally got around to joining....

ReputationRep:
    feel a bit rubbish today.
    My bmi is 23!!!! i was really surprised as i thought it was much lower! like 21
    Ideally i would like to 12kg. That would be good.
    How many kg per week is it good to lose?
    Could i lose that in 12 weeks?
    xxxxx

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm pretty sure I'll be fit be Xmas, judging by how my induction at the rowing club went today - it was so much fun, I can't wait 'till Sunday now! Also noticed how slim all of the rowers were (including my old PE teacher!)

ReputationRep:
    Omg I definately need to get fit/lose weight. The thing is I'm a size 10/8 but to me I don't look it and have put on loads of weight in the last year or 2 - even though I used to be the same size, I don't get it! Anywayy I need to start fromm urmmm tomorrow! I need to start eating healthily/less and go to the gym or something!

ReputationRep:
    hello again
    an okay day. More chocolate than i planned but ive just done a bit of jogging around the house for 20 mins and stretching so im trying to compensate.
    Its definetly an improvement from my night binging where i consumed 1000 calories etc than my rda. Its weird cos then if i overat e i kind of didnt care and was like ah well its only a few more. Now i get really annoyed with myself if i overeat by 200 or so and even when im within my RDA.
    Tomorrow i will run in the morning hopefully and on sunday morning i will be doing hills so that will be good
    xxxxxxxxxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RawJoh1)
    What are your lifts now?
    110 x 2
    75 x 5 (not sure what the weight of bar in the powerlifting gym is tho)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lol_wut)
    110 x 2
    75 x 5 (not sure what the weight of bar in the powerlifting gym is tho)
    It's 20.

ReputationRep:
    oh my gosh! totally didnt know there was this forum! Anyways, my story is that I have always wanted to lose weight, a rediculously large amount of weight so that one day when I see some one they would be like"wow"....u know how it goes. Prob is with me is that I never have a diet which I stick to for more than 5 days or so. I did try this eating healthy thing over the summer and lose 4lbs in about 10 days which was amazing for me.

Was thinking of running in the evening after school for a while but I hate people looking at me so half the time I dont bother. Any tips? and gym is to expensive!!

ReputationRep:
    It's 20.
    cool. my squat is 80 then. i thought it couldn't possibly be that high because i was squatting 50 + the bar in a smith machine before and was told that the empty bar was 20.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stargirl63)
    oh my gosh! totally didnt know there was this forum! Anyways, my story is that I have always wanted to lose weight, a rediculously large amount of weight so that one day when I see some one they would be like"wow"....u know how it goes. Prob is with me is that I never have a diet which I stick to for more than 5 days or so. I did try this eating healthy thing over the summer and lose 4lbs in about 10 days which was amazing for me.

Was thinking of running in the evening after school for a while but I hate people looking at me so half the time I dont bother. Any tips? and gym is to expensive!!
    yeh i have the same problem! what about morning? or now its getting darker you could go at about 5.30pm as people wont be able to see you as much.
    What did you do to lose 4lbs in 10 days?

Im going to try and make this week really good!
    Tomorrow i will run in morning and then have training in evening.
    Tuesday am i will run. Wednesday am i will run. Thurday pm then friday am.
    I might go sat and perhaps sun.
    This week will be the week i get back on track!!!
    xxxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    good luck smile like you mean it....to lose 4lbs, I didnt do very much if u ask me. Just ate a few more fruits than usual..ie 3 a day or so and ran for about 30mins for 8 out of the ten days. I wasnt on a strict diet or anything coz I went to pizza hut that week as well!
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    I hurt from the gym, yay! Am finally getting into a routine now hooray.

I managed to lose another 2lb since last Tuesday... I'm quite amazed that it seems to keep just coming off, must be because I'm keeping eating about 90% clean, walk loads, do a fair bit of exercise on top of that and am on my feet a lot lot!

Whatever it is, I'm glad it's working.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thepinkpowerranger)
    I hurt from the gym, yay! Am finally getting into a routine now hooray.

I managed to lose another 2lb since last Tuesday... I'm quite amazed that it seems to keep just coming off, must be because I'm keeping eating about 90% clean, walk loads, do a fair bit of exercise on top of that and am on my feet a lot lot!

Whatever it is, I'm glad it's working.

how are you doing this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stargirl63)
    how are you doing this?

I would guess:

keep eating about 90% clean, walk loads, do a fair bit of exercise on top of that and be on your feet a lot lot!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bebbs)
    I would guess:

keep eating about 90% clean, walk loads, do a fair bit of exercise on top of that and be on your feet a lot lot!
    How did you know? :eek:

(And by 'fair bit of exercise' I mean gym/some kind of sport for at least an hour/hour and a half about 3 - 4 times a week. )

ReputationRep:
    90% clean means what exactly??

ReputationRep:
    90% clean 10% dirty.

I.e. if you eat 2000calories a day, 1800 from clean sources; your usual lean meats, slow release carbs, veg etc.
    200 cals from chocolate for instance.

Poll
Do you have a role model?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.