Turn on thread page Beta

BNC halloween bop

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EducatingBrogan)
    I'm being spied on and not told?

This worries me :eek:
    I maybe saw you (i.e. a girl in a BNC hoodie) down by the boathouses at the weekend. You/she looked faintly familiar...but not enough to risk making a prat of myself with "excuse me, I think I know you from the internets".

ReputationRep:
    If anyone was on the river today, I was the one in a boat for the first time and screeching manically. Highly embarrassing actually. I've never been so bloody terrified in my life.
    Oh, I should read the whole topic. It clearly was you. Yay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rkd)
    Oh, I should read the whole topic. It clearly was you. Yay.
    :rofl:

If you saw a girl with a BNC hoodie, hood up, dripping from the rain, and grimace visible from 100 feet, that's me...

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

If you saw a girl with a BNC hoodie, hood up, dripping from the rain, and grimace visible from 100 feet, that's me...
    I'm a committed* rower now, so I think people being soaking and grimacing is just how they're meant to look :p:

How's it all going, failed boatie experience aside?

* does not imply actual commitment once we're in Hilary and it's cold

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rkd)
    I'm a committed* rower now, so I think people being soaking and grimacing is just how they're meant to look :p:

How's it all going, failed boatie experience aside?

* does not imply actual commitment once we're in Hilary and it's cold
    lol christ church beckons!!

u up to 8s yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curiouslyorange1989)

u up to 8s yet?
    Yep, done all eights in our last three sessions and have been feathering in the tank - we'll probably start feathering in the boat this weekend. How about you?

ReputationRep:

u up to 8s yet?
    I think I saw you today! Were you the lawyer in the dark suit walking with the two people in grey suits? Or am I horribly wrong (as per usual :p: )
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Popa Dom was drunkenly moaning last night that none of the freshers have been trying to spot him :p:

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what enough people look like to be able to go on a spotting mission

I'll be hard to miss on Friday night though, wandering around Oxford in possibly the most unattractive and ridiculous costume known to humanity...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)
    Popa Dom was drunkenly moaning last night that none of the freshers have been trying to spot him :p:
    I've never heard of them.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Well, quite. He can hardly complain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tarnishedpenny)
    I think I saw you today! Were you the lawyer in the dark suit walking with the two people in grey suits? Or am I horribly wrong (as per usual :p: )
    haha yea that was me mooting this morn lyk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rkd)
    Yep, done all eights in our last three sessions and have been feathering in the tank - we'll probably start feathering in the boat this weekend. How about you?
    lol u did all 8 without feathering? that must have been tricky lol!

yea we started all 8 3 outings ago as well after being taught feathering in the tank! been through the gut yet?

ReputationRep:

yea we started all 8 3 outings ago as well after being taught feathering in the tank! been through the gut yet?
    It's actually not bad. We're surprisingly stable.

Not been through the Gut yet, but then again we are Merton - nobody actually expects us to be good (except at our master sports of pool and darts, and I'm in the pool team this year, so soon it'll just be darts) :p:

ReputationRep:
    wandering around Oxford in possibly the most unattractive and ridiculous costume known to humanity...
    Why would you wear a Cambridge hoodie?

:getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what enough people look like to be able to go on a spotting mission
    Same :five:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Popa Dom)
    Ugh,I dont even remember going to park end last night.. Apparently I was just massively angry that I had to pay to get in. Guess thats what a power 13 at the duke of cambridge will do to you.

You were really pissed off, it was hilarious :p:

In your words: "Balreick has broken his covenant with Law Soc! I don't pay to go into clubs!"

ReputationRep:

Lucky you... I had to pick up feathering in the space of five minutes whilst we were actually out on the river, and I was with a bunch of senior rowers who - quite obviously - already knew exactly what they were doing. Fun times! At least I learned quickly.

Going through the gut definitely felt like an achievement... :^_^:

(Original post by Athena)

You were really pissed off, it was hilarious :p:

In your words: "Balreick has broken his covenant with Law Soc! I don't pay to go into clubs!"
    Were you at the Wadham bop last Saturday by the way?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by *pitseleh*)
    Were you at the Wadham bop last Saturday by the way?

Very briefly - dressed as an airwoman. I gave up at midnight, because the amount of distortion coming off the sound system made my head hurt.

What costume did you go for?

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.