Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rennie)
    It means of the past. Something that is 'old school' means it is done in a way that is now out of date, that sort of thing.
    I see.... thank you~ =]

ReputationRep:
    I've got an application acknowledgement email from UCL.

This seems standard though.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by necessarily benevolent)
    I've got an application acknowledgement email from UCL.

This seems standard though.
    I don't get your new siggy I do seem to sometimes see it going one way and sometimes the other (even on the same bit of video) but I can't see how :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    I sent my UCAS to my referee on monday, its been 'in' my headteachers office all week now, he's costing me valuable time !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tc123)
    I'm not sure if I'm misreading this, but are you saying you have an offer of BBB from York for History?
    Yeah, I thought that was strange as well. Good on whoever got that anyway, History at York is usually AAB or above.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH123)
    I sent my UCAS to my referee on monday, its been 'in' my headteachers office all week now, he's costing me valuable time !
    I sent mine this time last week, I KNOW my reference is written because the teacher who wrote it for me thoughtfully sent me a copy on Sunday. It just needs copying in and sending! 12 days (8 excluding weekends) for school to get themselves sorted... *nervous*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosemary7391)
    I sent mine this time last week, I KNOW my reference is written because the teacher who wrote it for me thoughtfully sent me a copy on Sunday. It just needs copying in and sending! 12 days (8 excluding weekends) for school to get themselves sorted... *nervous*
    How do you think we on the other side feel?

ReputationRep:
    Such a pain.. Sent off my application and everything a week ago now, still says when I log on "your referee hasn't yet added your reference" and "your referee hasn't yet checked your application".

It's irritating as I spent so many hours trying to get it all done for the schools pre-Oct 15th deadline, then it goes and is likely just sitting in a pile in the headmasters office. I just want it all sent, get my track login so that I can have a track obsession for the next few months.. Then actually know I'm waiting for offers/rejections, rather than now where it feels like everything's just idling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosemary7391)
    They are taking a stupid amount of time to copy and paste mine too, my references were done halfway through september.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when UCL and King's start inviting people to interview? Also when do St. Andrews and Exeter start giving out offers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CraigJohnston)
    Just the answer I was looking for
    Thanks pal
    No probs, the wonders of having a Scottish girlfriend

ReputationRep:
    yes! BBB!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by MayDay102)
    yes! BBB!
    What? Where? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    What? Where?
    To Mithra- The poster in question got one from York.

To said poster -They must really like the look of you to give you a BBB History offer.

By the way, how come you're getting a conditional when you're on a gap year?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by necessarily benevolent)
    To Mithra- The poster in question got one from York.

To said poster -They must really like the look of you to give you a BBB History offer.

By the way, how come you're getting a conditional when you're on a gap year?
    Aha, its the same person thanks :p:.

I too am intrigued by the gap year thing?

ReputationRep:
    I sent off my ucas form on the 16th of September, was processed on the 18th. I only applied to the University of Sheffielf and UCL, but have yet to receive an acknowledgement letter/email from either of the institutes. Is it strange for it to take this long or is it fairly normal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9mm)
    I sent off my ucas form on the 16th of September, was processed on the 18th. I only applied to the University of Sheffielf and UCL, but have yet to receive an acknowledgement letter/email from either of the institutes. Is it strange for it to take this long or is it fairly normal?
    I got my UCL acknowledgement email today and my form went off on Wednesday. So I suppose it is quite strange. Although it might depend on the faculty.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's possible.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else heard anything? Or sent theirs off yet?
    I've been told that if all goes to plan, I should have it sent off this Friday.

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer from Manchester, AAB for Politics and International Relations, woooo

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 26, 2009

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.